• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How many blues apperances have you made.

I reckon an average of 25 games a season since I was 2 years old. When I was 2 I wasn't allowed to mid week games because it was passed my bedtime. In the early 90's I went to pretty much every game. So, if you include all cup games 25 seems like a reasonable average. Over 35 years, that makes 875 matches.

You lot aren't proper fans! :D :D

I'm guessing I'm pushing 300 or so. All but 20 or so being at home. It feels a lot more though. First went in 1989 but only regularly since 1994.

I think I must have done somewhere between 350 and 400 appearances. From about 1989 onwards I think I've done at least 20 games every season, but one (when I was away for 9 months).

Whilst at uni I managed to squeeze in 20 games a season, through a combination of games before uni started in late September, games at Christmas and Easter and northern away games.

I've even managed 20+ games a season in years when I've been out of the country for 6 months and 4 months at a time!

It's a shame that you couldn't be more precise!

;) :cool:

I had a spare hour or two about a month ago & added them all up:D

I was going to work out how many wins/draws/goals etc but will save that for another day:bear:

Phil Cox must be well over 1,000 mark & that bloke that does the SUFC database. Plus those two women that have done most games since 1968.

Last edited:
Must be around 600-650 odd. Nearly all home league and cup games for 21 years apart from 2 or 3 seasons whilst I was playing on a Saturday, together with probably an avergage of 5 or 6 away games per season.

Not a huge amount due to being an exile, only being young and not being introduced to the wonders of Blues until the 2000/01 season. I'd be very suprised if I've broken the 50/60 games barrier.
:(

I think Robin has seen Southend play at over 100 different venues :eek:
122 was the last count, I believe.

:D

The maddest thing is that he's done all that despite being one of the merry band of SUFC Exiles, and living nowhere nead Southend - he lives in Towcester, near Northampton!

:cool:

But yes, I imagine Robin is well past 1,000 games...

Matt

122 was the last count, I believe.

:D

The maddest thing is that he's done all that despite being one of the merry band of SUFC Exiles, and living nowhere nead Southend - he lives in Towcester, near Northampton!

:cool:

But yes, I imagine Robin is well past 1,000 games...

Matt

Not quite as much as the guy from Cheltenham, I forget his name, who had visited over 1,000 different grounds.

:eek:

I started supporting the Shrimpers in '69 when I was 10. Built up to a solid home and away supporter from about age 14 to 20. Sropped going much for a few years because I got married and had kids. Came back for the Bury match and the next couple of years. Missed a few while we was getting relagated but not missed more than the odd one or two over the last 8 or 9 years.

By the end of this season that'll make 900-odd league matches plus 50 or so assorted cup matches and 30 or so friendlies.

Quite frightening really isn't it?

About 900 for me on my S.U.F.C Rollercoaster .Worth every penny tho as I have had some magic moments that you really appreciate more once you had suffered watching some garbage Southend Teams at Roots with about 2500 others or about 100 fans away .Yes they were that bad .Happy Days now tho .Once it's in yer blood there's nothing you can do about it .Seen some amazing things at the Hall ,especially in the Seventies and early Eighties .

Have been a season ticket holder for 20 years and been a regular at away games since then as well so I would guess around the 1,000 mark.

Back