• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
Just how many goals has there been involving Leonard.s long throws .He has not performed to well this season and I cant think of to many goals that have come about from his throws . As I have stated in another thread .Maybe it is time he took his turn on the bench .To allow Deegan to get back into the side to add that bit a spice in the middle along side Timlin .I know he got a stupid red card last time out but maybe it was more bad luck than bad tackle .

On last nights showing, if Deegan doesn't get a recall, I think he'll be in PB's office demanding a transfer. If Worrall isn't ready Lenny may stay in the side, mind.

Just how many goals has there been involving Leonard.s long throws .He has not performed to well this season and I cant think of to many goals that have come about from his throws . As I have stated in another thread .Maybe it is time he took his turn on the bench .To allow Deegan to get back into the side to add that bit a spice in the middle along side Timlin .I know he got a stupid red card last time out but maybe it was more bad luck than bad tackle .

Well he was involved with the long throw for Accrington's first, does that count :smile:

On a serious note, I can't ever remember us scoring directly from one of his long throws, they do seem pointless.

While on the throw in front, I have noticed in 95% of our short throws, the ball goes back to the thrower. Not sure if that is tactical or we always get closed down early on throws but hardly ever does the receiver of the ball from a short throw on turn and run with it or pass to another player than the thrower

About the same number we score from corners

While on the throw in front, I have noticed in 95% of our short throws, the ball goes back to the thrower. Not sure if that is tactical or we always get closed down early on throws but hardly ever does the receiver of the ball from a short throw on turn and run with it or pass to another player than the thrower

"Feet and back" has always been a key coaching technique in any team. They ask the receiving players (who have their back to the play) to play back to the thrower, as he is looking at the whole pitch and has a better view of who is marked/unmarked etc

We scored loads of goals when we had Bilel getting on the end of them. Since he went there's nothing.

Well he was involved with the long throw for Accrington's first, does that count :smile:

On a serious note, I can't ever remember us scoring directly from one of his long throws, they do seem pointless.

Have you ever played football yourself? Some of the things you come out with amaze me.

Back