• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blue_Wes

Simple Minded
Knowing how footy fans like to tally up their grounds, I thought I'd share a decent site I stumbled across. It's by the same people who run the Facebook's (ask your kids Cricko) footballground app.

I also thought it would be nice to do something that wasn't related to Ron, or finance, or the new stadium.

http://www.footballgroundmap.com

It lets you tick off the grounds you have been to, give a review, a rating and leave pics if you wish. It then gives you a total, mine was 106, although a few of those were from following England as well as Southend.

It also gives you a tally for the 92. Although this tally only incorporates current grounds. For example it has me at 69, as it doesn't include Wigan (Springfield Park), Cardiff (Ninian Park), Hull (Boothferry Cr.) or Chesterfield (Saltergate) as I have only visited the historic grounds. I know some circles would have the tally at 73. Also means I will drop down to 68 (excluding relegations from the league as well) next year as brighton will be moving to their new stadium. Needless to say my biggest gap was the Premiershite.

It also provides you with a map, and this expands across the world, so my map shows the likes of Moscow, Berlin etc as well as the numerous English grounds. But anyone whose seen games as far as Oz, or the US can include these as well. It also goes down to quite a low level, include essex Senior, so you really can tick off any ground you've seen a game played at.

It's a good way to kill 15 minutes at work anyway, so thought I'd share and help relieve the boredom.

Does it include Fiorentina

Yep they do i see, after visiting the site.

When you register, you are asked which team you support and Southend Manor is an option.

Last edited:
I went to Twerton Park ... and I survived. Funny how everyone local in the local all had big foreheads. :unsure:

41 of the 92 with Southend, not done much travelling this year one way and another, hopefully will do more next year.

I've been registered on this via Facebook for a while; definitely one of the more useful apps on there. I've done 90 of the grounds and of those 90, I have visited 44 following Southend.

I think Oxford and Reading are the only sides that I have seen at both their old and new homes.

Last edited:
Some stats from the best supported team bit, counting English leagues only ...

56th Southend United 544
72nd Leyton Orient 357
74th Colchester United 336

91st Dag and Red 117
92nd Accrington 47

I'm surprised Col Ewe are so high up really :COL U:

Colchester, Orient, Gillingham, Oxford, Cambridge, Luton, Lincoln, Mansfield, Chesterfield, Bradford, Brentford, Grimsby, Northampton, Southampton, West Brom, Nottingham Forrest, Barnsley, Swansea, Tottenham, Chelsea, Peterborough, Aldershot, Barnet, Yeovil, Charlton, Leeds, Brighton, MK Dons, Bristol Rovers, Bristol City, Swindon, Doncaster, Bournemouth, Rushden and Diamonds, West Ham.
35 League Grounds.

Millenium Stadium

Maldon, Dartford, Braintree,

39 Grounds I have seen them play. 40 Including Roots Hall.

Bermuda is the winner I think, although Dartford comes close at the start of this season! :smiles:

Colchester, Clacton, Peterborough, Derby, Mansfield, Swindon, Crystal Palace, Millwall, West Ham, Brentford, Gillingham, Aldershot, Brighton, Queens Park Rangers, Watford, Charlton.
It's now with great regret that I didn't get to more grounds, as I don't suppose that I shall be adding much to that list. Each of those matches is an experience, indelibly printed on my mind.............even the bad ones. The trips to Colchester, Swindon, Brentford and Crystal Palace were perticularly sweet.

46 in total, which included old Trafford for an England game, plus Arsenal, tottenham and west ham for non Southend games, although I did include Charlton for when they played at West Ham

Back