• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How many more times will Gerrard escape a charge?

EastStandBlue

Life President
So, fresh from being let off swearing (albeit pretty nonchalantly) last week, Gerrard "appears" to have elbowed Michael Brown in the head last night during the Liverpool Pompey game.

Having seen the footage now, Gerrard doesn't "appear" to do it, he does. He purposefully rams his elbow into the back of Brown's head while running toward the box.

Gerrard's gone down massively in my estimation this season. With the club crumbling around him, Liverpool needed him to step up to plate, drive the club forward from the midfield and lead by example. All I've seen of him have been average-at-best performances, temper tantrums and the odd moment of weak knees around the 18 yard box.

I can't stand Gerrard.

Yes, he is a fantastic player for Liverpool, but I couldn't care less about that. He continues to let England down, but lives of the reputation of his Club career (To be fair, there have been a few of them over the years).

He continues to pull out of International friendlies with "injury" only to make a recovery for the weekend for Liverpool. Perhaps Beckham needs to head to see the Liverpool physio...

He is given a role on the left hand side of midfield for England. Now, its not his normal position, but its the same case with Moussa at Southend playing wide left, and Lampard having to sit and hold alongside Barry for England. There was countless times when Barry and Lampard where closer to the left touchline then Gerrard, and Gerrard was playing out there. He doesn't have the discipline to play there. Lampard does as a holding midfielder alongside Barry. He has to reign himself in, and does what he is told but Gerrard doesn't.

In my eyes, Capello likes to play a midfield like this.

Barry Lampard

Gerrard Rooney Lennon

Then Heskey up top. Now, for Liverpool he plays in the whole behind Torres, which has to be one of the easiest positions to play. He does it well for Liverpool. I'd much prefer Rooney in that role for England, so perhaps Gerrard has to drop in for Lampard, or be dropped entirely.

This season, with his swearing, assults and diving which he continues to get away with, I didn't think my opinion could get any lower. It has now.

I can't stand Gerrard.

Yes, he is a fantastic player for Liverpool, but I couldn't care less about that. He continues to let England down, but lives of the reputation of his Club career (To be fair, there have been a few of them over the years).

He continues to pull out of International friendlies with "injury" only to make a recovery for the weekend for Liverpool. Perhaps Beckham needs to head to see the Liverpool physio...

He is given a role on the left hand side of midfield for England. Now, its not his normal position, but its the same case with Moussa at Southend playing wide left, and Lampard having to sit and hold alongside Barry for England. There was countless times when Barry and Lampard where closer to the left touchline then Gerrard, and Gerrard was playing out there. He doesn't have the discipline to play there. Lampard does as a holding midfielder alongside Barry. He has to reign himself in, and does what he is told but Gerrard doesn't.

In my eyes, Capello likes to play a midfield like this.

Barry Lampard

Gerrard Rooney Lennon

Then Heskey up top. Now, for Liverpool he plays in the whole behind Torres, which has to be one of the easiest positions to play. He does it well for Liverpool. I'd much prefer Rooney in that role for England, so perhaps Gerrard has to drop in for Lampard, or be dropped entirely.

This season, with his swearing, assults and diving which he continues to get away with, I didn't think my opinion could get any lower. It has now.

:clap: couldn't have said it better myself.

Back