• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How many of our players are league one standard

wonder how many we can get rid of in new year. Some of the players will have binding contracts and the club will have to keep them. just a thought.

With Burton postponed we will have had nearly 3 weeks without a league match. Hopefully we can treat it as a mini pre season to get the players fit, maybe then we will see how much we are in trouble or whether the players are actually better than they have been showing so far.

I’ve changed my mind they can all **** off!

3 managers who have been in and around football at the highest domestic level and above can’t get a tune out of this group .
Is this the fact they don’t know what they are doing or that the players are not up to standard - I know what option I favour

There clearly is a problem with the squad as most of the players are under performing for the third manager running.

There are rumours of a split in the camp with certain players having to much power and others wanting to leave before the season started.

My biggest problem is the type of player's we have been signing. The last two managers have tried to get in ball playing midfielders and defenders and Bond wanted us playing out from the back. We need to remember what level we are playing at, do the hard work first and then you can earn the right to play. Who was the last commanding center half we had? Bolger? We have lost three combative midfielders in recent years and not replaced them either. The other big problem is we lack pace in attack and teams can sit on the half way line knowing that nobody is going to trouble them whereas we have to sit so deep. The other big problem is fitness, impact injuries are part of the game but Brown's first season was the last time we were fit as a team.

Maldon do have decent talent as they beat Orient, especially their number 7 & 10, if both are young & under 25, Sol should go and get them in! Cannot be worst than what we have!

None on that showing. Worst opponents I've seen Dover play this season and I've seen every game. Feel for you and Sol.

Need to clear the decks. The last time we were in this position Ron dealt with it by not paying anyone so they all left. Might not be a bad tactic to use again?Can someone remind me which of this bunch are out of contract at the season end?

None on that showing. Worst opponents I've seen Dover play this season and I've seen every game. Feel for you and Sol.

This says it all. We're poorer than sides bottom of the conference.

Fair play to Dover, deserved their win and wish them all the best for the rest of the competition.

We know. We are shocking. Our fans have been well and truly mugged off again today.

Beaten by an average but plucky Dover side.

Hope they make the 3rd round and get a great draw.

We have been patient as fans. The last 18 months has been completely unacceptable from the majority of players, individually and collectively. With only a few exceptions they deserve every bit of stick they get. Offload as many in January (without screwing ourselves financially) as possible and the remainder in summer. Play the youngsters and Hopper if he's still around. Sol and team to be given complete immunity until League 2 next season

We have been patient as fans. The last 18 months has been completely unacceptable from the majority of players, individually and collectively. With only a few exceptions they deserve every bit of stick they get. Offload as many in January (without screwing ourselves financially) as possible and the remainder in summer. Play the youngsters and Hopper if he's still around. Sol and team to be given complete immunity until League 2 next season

Absolutely this. I don't care anymore, we can lose every match from hereon in. The season is done. Complete clear out and lt Sol build his own team. As long as SC doesn't leave.

We didn't look like a L1 team in the slightest. I bet Macclesfield were in better shape when Sol took them over.
I was thinking that during the game...I wonder how rubbish Macclesfield were. Campbell probably thought he’d be able to get into this lot straight away .. his touch line behaviour today to me, indicated his sudden realisation he’s flogging a dead horse and as long as the fans realise that .. I think they do ..

Agree with those who say Campbell should get immunity and time to build his own team. there’s 28 games to go though. If he doesn’t change the form he won’t last till the end of the season.

No matter how much of a rebuild we need we can’t have a manager in place that has a zero wins to his name come ten games in .

If Ron is thinking for next year in league 2 then tell the fans and we can kind of except the fact , but if he really things we are too good to go down then he must feel Campbell hasn’t the tools to get these playing .

This current squad is average mid table league two at best!!! None of these players would get into any first 11 for the championship !!! And on this leavuebthats what you need. About 5-6 players that could get into a championship first team, 5-6 experienced players at this current level and know the league inside out and 5-6 players with huge potential that can push on !!! We have that now if we was in non league lol!

Back