• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
So we are in line for a play off spot.

How many points do we need with 7 games to go?

We are on 63 points and I would say that possibly 73 points will see us get a top 6 spot.

10 points from 7 is more than achievable

I understand the question but never like the setting of points targets. If I was manager - the only target is to finish above every other club we possibly can. Each game, every time - go out to win. The points take care of themselves.

I understand the question but never like the setting of points targets. If I was manager - the only target is to finish above every other club we possibly can. Each game, every time - go out to win. The points take care of themselves.

I think where relegation is a possibility, it's a comfort thing. 55 points and you think "We won't go down now!".
At the top, it's different, as you imply, because you expect teams to win quite a lot more than those at the bottom (That doesn't read very well But I know what I mean).

We are on 63 points and I would say that possibly 73 points will see us get a top 6 spot.

Two weeks ago you didn't think we was strong enough. Make your mind up.

I think we should be aiming for at least another 22 points, and I'll be calling for PB to be sacked if we don't manage it.

75 points should do it IMO.

2010 - 2011 - 6th place = 71
2011 - 2012 - 6th place = 73
2012 - 2013 - 6th place = 74
2013 - 2014 - 6th place = 74
2014 - 2015 - 6th place = 69
2015 - 2016 - 6th place = 74

2016 - 2017 - 6th place = ? - Mode = 74, Median = 74 Mean = 72.5

I would think 75 points would be a good target, we've been in the "this many points would have got us promoted in the past x seasons" situation before, so I wouldn't want to be found wanting.

That is 12 points from a possible 21.

vs 18th place HOME
vs 2nd place HOME
vs 16th place AWAY
vs 23rd place AWAY
vs 15th place HOME
vs 20th place AWAY
vs 17th place HOME

The worry is that apart from 2nd placed Bolton, the rest could be battling for their League One lives when we come to play them. 15th place is currently only 6 points clear of the drop zone.

Going to have to battle incredibly hard in every single game for those 10-12 points. If we're not right mentally, we will lose.

Well for a start Oldham wont be a walk over. Theyve done really well under Sheridan recently and drew with Sheff Utd Saturday. Anyone who thinks we simply need to turn up and get three points might be in for a shock. For the record i think we will win but expect it to be a lot harder than saturday

2010 - 2011 - 6th place = 71
2011 - 2012 - 6th place = 73
2012 - 2013 - 6th place = 74
2013 - 2014 - 6th place = 74
2014 - 2015 - 6th place = 69
2015 - 2016 - 6th place = 74

2016 - 2017 - 6th place = ? - Mode = 74, Median = 74 Mean = 72.5

I would think 75 points would be a good target, we've been in the "this many points would have got us promoted in the past x seasons" situation before, so I wouldn't want to be found wanting.

That is 12 points from a possible 21.

9 points now needed in my opinion, which is 3 wins from the remaining 6 (for those no good with maths).

vs 2nd place HOME
vs 16th place AWAY
vs 23rd place AWAY
vs 14th place HOME
vs 21st place AWAY
vs 17th place HOME

I think we can be reasonably confident of making the play offs looking at the other run-ins, not to mention the inexplicable capitulation of Scunthorpe. What now concerns me is Millwall joining us. I was saying at the game yesterday that I didn't really fear Scunthorpe, Bradford or even Fleetwood. Millwall are a concern though, I just can't see us getting past them.

9 points now needed in my opinion, which is 3 wins from the remaining 6 (for those no good with maths).

vs 2nd place HOME
vs 16th place AWAY
vs 23rd place AWAY
vs 14th place HOME
vs 21st place AWAY
vs 17th place HOME

I think we can be reasonably confident of making the play offs looking at the other run-ins, not to mention the inexplicable capitulation of Scunthorpe. What now concerns me is Millwall joining us. I was saying at the game yesterday that I didn't really fear Scunthorpe, Bradford or even Fleetwood. Millwall are a concern though, I just can't see us getting past them.

Possibly but I'm hoping millwall will slip up again tomorrow night. 6 point gap is huge with just a couple of games to play.

Things looking pretty desperate after the last two games. We now need to find 3 wins out of 4 against sides playing for their lives. With injuries, suspensions etc, it could be a bridge too far I feel:

vs 23rd place AWAY (DLLDW)
vs 12th place HOME (WDWWD)
vs 19th place AWAY (LLLLW)
vs 18th place HOME (WDDLL)

We should have a pretty good idea come Easter Monday at 5PM.

Millwall have to go to Fleetwood Town and Bristol Rovers.

All is not lost. Especially if we can win on Friday and put that first fixture, above, firmly into a pressure match for them on Easter Monday.

Both Chesterfield and Shrewsbury won today. I think we'll do well to get two points from those two away fixtures. I do think that we'll beat both MK Dons and Bury at home though. So, will 8 points giving us a total of 74 be enough.....?

Now that Scunthorpe have started winning it's really only Millwall that we can overhaul to scrape into the play-offs. Millwall should beat both Oxford and Northampton at home, but they may well strugle to get anything from their away fixtures at Fleetwood and Bristol. So they'll gain 6 points giving them a total of 73.

Back