• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How many times must Macca's bad temper cost up points.

DTS

The Business
First off I want to say that I love Macca as a player. I cant question his dedication to the cause and I love his fighting spirit. I accept that that fighting spirit can sometimes boil over but.....

How many times must the bloke get pointless bookings and in the case of saturday pointless sendings offs. The game turned on its head as soon as we lost him to one of the most notorious wind up merchants in the lower leagues.

So many times last seaosn it looked like we were turning the corner only for us to loose Macca in the middle of the park. Its beyond a joke now and I think he needs to have a long hard look at himself. He is a fantastic player but the bloke is (like Foran) too hot headed and has costs us too many times now. Tilly needs to have a cold hard word with the bloke.

:cry:

I actually think he was unlucky. Yes he was getting wound up but I thought at the time (and even more so after seeing it on TV) that he didn't do anything to deserve the second booking. They guy dived, plain an simple. I also thought his first booking was harsh.

Agree Dave, he is going to come across lots of players like Thornton who are canny and know Macca has a short fuse. But he will learn if Bailey or Moussa come in and take his place. The old argument of "thats what gives him an edge etc" was trundled out for players like Roy Keane but Roy Keane was a world class player, Macca isnt. What annoys me most about him and Maher is their inability to shut up, every challenge or foul theyre barking at the opponent.

Looking at the wider picture Im not sure that Maher and Macca is a great partnership, too similar and neither of them really gets in the box when we are attacking.

Well I was disgusted at him and it really annoyed people clapped him off as some kind of hero.

I thought both bookings were right at the time and thought he was right to go. He was adamant he didnt touch him but I couldnt face the replays so cant comment.

Either way with a player like Thornton on the pitch and on a yellow card I was fearful for both Maher and McCormack.

Personally think he is a superb player but we cant afford to have red cards. If we cant guarantee he wont get sent off then maybe he needs to be subbed when on a yellow.

I thought both bookings were right at the time and thought he was right to go. He was adamant he didnt touch him but I couldnt face the replays so cant comment.

Try and watch it again if you get the chance. He didn't make any kind of contact to justify that "shot by a sniper" act that Blondie pulled. I'll bet my mortgage on that (Dave take note! :D )

He needs to learn that whoever we're playing will target him knowing they can easily get a rise out of him and move to get him cautioned and sent off. A bit like Rooney, I think if you moved to surpress him he wouldn't be the player he is, but that doesn't mean he can't learn to keep his mouth shut and to stray away from f*ckwits like Sean Thornton.

Referees love to go up against players who have notorious reputations(Robbie Savage as an example).

Quite often these players tend to get harsher punishment for a normal tackle than others would because the ref is looking prove a point & show who's boss, we all know how fickle they can be.

I just hope that McCormack doesn't get himself a reputation & becomes a target...

Luckily he only misses out of the CHeltenham game which he may not have played in anyway

Silver lining is that Macca doesn't miss a league game & it gives us the chance to try out one of the others in the CM.

Bailey anyone?

I agree that his second booking was harsh, especially seeing it again.

But he should never have been in that position in the first place. He had already been booked so it was obvious he was going to go at some point. He made two awful tackles in the first half and was throwing his weight around all over the place.

The way to deal with players like Thornton is not to rise to their antics- McCormack did, and got sent off. He let his team mates down i'm afraid and i'm getting fed up with him getting booked EVERY SINGLE GAME!!!

Have a word Tilly.

at least it has forced tillys hand but i wouldn't change a thing about macca, think about the drive and determination he showed last season.. i wouldn't force him to hold back.

think about scholes, arguable the best english midfielder in the last 10 years and how many times he gets stupid sendings off and bookings like against roma in the CL. like macca he plays on the edge and every now and again he loses it but he wouldn't be the player he is if he was a pussycat like lampard

I think i would play moussa and bailey in the middle on Tuesday, give maher a rest and give the moose some first team action

The ref was conned by Thornton big time, players always need to put in tackles but if cheats will roll around on the floor when no contact has been made, gullible refs will always send players off..

What is more worrying is of all the players Tilson has brought in, we only played Gilbert. All were subs or not even in the squad. So we basically started with the same 11 that finished last season, apart from a couple who couldn't get in the team last season! My idea of bringing new players in is to strenghten the team and to play them!!!

but also i think tilly wants to give the experienced players a chance to get rid of that losing mentality

I dont condone maccas sending off on saturday as I think having been booked he should have been a bit more *how do say it* SAVVY, but I still think that even if he was still on the pitch, I just didnt see us scoring anyway especially with Hooper and the headless chicken Harrold on the pitch.I am not a Bradbury fan as I dont think he has got that sniff for goals but last weeks (hands up) against chelmsford he was probably the oldest man on the field and my M.O.M.
Surely he offers more than Harrold? D.T.S post after the Crawley said we need another striker and its true. I would go the whole hog, offload paynter, and harrold,admit he made a mistake and spend at least £500.000 of the Freddie money and buy a descent centre forward.

Back