• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How much did the Doncaster team cost ?

CC51DAS

President
Anyone - maybe one of you Donny fans - know ?

I wonder how it compares with our squad

I think our was (change if wrong) -

Flavs - Free
Franny - 150k
Clarke - 200k
Barrett - free
Mulgrew - free (loan)
Moussa - free
Macca - 30k
Bailey - 175k
Gower - 25k
Barney - 35k
Walker - Free (loan)

Total - £615,000 (not bad for L1 side!)

Sullivan - free
O'Connor - £130k
Mills (loan)
Hird - free
Roberts (?)
Green (Youth team)
Stock - £150k
Wellens - free
Coppinger - free
Price - free
Hayter - £200k

Total - £480k (although Soccerbase doesn't make it clear if they paid anything for Gareth Roberts when he signed from Tranmere or not). I'd have thought that their wage bill was higher than ours those.

Sullivan - free
O'Connor - £130k
Mills (loan)
Hird - free
Roberts (?)
Green (Youth team)
Stock - £150k
Wellens - free
Coppinger - free
Price - free
Hayter - £200k

Total - £480k (although Soccerbase doesn't make it clear if they paid anything for Gareth Roberts when he signed from Tranmere or not). I'd have thought that their wage bill was higher than ours those.

And that's the key point and what we have to deal with every season. We don't have a muti millionaire chairman, and nor do we have, thanks heavens, a chairman who will gamble with the club's financial future.

Wellens turned down an improved contract from Oldham for Doncaster so I think the key is wages rather than transfers although I found 5 players on WIKI who they paid money for. Heffernan cost £125.000. And the chairman pumped in at least 3 milion whern they went down to the conference. They ain't poor and neither are Peterborough and MK ****ing franchise who are coming up. We're richer than some but definitely poorer than others and won't be trying to buy our way out of ther league with money we haven't got. This is the challenge Tilly accepts every season.

I think our was (change if wrong) -

Flavs - Free
Franny - 150k
Clarke - 200k
Barrett - free
Mulgrew - free (loan)
Moussa - free
Macca - 30k
Bailey - 175k
Gower - 25k
Barney - 35k
Walker - Free (loan)

Total - £615,000 (not bad for L1 side!)

I guess we should also take Revell into account . He was £150,000 ?

Sullivan - free
O'Connor - £130k
Mills (loan)
Hird - free
Roberts (?)
Green (Youth team)
Stock - £150k
Wellens - free
Coppinger - free
Price - free
Hayter - £200k

Coppinger cost them 100k I believe.

I guess we should also take Revell into account . He was £150,000 ?

should also probably take into account the waste of money alot of our other signings have been aswell.

And i also believe clarke was £250,000.

From the newsbank I've found on a Rovers website looking at the fees quoted when all were signed it is this.

Sullivan - Free
O Connor - 130k
Roberts - Free
Hird - Free
Mills - Loan
Green -Youth
Wellens - Free
Stock - 150k
Price - 50k
Coppinger - 55k
Hayter - 200k

Subs
Lee (didn't play) 50k
Smith (didn't play) Free
Guy -Free
Mccammon - Free
Taylor - Free

We're good with our transfer fees. Total wage bill is 3.2M for the whole squad, coaches etc. I was staggered at that until I found a fair few in this league are actually higher than that. Most of the chairman's money was spent on the infrastructure not the squad.

i thought clarke was 300k. after some of his performances this year, it was well worth the money.
From the pdf that Ron sent out in Dec 2007, based on the players from Friday

Clarke - £250k to Blackpool & £50k to Everton
Francis - £100k to Sheffield Utd plus contingency payments of £150k
Liptak - £50k to Lombard Kft plus contingency payments of £90k (passing English GCSE?)
Bailey - £175k to Barnet plus £290k contingency payments (includes promotion to Premier****e)
McCormack - £30k to Preston

Back