• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

buffalowolf

Director
How much do you think the events of this month may have influenced RM and PB on transfer targets.Its been a bad month when you think about it first the Ranger ban ,followed by the injury to McLaughlin,then the loss to Sheff Utd and the cancelled game against Bolton and the last minute equaliser for Fleetwood.I got to thinking that if we had beaten Sheff utd ,Fleetwood and Bolton and been injury free and no Ranger Ban that RM and PB would have gone all out big time to secure what players they thought would get us promoted this season, now im off the opinion that they are happy to see out this season and finish in a respectable position ,knowing we have now the nucleus off a real squad capable of making a real big challenge next season for promotion with the addition of a few more players off season. Also it gives Smith and Oxley and other youths time time gain more experience, the slow start to our season also didnt help much.I myself am happy for that to happen as i dont think as yet we are strong enough to hold our own in the championship.What do you supporters think.

I think it's inevitable that Ranger's fall from grace will lessen the chairman's trust in the manager's judgement. Where we might previously have signed a player with question marks (see also Inniss) the chairman will now be that much more likely to question the manager's decision to sign a player with such flags. After some of Tilly's underwhelming transfers (Revell?) Ron made a big thing about how the club go through their due diligence. Expect this to be revived.

I think it's inevitable that Ranger's fall from grace will lessen the chairman's trust in the manager's judgement. Where we might previously have signed a player with question marks (see also Inniss) the chairman will now be that much more likely to question the manager's decision to sign a player with such flags. After some of Tilly's underwhelming transfers (Revell?) Ron made a big thing about how the club go through their due diligence. Expect this to be revived.

if only we had some kind of middleman like a football co-ordinator who could do these checks.

if only we had some kind of middleman like a football co-ordinator who could do these checks.

A CEO?

Maybe this will all be blamed on Steve Kavanagh as he's conveniently left. That might work for Inniss, but for Ranger it was known he was trouble and it will surely have been the manager who ultimately made the decision that he could achieve what countless managers before couldn't.

A CEO?

Maybe this will all be blamed on Steve Kavanagh as he's conveniently left. That might work for Inniss, but for Ranger it was known he was trouble and it will surely have been the manager who ultimately made the decision that he could achieve what countless managers before couldn't.

So what harm have Inniss or Ranger done to the club. If we didn't like what we have seen so far, then Inniss would be back at Palace

The events of this month are no more than usual for a lower league club. There is always some kind of nonsense going on. Welcome to the roller coaster that is The Blues. If it was easy we would all be running/managing a football club.

How much do you think the events of this month may have influenced RM and PB on transfer targets.Its been a bad month when you think about it first the Ranger ban ,followed by the injury to McLaughlin,then the loss to Sheff Utd and the cancelled game against Bolton and the last minute equaliser for Fleetwood.I got to thinking that if we had beaten Sheff utd ,Fleetwood and Bolton and been injury free and no Ranger Ban that RM and PB would have gone all out big time to secure what players they thought would get us promoted this season, now im off the opinion that they are happy to see out this season and finish in a respectable position ,knowing we have now the nucleus off a real squad capable of making a real big challenge next season for promotion with the addition of a few more players off season. Also it gives Smith and Oxley and other youths time time gain more experience, the slow start to our season also didnt help much.I myself am happy for that to happen as i dont think as yet we are strong enough to hold our own in the championship.What do you supporters think.

That's certainly an interesting thought and something that could be quite right, or maybe not :'(

The events of this month are no more than usual for a lower league club. There is always some kind of nonsense going on. Welcome to the roller coaster that is The Blues. If it was easy we would all be running/managing a football club.

Really?! - so it's fairly common that clubs sack a member of the ground-staff after a match has been called off (given there has been no previous problems with the pitch for some time) And it's common to sign players that then appear in court and plead guilty to a criminal offence and then subsequently suspended under FA guidelines for what (is very likely) to be an unrelated matter? Add on an appearance to the courts to confirm that the tax bill was settled (late again)

Perhaps you have links to the various articles that cover this type of thing with a host of other league 1 or 2 clubs in the last month? (as you've said it's "no more than usual")

I think it's inevitable that Ranger's fall from grace will lessen the chairman's trust in the manager's judgement. Where we might previously have signed a player with question marks (see also Inniss) the chairman will now be that much more likely to question the manager's decision to sign a player with such flags.

I think the simple solution is for the club to drastically reduce the standards by which the club expects players to conduct themselves off the pitch.

Really?! - so it's fairly common that clubs sack a member of the ground-staff after a match has been called off (given there has been no previous problems with the pitch for some time) And it's common to sign players that then appear in court and plead guilty to a criminal offence and then subsequently suspended under FA guidelines for what (is very likely) to be an unrelated matter? Add on an appearance to the courts to confirm that the tax bill was settled (late again)

Perhaps you have links to the various articles that cover this type of thing with a host of other league 1 or 2 clubs in the last month? (as you've said it's "no more than usual")

All clubs have their own dramas.Whether its financial problems, player issues, dodgy chairmen, they all have their cross to bear.

All clubs have their own dramas.Whether its financial problems, player issues, dodgy chairmen, they all have their cross to bear.

I wouldn't dispute that but you said...."The events of this month are no more than usual for a lower league club." which I doubt many to accept as being true! SUFC made national press in respect of sacking the groundsmen and Ranger's court appearance - the court case for tax is "more common" and not unique (but equally not exactly standard practice for the majority of clubs) and the suspension of a player without an explanation isn't exactly frequent at other clubs is it?

The amount of negative press in a month isn't exactly standard issue and during the period of the transfer window when potential players ask around about clubs if they have no previous connections will more than likely show SUFC in a poorer light than many and unless the wages offered are significantly higher then it may well make a difference

Back