• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How much money are you saving?

None. Its costing me a lot of money.

HSBC could not have been more unhelpful and wanted to do some long winded assessment, whilst at the same time claiming it would not be in time to stop Aprils mortgage payment. I put the phone down and have cancelled the direct debit.

Because we're not going out the stop-off lattes have, well, stopped, so at two a day that's £25 a week.
Food wise, we are cooking far more fresh stuff and not buying pre-made dinners, so probably there is a saving there of £30 a week. A meal out maybe once a month, £70, so total for a month saved, around £200 max.

I spend £250-400 a month in fuel so saving an absolute fortune.

My sons little kickers is cancelled so that about £35 a month.

I’m furloughed and the company are topping me up to 100% pay and the wife has picked up extra hours at the Pharmacy as I’m at home.

We are better off but obviously saving as much of the extra as possible just incase I get made redundant.

On a philosophical note, do you think this will lead to a major economic shift or will people all go back to their "old" ways when the situation is eventually resolved?

On a philosophical note, do you think this will lead to a major economic shift or will people all go back to their "old" ways when the situation is eventually resolved?

Old ways Its what makes us happy, I enjoy my latte in the independent shop in London, whether it will be there when I get back is another thing

Saving £150 on petrol, as working from home

My wife is also at home most days, being a school teacher so we have so much more time to make proper dinners with proper ingredients, meaning saving a fair amount with not living off of convenience meals.

I have little doubt some employers are going to use the situation to push more onto zero hours contracts once business starts to recover.

Back