• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'd rather we don't go down the route of loans in all honesty. Can't stand short term solutions. Happy to sign someone with the view so stay however.

I'd rather we don't go down the route of loans in all honesty. Can't stand short term solutions. Happy to sign someone with the view so stay however.

I agree with this. We should be looking at loans at the moment because of the injury situation but in general they've not been hugely beneficial for the club.

I know what you mean, but sometimes you have to be a bit more pragmatic. We don't need someone for the long term because injuries will clear up. We don't want to sign someone full time just because we need them to cover over the next month or so because it is a waste of money.

This is exactly what the loan system should be used for. We're not trying to plug gaps in the squad long term, we're trying to do the same short term.

We ask for that type of striker every season and he never appears. Come back Wayne, just 10 years younger :Worthy:

Yes it would be nice to have him at his peak but instead of Wayne Gray. we may have to settle for Gray Wayne

Yes it would be nice to have him at his peak but instead of Wayne Gray. we may have to settle for Gray Wayne

Riggers any truth that Noel stubbed his toe and maybe out for another few weeks/months/years.

Riggers any truth that Noel stubbed his toe and maybe out for another few weeks/months/years.

Now now mrs, You no I won't reveal any secrets. How ever if I do hear that our Jason has got the nod I will PM you if you promise to contain your self. None of us would want you to miss that one would we.

I would love to see an Assombalonga type player on loan. With a view to a permanent, but we have to be realistic, and these type of players only come along once in a blue moon.

Someone on loan who is different to what we currently have up top, just to mix it up a bit, or to bring on if we are losing as sub would do. Maybe a premier league youngster who needs some game time.

Definitely need to sign more players - squad isn't big enough by half. Don't know how we're still solvent but am completely committed to increasing the wage bill until such time as we're not. Its just a computer game after all.

Brown has said last week that he was looking to bring in one or two on loan. No mention of budget issues there. Whilst the budget is key ,the question also posed here was very aware of that hence, raising one aspect of the discussion couched in terms of who would we let go to enable strengthening.
Brown now strangely states , that " no one is offering us anyone " who is any good, and that the only the wine dregs are left . That is odd to say the least, as div2 clubs are snapping up players at the rate of 8 a week currently , on loan or unattached. In the past 3 days alone 7 players, not hopeless ones have been signed. What exactly are our scouting staff doing at the moment and how is there performance assessed?
What is happening to l;l the tabbed players we are keeping an eye on? He has also just stated that the injury situation is getting worse.
As ever slug like , we havent responded, but continue to make weird excuses. Never mind Hunt will be back in a month maybe, then we will have 3 whole forwards?

Agreed,

I like Piggy but his lack of speed is obvious,Mooney for my money ain't the answer,Noel is excellent when he plays which is nowhere near the amount of games we need.The cupboard is bare.

Mooney is more than worth this place in a 2 up top and looked excellent in the few games he's had with Hunt. If we can get NH back fit it could potentially be the difference between a season of consolidation and a real tilt at getting into the play-offs. If you're talking about Mooney up front on his own then I agree he's not the answer, but that's hardly his fault as he clearly doesn't suit that system.

I would love to see an Assombalonga type player on loan. With a view to a permanent, but we have to be realistic, and these type of players only come along once in a blue moon.

Someone on loan who is different to what we currently have up top, just to mix it up a bit, or to bring on if we are losing as sub would do. Maybe a premier league youngster who needs some game time.

Wouldn't we all! :smile:

Brown has said last week that he was looking to bring in one or two on loan. No mention of budget issues there. Whilst the budget is key ,the question also posed here was very aware of that hence, raising one aspect of the discussion couched in terms of who would we let go to enable strengthening.
Brown now strangely states , that " no one is offering us anyone " who is any good, and that the only the wine dregs are left . That is odd to say the least, as div2 clubs are snapping up players at the rate of 8 a week currently , on loan or unattached. In the past 3 days alone 7 players, not hopeless ones have been signed. What exactly are our scouting staff doing at the moment and how is there performance assessed?
What is happening to l;l the tabbed players we are keeping an eye on? He has also just stated that the injury situation is getting worse.
As ever slug like , we havent responded, but continue to make weird excuses. Never mind Hunt will be back in a month maybe, then we will have 3 whole forwards?

Yawn. Why are you so negative towards to club? We are a comfortable mid-table position and have some solid players coming back from injury. Even with a seriously weakened side we managed a draw against one of the "big" teams and favorites in this league. Maybe Phil is quite happy given those that have busted a gut in training trying to win a place in the side a go and maybe premier league sides do not want to loan us players whilst Phil will not promise them a starting place.

Interested to see Gillingham sign striker Dominic Samual to keep their title hopes going. He scored 6 goals in 13 games on loan to Coventry last season but will now face them tomorrow. Obviously must be carp as apparently only rubbish is on offer currently according to our Phil Funded by sending out Williamson on loan, who played against us recently, Shows ambition?
Robert Martinez , quote today "As a coach you have a choice- you can be a coach who works on getting the ball and breaking teams down or you can be one who looks to keep a clean sheet, by being defensively perfect making sure you are well organised, but you dont want to see that football". " The trend is damaging, certainly in terms of player development. Critics argue it is " parasitic football", simple but reductive requiring hours of drilling.
Apparently Raneiris Leicester are best at it but mainly as they have allied it to a CLASS STRIKER ( Vardy )

Back