• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Just wondering what people's thoughts are on how much we are likely to receive for these two.

I'm guessing our wage bill is between 1.5 and 2 million per season.

I'm thinking between 300-500k for Bentley and between 100k -250k for Payne.

Would guess 500-600k for Bentley and 250-300k for Payne.

I don't think we'll get anywhere near £200k for Payney, i'm afraid. He's only had one full season of professional football

Given the QPR bid we turned down at £1.2m helps I suspect it won't be far short of that in total although sadly the tribunal tends to like complexity (no doubt to justify there fees) to the detriment of the selling club. So probably something like £750k plus £300k based on appearances 20% sell on

Jack probably £150k plus £150k based on appearances and 20% sell on

Really difficult to tell. I think it in some great degree will depend on the buying club. If a Premiership club is buying then by implication the player is at or potentially at that standard and the fee rises.

Of course may not get to tribunal.

Could be nothing if either went to Scotland or abroad. There is still that possibility...

Not very much up front. There will be lots of additional payments if various conditions are met.

200-300k for Bentley plus a bunch of add ons, probably about 20k (if that) for Payne with add ons. As I understand it tribunals don't give you much upfront, it's only if the players do well at their new clubs do we see much money.

200-300k for Bentley plus a bunch of add ons, probably about 20k (if that) for Payne with add ons. As I understand it tribunals don't give you much upfront, it's only if the players do well at their new clubs do we see much money.

Which no doubt is why Liverpool have to shell out £8m for Ings.
You can expect probably less up front through tribunal but more later, but remember many ordinary transfers have a payment schedule rather than 100% up front.

Has hyper inflation hit the zone? Payne, young and raw talent, but physically behind the curve. Got the potential to play higher but his agent is going to have to do some persuasive talking. I'll be amazed if we get more than 40 up front. Bentley, massive contribution to last season's success and the play off final brought more attention. I wouldn't say he has progressed this season. I can understand our decision to hold onto him for a year but again 250-300 up front. Where is the flood of interest for either apart from rumour?

What's my prize by the way?

After this season I think we will see between 3-400k for Dan and probably between 50-100k for jack. Dans not had the best season although his had a shaky defence Infront of him. Jack needed to show what he has done for the last half of the season over 2 seasons for his to be anything worth shouting about.

After this season I think we will see between 3-400k for Dan and probably between 50-100k for jack. Dans not had the best season although his had a shaky defence Infront of him. Jack needed to show what he has done for the last half of the season over 2 seasons for his to be anything worth shouting about.

It's not about how they have played this season, here's a link to an article about how they will decide upon the figure: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/10/transfer-tribunal-danny-ings-liverpool-burnley

Here's an extract from the article which explains the factors taken into consideration:

Once assembled, the PFCC has a set list of factors to consider, mostly involving costs. First of all the status of the two clubs (transferor and transferee) is taken into account, then the age of the player. The terms on which the player was engaged by the transferor are examined, as is the amount of any fee paid upon registration, and the length of time the player was at the club.

The terms of the new contracts offered to the player by each club are considered, then the player’s playing record is looked at, in terms of first-team appearances and international call-ups. Finally, interest shown by any other clubs is taken into account.

Predicting how much we'll get for these two is far more difficult than predicting how people on here will react to the tribunal's decisions.

Does it really matter ?

If Ron/club get 250k,1 mill or 5 mill...hardly any will be used on the budget,next season we will be doing the usual get some loan guys in who if they do well will be off double quick time,if they are average then they will have plenty of pitch time.

£500k tops for Bentley - maybe with a few sell-on clauses etc.

No more than £60k for Jack Payne

How these things work.

Pretty much spot on I'd say sadly. I hope the tribunal includes a sell-on % for Payne but I won't hold my breath. It's the only way we'd get any money for JP.

We should have sold Bentley to QPR, I bet Ron and Phil are regretting that decision now.

Back