• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How much would you be willing to pay...

C C Csiders

Life President
On the journey to spiritual enlightenment (via the
Would you be willing to pay £5, £10, £20, £50, or more to see the Shrimpers to victory tomorrow.

My advice would be to calculate the amount you would be willing to forego for a victory (a night's beer money, for example, or that money for a new pair of shoes you put aside). Then go to William Hill and put that amount on Swansea to win at 11/5.

Then, if we win you have paid that amount you would be willing to forego. If its a draw we are still top of the league, so que sera. If we lose, then you go to WH and withdraw your insurance money.

For the record I have £40 on the Swans at 11/5. I am willing to pay that amount to see us beat them - if Trundle does his diving tricks I collect £128.

I'd give up the balance of my PayPal account for a win - currently 100 pounds sterling.

I'm really poor so I can't afford this kind of thing.
down.gif

In theory I'd pay 50 quid or so though.

Just for fun tho, i would pay around 13 of my GBP for a win!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Nov. 11 2005,14:55)]I can't believe there are "fans" out there backing the other team!!
mad.gif
I was merely stating a better price ...

oops.gif
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Nov. 11 2005,15:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Nov. 11 2005,14:55)]I can't believe there are "fans" out there backing the other team!!  
mad.gif
You miss the point. It's insurance against the unthinkable. I would be willing to lose my money to see my team win, just as I am willing to pay home insurance against my house burning down.
fishing.gif

laugh.gif
upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Nov. 11 2005,13:58)]Would you be willing to pay £5, £10, £20, £50, or more to see the Shrimpers to victory tomorrow.

My advice would be to calculate the amount you would be willing to forego for a victory (a night's beer money, for example, or that money for a new pair of shoes you put aside). Then go to William Hill and put that amount on Swansea to win at 11/5.

Then, if we win you have paid that amount you would be willing to forego. If its a draw we are still top of the league, so que sera. If we lose, then you go to WH and withdraw your insurance money.

For the record I have £40 on the Swans at 11/5. I am willing to pay that amount to see us beat them - if Trundle does his diving tricks I collect £128.
That is quite a good method. if i ws 18, i would put 30 quid on it but im only 15

[b said:
mad.gif
I cant agree more, OUTRAGEOUS

+ i have no money, i am a student

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Nov. 11 2005,14:45)]12/5 on Bet365 ...

cool.gif
Exactly. If you are going to do something like this, at least make sure you get best price! 12/5 also available with Stan James.

A tiny bit of 5/2 is available at Betfair.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper4life @ Nov. 11 2005,17:52)]That is quite a good method. if i ws 18, i would put 30 quid on it but im only 15
Stroll in to a betting shop. Look confident. Hopefully they won't ask your age! Always worked for me when I was 15
wink.gif

Back