• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How much?

• Nothing

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • £10

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • £25

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • £50

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • £75

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • £100

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • £200

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Over £200

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Bart/OBL/Abstain

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

chapperzUK

With the off season being a bit dull and looking around at other clubs' fans who have decide to raise funds to buy a player.

Grimsby wanted to raise £20k to help them achieve promotion and having smashed that are looking for £100k now. http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/GTFC

A couple of slightly unrealistic ones, don't see why anyone would give these money but oh well. Bolton fans have started one to try and buy Adam Le Fondre, targeting £500k (http://www.gofundme.com/zf787x4). Although it seems Macclesfield may have failed in their bid to sign Sterling, falling £49,999,420 short (http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/bring-raheem-to-macclesfield/).

So just a bit of fun, how much would you actually donate to see us sign a top, hungry, pacey, young striker? (Think I got all the criteria :winking:)

P.S. I don't want this to turn into a "I wouldn't trust Ron blah blah blah", let's just say hypothetically that a 3rd party will hold the funds with a written agreement the funds will be used for this sole purpose.

I think it's been done by our fans before in the dim and distant. I don't think it was a striker though, something In my memory thinks it might have been a goalkeeper? But it's my age you know!! I think they paid a fee , or might just have been wages.

they being sufsc I think

Not sure I would be able to donate without remembering that Richie Foran cost us £200k.

Wasn't he a Barry Fry purchase?
He also is happy to take the plaudits for signing Collymore.. Altho he didnt.
Was indeed a Fry buy, and turned out to be a fat useless lump. O how we could do with 400,000 now.

Wasn't he a Barry Fry purchase?
He also is happy to take the plaudits for signing Collymore.. Altho he didnt.

Fry take the plaudits for flogging him not buying him.

As for buying a striker we have paid 200k for Paynter and Walker in the past and not far from that for For an so no I wouldn't be putting money in too quickly !

Am I the only one who thought Gary Poole was a good player.... Hmmmmm Didn't he follow Fry to Birmingham and we got our money back? I could be wrong...
He went to Birmingham for 50,000, so no we never got our money back.

Thats a bit disappointing so far then, 50 of us would stomp up just about £2,300 . Wonder who we could bring in for that ? Not so bad though when you think the average pledge is about £46 each on here. All we need to do now is to get 5000 to stomp that up and we get £230,000.

Thats a bit disappointing so far then, 50 of us would stomp up just about £2,300 . Wonder who we could bring in for that ? Not so bad though when you think the average pledge is about £46 each on here. All we need to do now is to get 5000 to stomp that up and we get £230,000.

So you could afford James Walker, if you didnt bother with paying his wages.

Back