• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
On match day it's not uncommon to see baseball caps that are older than the invention of baseball caps worn by the more mature Southend supporter. I must be honest and say that I now don't have or wear anything of vintage status, but the reason for my ramblings is that yesterday I saw a guy wearing a Southend United quilted coat bearing the club crest on one side and Olympic Sports on the other. Now, I can't remember how long ago Olympic were our suppliers but I probably wasn't grey when they did.

So, how old is your match day kit then?

There is a bloke in the East Greens who has modeled his entire look on Bodie from The Professionals.

Luckily it is a look that never goes out of style.

After a little research we wore Olympic kit from 1996 - 1999 wearing these two beauties (If you're Ricey, that is) in the process.

southend_united_1996-1998.gif
southend_united_1998-1999.gif

That makes that guy's coat a good age!

I still have my Beaver tracksuit which I think I bought around 1992-93?, not something I wear every game but still do from time to time. This was purchased at the same time as the Beaver coat which I gave away to Big John Wilmot the Southend fan who came over from Australia about 3/4 years ago.
I still have my original blue/white scarf from 1962-63 which is in good condition and last worn at Roots Hall about 5 years ago.

i wont wear it now,but i still have hanging in my wall,my first Southend Scarf..just blue and white,with tassles!!with the old early -mid 60s cotten badge,bought ,i think from the South Bank shed.
I took it every game i went for years(away&home),i did-tried at the away games to rub the scarf either before or after the game on the side of the pitch,too bring us luck(i was 12,13,14).

I still have, and occasionally wear, a scarf I bought during the 1990/91 season. Safe to say it is looking a bit tired now.

My scarf is the old blue/yellow one from the SCP playing era and which I brought out after he was appointed as manager. The "lucky" scarf is now not so lucky after Saturday.

My scarf is the old blue/yellow one from the SCP playing era and which I brought out after he was appointed as manager. The "lucky" scarf is now not so lucky after Saturday.

I have that older scarf too, I’ve noticed that they are a lot longer than the new ones (to short)

I have that older scarf too, I’ve noticed that they are a lot longer than the new ones (to short)
I still have my Southend scarf that my mother knitted for me in 1969 ,I had my DMs from 71 that I said I wanted to be buryed with me up to about 4 years ago and my wife decided to have a clear out , still brings a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye when I think about my old boots .:sad:

I still have the replica shirt from my first game in 1983. Though I would have no chance of wearing it now.:sad:

One of my matchday shirts is the 'Betterview' one and I regularly wear my bikers leather jacket which I purchased from Guilwoods (sp) in Leigh during 1986.

Back