• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How safe do you feel in London?

Nowt wrong with South of the River. Places like Peckham and Lewisham are too filled to the brim with hipsters these days to be remotely frightening, unless of course you've a severe aversion to spray-on denim and ill-judged facial hair.

The no-go areas seem to be more concentrated in the east than they are in south now.

If you are talking of the main road or High Street you may be O.K. because more people about and lots of CCTV. But there is no way you would walk alone down the side streets and into one of the estates after 9pm. Brixton, Hackney, Mitcham, Tottenham, Edmonton, Stockwell, Croydon, Harlesden, Sheperd's Bush, Park Royal, to name a few.

If you are talking of the main road or High Street you may be O.K. because more people about and lots of CCTV. But there is no way you would walk alone down the side streets and into one of the estates after 9pm. Brixton, Hackney, Mitcham, Tottenham, Edmonton, Stockwell, Croydon, Harlesden, Sheperd's Bush, Park Royal, to name a few.

I generally avoid estates as I invariably get lost in them, but have walked home through the side streets of Hackney on many an occasion.

Others are too far away to walk back from at night.

my mate works for the gun squad in London, and im often told of what they are up to before it hits the news. For example, I was aware ofthe attempt on the Queen on Rememberance Sunday, and the kidnap of a policeman to be executed in public all which come to light weeks after I was made aware of them.
One thing you never hear in the news is what happens to these terrorists. Answer, body bags

my mate works for the gun squad in London, and im often told of what they are up to before it hits the news. For example, I was aware ofthe attempt on the Queen on Rememberance Sunday, and the kidnap of a policeman to be executed in public all which come to light weeks after I was made aware of them.
One thing you never hear in the news is what happens to these terrorists. Answer, body bags

wow will defo believe u and your mate there tells you what is probably secret information and then how they kill all the terroist okay mate

Live and work in London.

Feel far safer in London than in Southend High St or Lucy Rd after dark!

make you right there, Southend after dark is a bit dodgy nowadays, always seems to be a bit of an atmosphere..., daytime in the high street isn't much better after 11am.. Generally slip into Waterstones as the knuckle scrapers are scared of books :smile:

Never had a problem in London in 16 years working up there in the 80's and 90's though

Does he play golf with Steve Tilson too?

most of london's alright, tho i dunno why, but i hate walking round east london, it just feels dangerous to me :unsure:

Back