• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Nov. 29 2006,11:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 29 2006,11:11)]so you don't mind seeing us relegated? your not panicking about the fact that if we get releagated we will lose key members of our squad?
All of us will be disappointed to be relegated however when you weight up with what Tilly has achieved, and how difficult it was going to be to stay up then calling for him to leave and having the upheaval of getting someone else in isnt the answer.

If we get relegated we would lose key members ?

Theres so many posts on here saying how our players arent good enough for this level who are we actually worried about losing ?
name me 3 out of those 11 players that start each week, who are not good enough for this level?
Because we are a championship side.. hell, a championship winning side.. the team we have is fanatastic, and very well balanced..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Nov. 29 2006,11:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ Nov. 29 2006,11:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper_sam @ Nov. 29 2006,10:36)]Now its pure and simply - Tilson is a legend but he is punching above his own wieght here.  
Risible comment. The guy is clearly a good manager, he has just never managed at this level before. The only way he will become a better manager is if he gets the chance to manage at a level where he is challenged. He is being challenged because the squad is not good enough. The squad is not good enough because there has been insufficient funds to strengthen it to a standard where it is comparable to other squads in this division (500k is f%ck-all before you start). The infrastructure of the club both on and off the pitch is not currently ameanble to Championship football, and no manager is going to be able to effect a drastic turnaround.

So it leaves you with a choice:

1. sack your young, highly-rated manager, bring someone else in, cause upheaval and still probably get relegated.

or

2. Don't sack your young, highly-rated manager, keep some continuity at the club (the only proven long-term solution to an ailing side*) and probably get relegated but give yourselves the best chance of bouncing straight back.

J_S

*Ailing side? Ailing club? How many other clubs do you know with two promotions in two years and a new state-of-the-art stadium on the way?
Its takes an Orient fan to talk sense - What is this world coming too.....
wow.gif
Oddly enough, that phrase gets used around here more often than you'd think
wink.gif

[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 29 2006,11:11)]so you don't mind seeing us relegated? your not panicking about the fact that if we get releagated we will lose key members of our squad?
All of us will be disappointed to be relegated however when you weight up with what Tilly has achieved, and how difficult it was going to be to stay up then calling for him to leave and having the upheaval of getting someone else in isnt the answer.

Theres so many posts on here saying how our players arent good enough for this level who are we actually worried about losing ?
Personally i'd be worried about losing Efe Sodje as i understand his contract is only till the end of the season. Yes i know he is 34, but his fitness is top rate and i have heard from a mate of his that he wants to play on until at least 36. Trouble is we seem to only offer 1 year contracts to players around this age, and if we do this to Efe then just watch as another club comes in and offers one for 2 years and we end up waving good-bye to him.

Seventeen games without a win calls for a review, not exactly panic if Ron chooses to do something.

The duo seem to have gone stale,but in their defence we never know what's going on behind the scenes.

Is Brush picking and training the team as suggested by Shrimperian, a poster who normally knows what is going on?

Listening to the game sounded like we never had a shot and Freddy has turned a bit petulant.Subs were too late, some players hardly touched the ball.

If there is to be change ,it has to be done before the window opens, so cash canbe spent and players moved on and somehow the gap needs to be kept to six points from safety, and that means at least winning once or twice.

More than anything, I want this team to become more 'professional', like most of the teams we have seen in the CCC, especially those up the road.

With a few days to reflect, Maher and Gower were suckered in and Karl did untold damage beyond his wildest dreams.

Can anyone see a managerial merry go round on the horizon? Parky or Stimmo, would you take them, can you see Tilly at Orient in place of Ling ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 29 2006,11:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Nov. 29 2006,08:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 29 2006,08:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Nov. 29 2006,08:10)]Now is not the time to push the panic button.  
you make me sick..

when shall we push the panic button? please tell me? as i would be interested to know, where all this time is coming from where we are going to rise from the ashes so to speak.. the way i look at it, we are running out of time... FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The time to push the panic button is when we are near the bottom of league 2 and facing relegation to the conference.

And you make me laugh.
the feeling is most certainly mutual..

so you don't mind seeing us relegated? your not panicking about the fact that if we get releagated we will lose key members of our squad?
No, not at all. I don't want to be relegated, but I'm not panicking about it. I thought we went up too early anyway.

There isn't one member of our team that could not be improved upon in some way, and bearing in mind that most of the better ones came to us when we were in leagues 1 and 2, I see no reason why we couldn't get others again if we were back in league 1.

No-one is irreplacable.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 29 2006,11:29)]
[b said:
[b said:

name me 3 out of those 11 players that start each week, who are not good enough for this level?
Because we are a championship side.. hell, a championship winning side.. the team we have is fanatastic, and very well balanced..
You name 3 other than Freddy who would leave if we ended up in League one, bearing in mind few of them having higher experience.

Flahavan - no
Francis - no
Hammell - possibly
Prior - no
Barrett - no
Sodje - no
Gower - no
Maher - no
JCR - no
Harrold - no
Bradbury - no
Paynter - no
Clarke - no

Think we have a good basis for a league one side there, but would be shocked if many of them said they needed to leave.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Nov. 29 2006,11:42)]Can anyone see a managerial merry go round on the horizon? Parky or Stimmo, would you take them, can you see Tilly at Orient in place of Ling ?
No I dont see a change in management happening or being a good idea.

Phil Parkinson !?!??!

Er. No.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Nov. 29 2006,08:10)]Let's see.

We're struggling in the league - in no small way due to injuries and suspensions at key times.

But we are mainly playing teams that have proven pedigree and quality.

Yes, we're on a bad run and may well get a club record of successive games without a win.

But we also have reached the Q/F of the league cup (a positive record) and have achieved national recognition for beating Man Utd.

We are not being outplayed, thrashed or dominated (with a couple of exceptions)

But we are low on confidence and that plays a huge part. Performances generally are not too bad - it's the results that are.

Now is not the time to push the panic button. Those calling for a change in management need a reality check. It may well be that Tilly and Brush have taken the club as far as they can, but we don't know that yet. I said earlier in the season that I hoped Tilly wouldn't jump ship when we were on the first bad run under his leadership. I therefore trust that RM isn't going to get rid just yet for the same reason.

We need to work together on this and a touch of solidarity is what's needed. We are probably already perceived as an easy-ish game in the Championship - probably the only one for many teams. But we have one of the countries hottest talents in Freddy and one of the most respected and talented young managers in the land who has won "Manager of the Year" in leagues 1 and 2 over the last 2 seasons. Disposing of Tilly would make us a laughing stock, especially when you consider some of the chumps that are out there already. What manager would come here? Answer - one who was either unproven or who had already been sacked from somewhere else.

For Gods sake get real. We ARE probably punching above our weight at the moment but all is not lost. Granted, it's not looking good and we have a mountain to climb, but teamwork and hard work gives us the best chance of getting out of it, not panic and change.

My solution?

Sell Freddy early in January for as much as possible.

Bring in 2/3 championship quality players including a goalscoring midfielder.

Get behind the team at EVERY opportunity.

Pray.

But we do NOT need a change in management. That really is stupid.
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LETS ALL HOLD HANDS AND SKIP DOWN THE ROAD WHILE OUR SEASON GOES DOWN THE DRAIN BUT DON'T WORRY EVERYBODYS TO FAR UP TILSONS ARSE TO CARE!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Think we have a good basis for a league one side there, but would be shocked if many of them said they needed to leave.
No you just have proof that our side can't get into any team in the championship hence them not being good enough!

very gd thread. i can't even believe that i read a thread yesterday talking about sacking tilly. this is rubbish. everyone knows we weren't going to go straight into the championship and be in a the top 10. it takes time.

we need to stay up this season and then go on from there. be in this league for a few years and become an established champiosnhip side. i feel it may take a while to do that

but i know we can do it

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]very gd thread. i can't even believe that i read a thread yesterday talking about sacking tilly. this is rubbish. everyone knows we weren't going to go straight into the championship and be in a the top 10. it takes time.
Yes we knew that but we did not expect bottom with players who are not interested!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Nov. 29 2006,12:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Nov. 29 2006,08:10)]Let's see.

We're struggling in the league - in no small way due to injuries and suspensions at key times.

But we are mainly playing teams that have proven pedigree and quality.

Yes, we're on a bad run and may well get a club record of successive games without a win.

But we also have reached the Q/F of the league cup (a positive record) and have achieved national recognition for beating Man Utd.

We are not being outplayed, thrashed or dominated (with a couple of exceptions)

But we are low on confidence and that plays a huge part.  Performances generally are not too bad - it's the results that are.

Now is not the time to push the panic button.  Those calling for a change in management need a reality check.  It may well be that Tilly and Brush have taken the club as far as they can, but we don't know that yet.  I said earlier in the season that I hoped Tilly wouldn't jump ship when we were on the first bad run under his leadership.  I therefore trust that RM isn't going to get rid just yet for the same reason.

We need to work together on this and a touch of solidarity is what's needed.  We are probably already perceived as an easy-ish game in the Championship - probably the only one for many teams.  But we have one of the countries hottest talents in Freddy and one of the most respected and talented young managers in the land who has won "Manager of the Year" in leagues 1 and 2 over the last 2 seasons.  Disposing of Tilly would make us a laughing stock, especially when you consider some of the chumps that are out there already.  What manager would come here?  Answer - one who was either unproven or who had already been sacked from somewhere else.

For Gods sake get real.  We ARE probably punching above our weight at the moment but all is not lost.  Granted, it's not looking good and we have a mountain to climb, but teamwork and hard work gives us the best chance of getting out of it, not panic and change.

My solution?

Sell Freddy early in January for as much as possible.

Bring in 2/3 championship quality players including a goalscoring midfielder.

Get behind the team at EVERY opportunity.

Pray.

But we do NOT need a change in management.  That really is stupid.
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LETS ALL HOLD HANDS AND SKIP DOWN THE ROAD WHILE OUR SEASON GOES DOWN THE DRAIN BUT DON'T WORRY EVERYBODYS TO FAR UP TILSONS ARSE TO CARE!  
love.gif

love.gif

love.gif
First person to answer fbm's question in the thread title, TB. Good stuff.
smile.gif

Back