• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How the mighty fall, Coventry to play at Northamptons ground?

My point was the new stadium was meant to herald the start of a new era for the club instead the stadium has actually killed the club by greedy money grabbers who only wanted to line their pockets.

Stockport never surprised me because they were always floundering season after season whilst Portsmouth overspent way beyond their means

Coventry wanted to make a massive stadium that would be good enough to host a major tournament, World Cup or Euros, but after relegation from the Premiership and financial struggles hit then they had to scale it down a lot.

The council owns the stadium and decided to charge a massive amount of rent.

I think Leicester's move could prove your point better. I think they got relegated from the Premiership in their first season there, when they got back they were relegated straight away and then a couple of seasons later spent their first ever season in the 3rd tier.

What a great turn out this morning for their protest.

BPCxUdhCQAA2FOS.jpg

Now, I thought our protests were bad! :hilarious:

Back