• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How to defend the undefendable

Typical that he who shouts the loudest must be a bit of a closet woofter themselves. I think the lady doth protest to much.

Last edited:
Turns out that pop eye the pope only stepped down to rid the church of all the corrupt scumbags running the church,respect for that but still loathing for all the peados he didnt shop.

There is a rumour the Pope resigned because a senior member of the clergy was about to be exposed as a Leyton Orient fan after being spotted in a Wetherspoons wearing a fake Lonsdale top.

An apology to the church and the people of Scotland, but no apology to the gay community who he vociferously criticised...

I hadn't thought about it but this bit from the end of a BBC article just makes the whole celibacy argument even more ridiculous!

"It's not an intrinsic belief in the Catholic Church, it's a law. When Anglicans want to convert to Catholicism they can keep their wives, which shows it isn't really a religious belief for priests to be celibate."

So, in effect there are the majority priests who are 'supposedly' celibat but if you convert it doesn't matter! :unsure:

I hadn't thought about it but this bit from the end of a BBC article just makes the whole celibacy argument even more ridiculous!

"It's not an intrinsic belief in the Catholic Church, it's a law. When Anglicans want to convert to Catholicism they can keep their wives, which shows it isn't really a religious belief for priests to be celibate."

So, in effect there are the majority priests who are 'supposedly' celibat but if you convert it doesn't matter! :unsure:

Yup a contentious issue! Also is just 'current trend'.

Married priests does raise some issues, but I believe I will see them in my life time.

Will we see any of the sick ****s in prison though?

Any priest, bishop or even cardinal who has broken the law, should be punished by law.

Child abuse must be punished most severely - whether it happens in the church, in other institutions, or in the home. All of it is a complete abuse of power.

However it is important to remember that Cardinal Keith's crime is seemingly sexual harassment of adults rather than child abuse. Obviously still wrong. Plus obviously his treatment of the homosexual community is an issue too.

I like the Atheist's wager:

You may live a good life without believing in a god, and a benevolent god exists, in which case you go to heaven: your gain is infinite.

But why would you want to go to heaven?

Heaven by definition is 'being with God'... I just can't understand why you would suddenly want to be with him for eternity?!

But why would you want to go to heaven?

Heaven by definition is 'being with God'... I just can't understand why you would suddenly want to be with him for eternity?!

Just because I don't necessarily believe in Him doesn't mean I don't want to hang out with Him.

Back