• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How to stop same day cancellation of matches

Holy Joe

Manager⭐⭐
So to stop positive Covid tests on match days causing cancellation of matches they're going to stop match day testing! Seems like a case of sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting lalalalalala. Don't test, don't find cases and those that would have tested positive if they'd taken a test will meanwhile spread the virus to team mates and other staff.

Can they do that?

That would contravene the rules set out by the government. Im sure that you if you have come into contact with someone with a positive covid test then you must do 7 days of lateral flow tests, Unless they are going to get around that rule by asking them to test after the match.

I think they need to do another round of rock, paper, scissors to get a better answer

Can they do that?

That would contravene the rules set out by the government. Im sure that you if you have come into contact with someone with a positive covid test then you must do 7 days of lateral flow tests, Unless they are going to get around that rule by asking them to test after the match.

I think they need to do another round of rock, paper, scissors to get a better answer

I think the 'requirement' to test every day is only 'advisory' - from gov.uk........

If you are not legally required to self-isolate as a contact, you are strongly advised to take a rapid LFD test every day for 7 days or until 10 days since your last contact with the person who tested positive for COVID-19 if this is earlier.

I think the 'requirement' to test every day is only 'advisory' - from gov.uk........

If you are not legally required to self-isolate as a contact, you are strongly advised to take a rapid LFD test every day for 7 days or until 10 days since your last contact with the person who tested positive for COVID-19 if this is earlier.

Thought that was the case too .But on our last visit to our CAP (local health centre) my regular nurse said that this requirement had now been relaxed for anyone who's been triple vaccinated.Is that only the case for Spain?

Thought that was the case too .But on our last visit to our CAP (local health centre) my regular nurse said that this requirement had now been relaxed for anyone who's been triple vaccinated.Is that only the case for Spain?
I don't think there is any benefit (other than better protection from Covid) in having the booster versus being double jabbed in terms of isolation requirements in the UK. Could be wrong on that though - it's getting complicated

I don't think there is any benefit (other than better protection from Covid) in having the booster versus being double jabbed in terms of isolation requirements in the UK. Could be wrong on that though - it's getting complicated
Just checked on a Spanish website .The regulations in Spain are exactly the same as in the UK.

So now Arsenal v Tottenham has been postponed at Arsenal's request despite them only having one COVID case - the rest of their absences are because of AFCON and injuries, things that would normally happen in a season.

This is getting ridiculous now, clubs are just using COVID as an excuse to postpone games when it suits them. Like Liverpool with their 'outbreak' last week which turned out to be a load of false positives.

Stop the testing and this madness would all be over. Most of the players who get it aren't even ill.

So now Arsenal v Tottenham has been postponed at Arsenal's request despite them only having one COVID case - the rest of their absences are because of AFCON and injuries, things that would normally happen in a season.

This is getting ridiculous now, clubs are just using COVID as an excuse to postpone games when it suits them. Like Liverpool with their 'outbreak' last week which turned out to be a load of false positives.

Stop the testing and this madness would all be over. Most of the players who get it aren't even ill.
And let players infect each other? :Dunce: Don't fink so.

Last edited:
Back