• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How very tough this division is

The club has excellent support but look at The Merger Kings Dagenham & Redbridge who somehow reached division but with so little support.

Of course they came crashing back down but who knows if they will go back up or simply run out of money.
DAnd R have wealthy North American backers behind them unlike ourselves who struggle to pay the bills every month.

I was a fan of Phil first time around but am very much of the opinion that he is the wrong man this time around, the dynamic of the club is very different to when he was last here and I think with our current resources and position we needed a manager from a different mould.

The one positive I saw in Ron up until the last few years is that he wasn't too reactionary and we gave successive managers time to build something. We haven't done that since Phil was last in charge and the revolving door and constant rebuilds have been a disaster.
Mirrors my thoughts exactly. I thought we were too much in a hurry to get rid of PB first time and should have cleared out the players instead, but I'm not convinced he's suited to the situation we have now.

I assume you are associated with the club, with only 6 posts, sorry whats your point? lets hear it
I can assure you that I am not associated with the club....I go to the very odd Leyton Orient game and I used to be a huge fan of non league football......I just came on here to exchange views with Southend fans (nothing more nothing less)

Blackpool had massive problems and many fans simply stayed away in large numbers....Would that be a good idea?........Unlike the old days there are so many things away from football that fans can do.
I'm not advocating that, all I'm saying is that I'm not fussed about going these days. That said I do have an invite tomorrow night so will be there for that, more for social reasons than football ones though

Heard it all now that this is a "tough division" for our poor bunch of overpaid losers, led by an even poorer bunch of management. Our predicament is an utter disgrace with Ron apparently looking to run the club into the ground and recoup who knows what?? Perhaps a few leagues lower would be less tough for our team that once beat a strong Man Utd team!! Local derby against Leigh Ramblers bring it on, might scrape a draw?

Tough? I'd say it's a bang average division from what I've seen. But then so are we - which is why we make it look tough.

While it is once again pretty depressing, it's probably worth the caveat that very few teams that are relegated into this league start quickly off the blocks. We are in for a period of adjustment, how long it will last who knows, but I can't see us going down again.

This is very true, and it helps to have a manager that understands the league and strengths and weaknesses of those teams within the league.

Please explain to me what is so different to get out of the National League as a former EFL club vs a former PL club trying to get out of the Championship?

Do you believe that PB is a manger that understands the league?

I guess that you could look at all of the other 22 clubs in the NL and decide on a personal choice but from experienced NL managers available, I’d go for Neil Smith.
The former Bromley manager was released from his job in March with Bromley sitting in a playoff position (7th) . In his five plus years at the club he’s seen them promoted from the south division and taken them to Wembley in the FA Trophy. He’s very much aware players in and around the NL league and is well respected by other managers and players.
But he didn't get them promoted. Look at last seasons appointment that had lower league experience with promotions and took on Southend United & Mr Martin. We all know the outcome of that risk.

Neil Smith... No offence but No thank you.

But he didn't get them promoted. Look at last seasons appointment that had lower league experience with promotions and took on Southend United & Mr Martin. We all know the outcome of that risk.

Neil Smith... No offence but No thank you.
That’s true but the season didn’t end in March either and there was still 14 games to play.

That’s true but the season didn’t end in March either and there was still 14 games to play.

So based on what you have just quoted Mr Smith would have taken the onto glory if the season had been completed?

You seem to be scratching for ideas, solutions or just any excuse to get rid of PB. I love reading comments like this. Statements without a concrete or fact driven argument.

So based on what you have just quoted Mr Smith would have taken the onto glory if the season had been completed?

You seem to be scratching for ideas, solutions or just any excuse to get rid of PB. I love reading comments like this. Statements without a concrete or fact driven argument.
There was never any issue about getting rid of PB. I was only responding to a post from BALDY that if I could bring in an experienced NL manager whom would you suggest. Neil Smith imo fits the criteria, the season was completed and Bromley did finish in the playoff lottery, even with a new manager at the helm. My point is that it was Smiths team that finished the season.

Back