• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How well do you know the Beatles?

**** me, they only like invented pop music as we know it today. :thumbdown:

10/13, a few guesses in there.

Just because they were massively influential doesn't mean you have to like them.

I don't like the Beatles particularly but they influenced so much music that I love.

6/13

Just because they were massively influential doesn't mean you have to like them.

I don't like the Beatles particularly but they influenced so much music that I love.

6/13

I fail to see how anyone can't find a single song within their immense canon of work that they don't like.

I fail to see how anyone can't find a single song within their immense canon of work that they don't like.

Oh come on now. This is a load of *****.

[video=youtube;gRtAO-nffz0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRtAO-nffz0[/video]

Oh come on now. This is a load of *****.

I can't see it at work....at no point do I say that EVERY song is quality - I'm not a fan of their real early Love Love Me Do stuff, and I just can't get on with most of The White Album...but not liking Hey Jude? How is that even possible?

I can't see it at work....at no point do I say that EVERY song is quality - I'm not a fan of their real early Love Love Me Do stuff, and I just can't get on with most of The White Album...but not liking Hey Jude? How is that even possible?

ahh ok. :thumbsup:

Apologies for high jacking the thread but what the fek has their influence on popular music and their popularity with the masses got to do with the fact I don't particularly like any of their music? Elvis is another. Musically I wouldn't by choice put either on my iPod in the car or have them playing at home.

And no, honestly. Hey Jude just doesn't do anything for me musically.

Apologies for high jacking the thread but what the fek has their influence on popular music and their popularity with the masses got to do with the fact I don't particularly like any of their music? Elvis is another. Musically I wouldn't by choice put either on my iPod in the car or have them playing at home.

And no, honestly. Hey Jude just doesn't do anything for me musically.

I wouldn't describe myself as the Beatles greatest fan (nor Elvis's either for that matter) but I recognise the immense contribution that they both made to pop music.

Hey Jude was a great track (as was most of their stuff -apart from the White album,IMO, as well as anything Elvis did in the 50's (and quite a lot after that too).

I suspect I wouldn't like much of your record collection.

I suspect your right Barna. In fact I know you are but that's the beauty of musical taste, it's all very personal. And just for the record I never once said I didn't recognise their contribution and influence on popular music, I do. I just find their music leaves me cold and always has.

I managed 3 and that just about sums up what I think of the Beatles. Massively influential and deserve every plaudit but even from a very young age I preffered something more edgey and less mainstream. It was always The Who, Stones or Kinks and a myriad of others.

I managed 3 and that just about sums up what I think of the Beatles. Massively influential and deserve every plaudit but even from a very young age I preffered something more edgey and less mainstream. It was always The Who, Stones or Kinks and a myriad of others.

Agreed.The Beach Boys were pretty cool when I was a teenager too.:winking:

Back