• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Three men sat round a table.
One upper class, one Middle class and one lower class.

There are 12 biscuits on the table.
The upper class man takes 11 of the biscuits, taps the middle class man on the shoulder. He then points to the lower class man and says ' watch that ****er - he's going to nick your biscuit.

Can we clarify, who paid for the biscuits? :winking:

The hypocrisy of it, HSBC, donations, honours, tax avoidance schemes; all these things are morally "dodgy" and go against the whole "in it together" and "big society" ethos.
And the "do as we say not as we do" leadership are beyond comprehension for me & also a slap in the face for ordinary working men and women who do what is required and know that if they don't then they will be in trouble with the law, get a bad reputation, lose work etc.
The more I watch, listen and read about current politicians in the UK the more angry and disfranchised I feel; none of the parties do what is right for the UK; they just do the minimum: and then line their own interests.
They are sowing the seeds of discontent.:angry:

The HSBC CEO said a couple of days ago “Can I know what every one of 257,000 people is doing? Clearly I can’t. If you want to ask the question could it ever happen again — that is not reasonable.”

That may be so, but Mr Gulliver was reported to be paid £8m (in 2014) to do exactly that. If he doesn't know what is going on in the company he is paying huge sums to run, then he isn't isn't doing his job properly or doesn't care. This is part of the list of scandals HSBC have caught up in as read out by the select committee chairman today “interest rate derivative mis-selling, Libor manipulation, Eurobor manipulation, mis-selling mortgage-backed securities to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, Forex rigging, weakness in money laundering, credit default swaps, … rigging precious metals markets” and was involved in “various class action lawsuits over the Bernie Madoff fraud.”

Perhaps, the worst crime was money laundering for Mexican drug cartels, for which they were fined nearly $2bn in the US a few years back.

There seems to be something rotten at the heart of HSBC.

Our current account is with HSBC. They've been hitting us hard with personal phone calls from our local branch to offer various products and offers. Coincidence?

I was very tempted to ask for tax avoidance advice but the poor cashier just sounded too nice to start winding up.

Back