• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EnglandShrimper

Manager
Basically, it pains me to say it but it's true. Huddersfield Town Football Club are an absolute ****ing joke. From top to bottom, the awards we won the other week are just papering over the cracks.

First of all, regarding the match - we weren't very good. Southend deserved to win, they played very good football at times and absolutely dominated the first half and we only got back into it really because of Andy Booth winning literally everything in the air and a mini second half revival that was ultimately short lived.

However, Southend United have the most detestable set of players I have ever come across. I'm not being bitter, because Southend very much deserved to win the match and they play very good football at times that will probably see them be in the playoff places in May, but after watching them today, I hope they wont.

Daryll Flahavan...he went into a 50/50 with Collins, Collins slid in to try and score because he had a valid opportunity to so do, with one foot and across the floor. There was inevitable contact, probably on Flahavans arm, and he kicked off like a complete and utter wuss, insisiting he be sent off and looking like he was about to cry every five seconds.

Nicky Bailey. The most gobby little ****, ever. Every tackle, and I mean EVERY tackle, he would be the first one with his mouth flapping and his arms outstretched whining at the referee, and caused a lot of confrontation with our players by having a severe attitude problemm. He quite clearly has the ability, as on the day he played very well and he has scored a lot of goals this season and apparently their best player...why he has that pathetic attitude I don't know.

Mark Gower - took a corner, whilst our player was having medical treatment in the other half of the pitch with the referee stood over him, and when the crowd having a go for him having no sportsmanship/intelligence whatsoever, started to goad them and I think he swore at them at one point so I hope that gets investigaed.

Kanu - all elbows, every bleedin' time he would challenge for the ball. Good gool though.

Like I said, they are a very good team, just with a detestable attitude.

155733289_44299089e6.jpg

Basically, it pains me to say it but it's true. Huddersfield Town Football Club are an absolute ****ing joke. From top to bottom, the awards we won the other week are just papering over the cracks.

First of all, regarding the match - we weren't very good. Southend deserved to win, they played very good football at times and absolutely dominated the first half and we only got back into it really because of Andy Booth winning literally everything in the air and a mini second half revival that was ultimately short lived.

However, Southend United have the most detestable set of players I have ever come across. I'm not being bitter, because Southend very much deserved to win the match and they play very good football at times that will probably see them be in the playoff places in May, but after watching them today, I hope they wont.

Daryll Flahavan...he went into a 50/50 with Collins, Collins slid in to try and score because he had a valid opportunity to so do, with one foot and across the floor. There was inevitable contact, probably on Flahavans arm, and he kicked off like a complete and utter wuss, insisiting he be sent off and looking like he was about to cry every five seconds.

Nicky Bailey. The most gobby little ****, ever. Every tackle, and I mean EVERY tackle, he would be the first one with his mouth flapping and his arms outstretched whining at the referee, and caused a lot of confrontation with our players by having a severe attitude problemm. He quite clearly has the ability, as on the day he played very well and he has scored a lot of goals this season and apparently their best player...why he has that pathetic attitude I don't know.

Mark Gower - took a corner, whilst our player was having medical treatment in the other half of the pitch with the referee stood over him, and when the crowd having a go for him having no sportsmanship/intelligence whatsoever, started to goad them and I think he swore at them at one point so I hope that gets investigaed.

Kanu - all elbows, every bleedin' time he would challenge for the ball. Good gool though.

Like I said, they are a very good team, just with a detestable attitude.

Good footballing ability wins games but a little bit of Gamesmanship thrown in for good measure doesn't go amiss.

Man Ure are testament to this & it's never done them any harm; they're always whingeing & moaning at the ref....

Can't see how anyone can disagree with most of that view at all?!

Flavs - The striker had every reason to go in for that challenge. He even purposedly kept his studs low as he slid in. If it had been the opposite way and for instance Kanu had not slid in, he would have been slated for not challenging/bottling for the ball. Flavs hesitated in the first place to even give the Huddersfield striker an opportunity to get there.

Bailey - Clearly the class act of our team, however most definitely a bit of a hothead at times. That's why we love him though, he gives us the passion which we've lacked in the last couple of years. If he was on opposing team though we'd be booing him!

Gower - There has been god knows how many threads about Marky G over the past couple of months when he has verbally abused our own fans with certain posters up in arms wanting him out of the team! Not sure it should come as a surprised if he abused opposing fans!

Sounds as if we've learnt a few things from our ill-fated Champion$hite campaign.

I agree. Delighted our players aren't seen as a soft touch and endearing themselves to opposition fans. The fact that we know our players aren't anywhere near as despicable as this bitter rant portrays them makes it all the sweeter.

Talk about a poor loser

I know those northerners think we are a bunch of soft southern jessies but that initial article is just poor losers mouthing off.

I am glad we played hard and got stuck in. Good on the boys.

Now lets show those welsh tarts what a good essex side can do to the shins.

Dont mess with the Blues

UTB!!!!!!!

I agree. Delighted our players aren't seen as a soft touch and endearing themselves to opposition fans. The fact that we know our players aren't anywhere near as despicable as this bitter rant portrays them makes it all the sweeter.

This is ironic, when we played up at Hartlepool recently one of their fans turned to me and said we played good football but we are too soft! If we keep winning the harder the better I say.

Sounds as if we've learnt a few things from our ill-fated Champion$hite campaign.

Agreed on this. One of the most frustrating things about our team during the winless streak was the way in which other teams would come to play us and break up our momentum whenever we got anything going. Our midfield would be a lot harder to get through with Bailey's presence so we're getting there.

However, the finer art of it is not getting carded when you do it which, again, was something other teams regularly did against us. This season, McCormack and Bailey have picked up too many cards between them and they need to learn to be smarter about it. Jog away, don't get in people's faces, don't gesticualte at the ref - all good ways to stop the ref thinking that you deserve a booking.

As detestable as Thornton is, I reckon McCormack could have avoided that red card and many other bookings by using any of the previously mentioned tactics.

Absolutely true and although it sounds a bit like sour grapes from the Huddersfield fan, I have to say that I'm fairly pleased to hear it. Think about the amount of times that we're up in arms about the physicality or goading nature of other teams, and also think about how disappointed we were last year when the majority of these so-called 'big teams' in the CCC beat us through their physical presence and niggling tactics rather than infinitely greater skill and ability (Derby, Wolves and Hull anyone?)

If we want to be in the Championship and survive, then how this Huddersfield fan described us is how we need to be and then some, as much is it pains me to say it.

Can't see how anyone can disagree with most of that view at all?!

Flavs - The striker had every reason to go in for that challenge. He even purposedly kept his studs low as he slid in. If it had been the opposite way and for instance Kanu had not slid in, he would have been slated for not challenging/bottling for the ball. Flavs hesitated in the first place to even give the Huddersfield striker an opportunity to get there.

Bailey - Clearly the class act of our team, however most definitely a bit of a hothead at times. That's why we love him though, he gives us the passion which we've lacked in the last couple of years. If he was on opposing team though we'd be booing him!

Gower - There has been god knows how many threads about Marky G over the past couple of months when he has verbally abused our own fans with certain posters up in arms wanting him out of the team! Not sure it should come as a surprised if he abused opposing fans!

And whilst I wasn't there, Chris Phillips on BBC Essex said that he clearly saw Kanu swing an elbow in the first half and stated that he was very lucky to still be on the pitch.

Back