• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
blustery day - big pitch, decent stadium 12 thousand smiling northerners and a really annoying announcer shouting and screaming in the way too loud pa...

they were trying really hard with give away season tickets and deck chairs on the pitch and each players soponsor announced - and going on about Leeds -

Barnard hospitalised their centre back, stitches and a hero bandage - back he came and Macca and Granty set about sorting out who owned the midfield - they saw enough of Theo to get scared and Francis and Moussa were beginning to show quality out wide... Moussa completely opened them up once to get pulled back for the free kick for the hack he rode just outside the box .

The "Town" manger was doing none stop shouting and carrying on .... Tilly showed his face once.

At half time they knew we were better than them.

Off we go and Robinson misses an open goal but it only seemed to a matter of time - before young Franck strutting his stuff gets in the box wide left and his cross hits the defenders arm -

on NO ..... Barnards got the ball ....... after the last effort ...... no .....

BANG - 1-0 to Southend United Fc .... sharp and convincing penalty -

they stepped up their game and gave Dorian a big reminder of League One football by resorting to a long throw from anywhere in our half - and they are supposed to rate this new manager they've got .. ... bit of handbags - Granty
gets so tired of getting kicked he just has to go down ... JFC comes on as we shut up shop - 4 minutes of added ....

its a young team with some great talent and now they have learnt how to win ....

Mildy - seemd to have a bit to do second half -

Francis - adds quality going forward

Clarke - knows is way round this league - distribution is interesting but sometimes his longer ball works

Dorian - still hasn't scored - couple of times he just robbed their forwards - him and Clarke seemed to enjoy the long throw ins

Barrett - he is good and strong as long as Moussa or Grant cover his lack of mobility -

Scannell - the puzzle - but get him a situation and he brings something off - his defensive work looks messy -

Granty - wins the war - and gets us going

Macca - just beginning to get up and at them second half - played a bit deeper after the goal ..

Moussa - now producing match winning football

Barnard - spikey and aggresive - happy to drop off and work - thought it was his best game for a while -

Theo - one big miss but Theo has pace and can finish - and he works -

there was something about this performance that was quietly confident.... Tilsons really knows his stuff and this is a good team -

very interesting report. sounds like we played well which is good as our performance last week was a bit jittery

That announcer was terrible. I thought my ears were going to start bleeding at one point. If anything, it's likely to put people off buying a ST, rather than encourage.

Robinson missed three guilt edged chances.

Barnard continues his impressive run of 16 first goal of the game in 30 starts, none of which we've lost.

Very funny! "We've only got one song" and "there's only four/five/six of us singing" etc! First half I thought we were poor and very jittery, it needed a bit of hairdryers from Tilly (or Brush) at half time to get them to settle down and from there on in we bossed it despite the ref's best efforts otherwise.

Mildy - 7, seriously worried me first half but came good in the 2nd
Franno - 7, ok, no communication with Scannell
Dorian - 6, looked knackered after his international exploits but still did enough
Clarke - 8, MotM for me, decisive and controlled despite several shanked balls, had Cadamarteri under control
Barrett - 7, good enough
Scannell - 6, not at the races today
Grant - 7, got some important challenges in, goes down far too easily
Macca - 7, quiet game for Macca, but still influential in the middle, some great passing to create chances
Moussa - 7, worryingly out of the game for most of the first half but made up for it in the 2nd
Barney - 7, great penalty, worried and harrassed non stop
Theo - 7, oh Theo! You know you should have scored, we know you should have scored but still, we forgive you

Subs: Jeff for Scannell - 6, predictable, but expected it to be for Barney

Ref - 4, rubbish, lost control completely, thought there should have been a couple of reds

TBV - Shhhhhh! Got going 2nd half when we started having a laugh.

Clarke was absolutely superb today!

I think we need to start worrying about getting Clarkey to sign up for next season.

What were everyone's view of the penalty? I thought it was fairly straightforward handball.

I know I'm bias, but some udders lads on the train were trying to argue it wasn't deliberate. He seemed to have his arms out when the ball was crossed.

As blatant a penalty as I've seen (for a handball) in a long time. Didn't think there was too much arguing from the players which is usually a good indication.

That announcer was terrible. I thought my ears were going to start bleeding at one point. If anything, it's likely to put people off buying a ST, rather than encourage.

Maybe, but £99 for a Season Ticket? That's less than a fiver a match!!

Hope we get value like that when we move into our new ground.

Robinson missed three guilt edged chances.

Barnard continues his impressive run of 16 first goal of the game in 30 starts, none of which we've lost.

I disagree, perhaps his voice was a tad shrill but he's heart was in the right place and he welcomed us like old friends, even getting a dig in about essex west ham fans.

As for the game....
I think we can finally put to bed this cr@p that we are a 'passing' side! That was route 1 stuff again today and to be honest, it was quite enjoyable! If theo is off at the end of the season i really hope that JW can slip into the role of 'lurcher' in our new found love of round ball coursing. Deliberate handball or not, we deserved that win today and none of the players, perms or loans hid, irrespective of individual form.

Mildy 8 I'm not one to over do the praise but that take at the edge of his box with a minute or so to go hit home to me how much he is an improvement over flavs.
Francis 7 Glad he's got the RB birth back. His dead ball crossing today was pretty good and should have resulted in at least 1 goal by dorian.
Dervite 7 The only centre back we have who can make regular long distance passes with a modicum of accuraccy. As previously mentioned, looked a bit tired but still was the jigsaw piece were gonna miss like hell next season.
Clarke 7 continuing his great form (just a pity about the passing)
Barrett 5 Poor again i'm afraid. Going through a testing time at the moment. Got turned inside out a few times first half and didnt seem to be at the races. I'm sure if he wasnt the captain JH would be pushing for his position. I guess tilson knows he'll be back at centre half next season so wont rock the boat.
Scannell 7 Started slowly but worked his way into the game. Surprisingly effective defensively sadly wanting attackingly (if thats a word)
Grant 7 Put it about as per norm and unsettled thier midfield effectively.
Macca 8 It suddenly dawned on me today that this bloke is about as creative as any we have. (I guess thats why we have had to hoof it more) Great engine and unlucky with one rasping shot that just rose over the bar. I'm really warming to him.
Moussa 6 I'm really trying hard to see why so many on here hold him in such high regard. I find him very frustrating to watch in that he teases with occasional excellence then appears to drift immediately out of the game. However, In the absence of any better options i'll continue to give him the benifit of doubt for now.
Barnard 7 Worked his socks off and had the balls to smash that penaly home. Looked absolutely nackered with 15 to go and was surprised he wasnt subbed as was totally ineffective once the fuel ran out.
Theo 8 OK so he fluffed the punch line but his build up to get himself in that position was top drawer. A constant thorn in their sides and stamina that kept him sprinting all game. Were gonna miss him.

Very funny! "We've only got one song" and "there's only four/five/six of us singing" etc! First half I thought we were poor and very jittery, it needed a bit of hairdryers from Tilly (or Brush) at half time to get them to settle down and from there on in we bossed it despite the ref's best efforts otherwise.

Mildy - 7, seriously worried me first half but came good in the 2nd
Franno - 7, ok, no communication with Scannell
Dorian - 6, looked knackered after his international exploits but still did enough
Clarke - 8, MotM for me, decisive and controlled despite several shanked balls, had Cadamarteri under control
Barrett - 7, good enough
Scannell - 6, not at the races today
Grant - 7, got some important challenges in, goes down far too easily
Macca - 7, quiet game for Macca, but still influential in the middle, some great passing to create chances
Moussa - 7, worryingly out of the game for most of the first half but made up for it in the 2nd
Barney - 7, great penalty, worried and harrassed non stop
Theo - 7, oh Theo! You know you should have scored, we know you should have scored but still, we forgive you

Subs: Jeff for Scannell - 6, predictable, but expected it to be for Barney

Ref - 4, rubbish, lost control completely, thought there should have been a couple of reds

TBV - Shhhhhh! Got going 2nd half when we started having a laugh.

Interesting that you thought that OBL. I'd agree with you if you were talking about the first 20 minutes of the match, when we were a bit backs to the wall. But after 20 minutes, we got better, grew in stature as the first half wore on, completely bossed the last 10 minutes of it and came out second half keeping the tempo up.

great through the first half and ended it well (Macca blazing a shot over), Huddersfield had possession and terratory but didn't ever really threaten. 2nd half we looked good, but it was nervy at the end.

Ratings:

Mildy - 7 - not much to do, one flap but otherwise commanded his area and his unusual goal kicks actually gained us good ground

Francis - 7 - solid at the back and excellent going forward. poor free-kicks

Clarke - 8 - Immense defensive display, long passing was wayward but a few excellent balls came off

Devite - 7 - quiet but strong, needs to get more purchase on headed clearances

Barrett - 6.5 - poor first half, needed much protection and needs to stay on feet when under pressure

Grant - 7 - as Capello would say "a crazy, crazy man!" was everywhere, doubled up with Barrett well and roamed around the pitch winning tackles everywhere, passing ability is pretty much non-existent, but a useful player for tough away games

Macca - 8 MOTM - performance of the season from Macca, only player to consistently move the ball around with purpose, tough tackling but kept a lid on things, had a decent chance in the first half but blazed it over. excellent game

Moussa - 7.5 - had a couple of great runs which carved them open, one leading to the penalty. getting better and better

Scannell - 6.5 - weird one, often things come off for him, but then he just doesn't use his pace. first touch is poor but helped out defensively and didn't get much decent service when he wanted it.

Barnard - 7 - had an edge to his play today, looks fully fit which is a bonus. Well taken penalty but otherwise didn't threaten in the box

Robinson - 6.5 - Frightened the Terriers defence with his pace, but his miss when 1-on-1 with a defender was terrible (after great work rounding the keeper). Works hard to win 60 yard passes he has no right to get to!

Subs:

JFC - Nothing of note

sounds like a good performance overall. couldnt make this one but just glad to get anothere win on the bored. 1 place from the playoffs

come on the blues

sounds like a good performance overall. couldnt make this one but just glad to get anothere win on the bored. 1 place from the playoffs

come on the blues

yeah it was a good performance against a physical team. we matched them in all areas and had the more clear chances

Maybe, but £99 for a Season Ticket? That's less than a fiver a match!!

Hope we get value like that when we move into our new ground.

Listening on local radio driving home aferwards and it sounds like the £100 was a one-off for their centenary and price is around £300 next season.

I disagree, perhaps his voice was a tad shrill but he's heart was in the right place and he welcomed us like old friends, even getting a dig in about essex west ham fans.

I suspect Huddersfield has its fair share of Leeds fans

Bloody hell! People other than me are praising Macca! :stunned: First 15/20 minutes was almost embarrassing, things did settle down a bit after that, but not in a challenging way, more like playing for a draw, which was not enough. Interesting the views of some Huddersfield fans on 606, who are quite complimentary to us for our dogged play.

Back