• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Huddersfields views on the Abbott Situ...

palexander

Life President
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i've bee told today that jacko wants pav out and to expect him to shipped off else where by start of season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]...Pav's body language was generally positive and he didn't have the air of a man on his way out. He huffed and puffed like the rest of them but without achieving too much. Had the initial shot that came off the post for Beckett to calmly slot home through a crowd of bodies on the line. Still looks desperately short on confidence though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]its true that jacko doesn't want pav, he'd probably swap him for nothing and then pay you 50k for one of your reserves. certainly a great finisher, think a bit of time on the bench might wake up his desire at the club when he is given a start, easily the best sfinisher at town, the becket and booth have better footballing brains. F;etch is easily the best winger cos of his workrate, and macaliskey=2 goals in 3 years

Seems the feeling is that a) he probably is going b) Jackson definately doesnt want him c) The fans dont want him to go d) He is a decent player who relies on confidence.

I reckon this could happen!

My mate is a big Leeds fan and says that Blackwell has accepted that his team lack pace up front (so do we for that matter) and that he is looking at a few players. As Huddersfield is no more than a monkeys chuck from Leeds, I would expect Abbott to be one of the players on Blackwells list.

PS. My mate also said, "Good luck with Ricketts, he is the worst player ever to pull on a LUFC shirt and very overweight." He also said that he will find every excuse to miss training.................

I love how many people Ricketts might prove wrong this year. This should be a massive incentive for the lad.

REgarding Abbott to Leeds, I think they would be more likely to spend a bit more and sign someone with a higher profile or more potential. Sharp to Leeds? Works on the same rationale as Abbott to Leeds.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bluesmanager @ July 14 2006,11:05)]And? We're in July for crying out loud! The season doesn't start for another month! Just because he's played one freindly doesn't mean he's not coming to us.
i meant, that he isnt coming in the next few days, it doesnt put the whole transfer off.

If he was quite close to signing he would not be playing in a friendly for Huddersfield.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ July 14 2006,11:50)]Sharp to Leeds?
I know you can't apply this rationale so strongly anymore, but as a die-hard Blade would Billy Sharp want to play for one his most bitterest rivals?

He said in last month's FFT he wants to play Championship football though, albeit in the context of with Scunny.

southend want him
wink.gif

Back