• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

duncan bulgaria

Fuzzy Wuzzy Was a Woman
Make no mistake i have critised the players on here when i feel that they have under achieved and also have critised Tilson to on some of his desicions he has made this season. Its only fair then that the boys get praised up for a great result last night which IMO puts a nice gap now between us and the relegation zone which will me that the lads can now go out and express their selves instead of having one eye on the dog fight .

What was crying out for us to change has been in the form of shipping barrett out of the firing line , he was getting run ragged in nearly all the games i saw this season and we needed a new pairing at the back which we now have and our good run of form has been built on this understanding and resolute defensive line .

Yes Sankofa and Barrett are not great going forward but what we needed was to be hard to beat , which IMO is what these two bring to the table , Barrett has a good left peg and can tackle well and can just concentrate on winning his battle with the Right winger and stopping balls coming into our box .

Mids has been playing well , yet again no coincidence seeing as he has a stronger and bettre quality back 2 pairing and the confidence has feed through the team . Macca , Christophe and Grant make us more solid and is ideal on away games , if they between them can chip in with some goals then all very well but we need a bit of creativity next to them which Moussa just doesn't not have at the moment and its somewhere Tilly should look to strengthen in order to feed our front 2 pairing who ever that may be .

The front 2 should consist of Theo and another , my preference is Laurent , he's pacey , strong , awkard and can cause defenders all sorts of problems which in turn makes them back off or double up on him which leaves more space and room for us to go forward , shame he is injuried as he makes a big difference to us .

So good work Tilly in bringing in 2 quality loanees and good work lads for turning teh corner , keep it up , keep being hard to breakdown, hard working and add to that a little bit of quality and the rest of the season may well be something to smile about .......play offs no chance but for us to play with no worries and produce some good football is what i'm looking for.

Spot on DB, totally agree.

Players and Tilson certainly agree praise for the run they are putting together.

Bit more of a settled side too which is a plus , i personally don't like the 1 or 2 month loan players as they can leave i big whole when they leave , i mean if we could of had Sawyer on a 6 or 12 month loan , i know they are harder tp get the parent club to agree to but it makes a big difference .

Imagine if DD had to go back after just being here a month we would be back to square one nearly , but obviously don't want to take any thing away from the perm players who have also played their part , for a club like us though we should be competing with the likes of Scunny, col U , Crewe and beating them .

The last 2 results have been huge because alot of teams below us have got results aswell, fairly predictably there is a thread about the play-offs now which is laughable really.

I've never had a problem with longer term loan players on the basis that you can get better players on the cheap. The issue comes when they go back to their parent club and you don't fill the gap left behind i.e. Ron stopped looking for a left back after Herds great performance against Chelsea yet as has been seen he's struggled week in week out which is to be expected - i'm not saying he won't come good but it was a hell of a leap for him to take and for us to expect we'll get through to the end of the season without cover.

Lets face it some of our better players have been the loan players - Federici, Harding, Sawyer, Christophe, Stanislas.

As long as you keep a core of permanent players to work around it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

fairly predictably there is a thread about the play-offs now which is laughable really.

Well it is, and it isn't.

At least it's good to see some positivity on here after a few weeks of horrid ill feeling and arguing. I don't think for a minute we'll manage it either, or that it'd be a particularly beneficial thing if we did.

But it isn't inconceivable, and a few more bad results for teams who start to capitulate and who knows...

Back