• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Been away.

Phil has managed to turn the blues from non scoring to banging them in for fun,1 point off the PO and on a super run of results,hats off to Phil as the signing of Nile must be the transfer coup of the season ,still not seen him,yet many have said he is unplayable at times,incredible signing abetted by Anton plus Wordy pulling the strings,Cox is now getting his act together too.

Big praise for Phil as he has silenced the boo boys and long may it continue.

Humblepieistasty.

Welcome back mrs, there has been a lack of postings this weekend by people with blue in their name.

Now don't take this personally but please, please, please, stay away from RH tomorrow night. :thumbsup:

Welcome back mrs, there has been a lack of postings this weekend by people with blue in their name.

Now don't take this personally but please, please, please, stay away from RH tomorrow night. :thumbsup:

You rotter Riggers...cannot do floodlit games so hopefully the run continues:thumbsup:

Been away.

Phil has managed to turn the blues from non scoring to banging them in for fun,1 point off the PO and on a super run of results,hats off to Phil as the signing of Nile must be the transfer coup of the season ,still not seen him,yet many have said he is unplayable at times,incredible signing abetted by Anton plus Wordy pulling the strings,Cox is now getting his act together too.

Humblepieistasty.
fair play mrs blue... takes humility to do this in front of those who you do battle with most weeks....

Been away.

Humblepieistasty.

Where you been MrsBlue, St Georges to finish your FIFA Coaching A Badge ?

In all seriousness, good message and yes, as touched upon by many , the improvement has been impressive, ably assisted by the addition of Nile ( who I hope is currently wrapped up in cotton wool until tomorrow night !)

Thanks all,

BUT BUT BUT...If Phil goes back to the ridiculous lone forward tactic then I will be back on his case:winking:

To be fair, a lot of us have to eat humble pie. Brown should have course been judged when he had his full squad at his disposal. Who I am interested to hear from though is the young man (IIRC) who said he KNEW that he had lost the dressing room after the Scunny thrashing......

ps a bit from my article defending Phil Brown in All at Sea back in August.

But I believe, that we can turn it round. We need some confidence in the team. We need Nile Ranger fit. We need a centre-back. We need the Roots Hall Roar from the start to the finish.

ps a bit from my article defending Phil Brown in All at Sea back in August.

But I believe, that we can turn it round. We need some confidence in the team. We need Nile Ranger fit. We need a centre-back. We need the Roots Hall Roar from the start to the finish.

Didn't the Roots Hall Roar fold ages ago?

Remember when we won like 8 in a row playing 4-4-2 and it got us to 2nd in League 2? Remember how he then masterminded our slide back into the play-off positions by going back to the lone striker formation. We are now more towards where we should be with our side. The main reasons we started so badly was because of the 'tactics' and 'motivation'. Let's not knight Brown yet, all he has been doing to silence the boo boys recently is play how the boo boys have wanted him to play. That does not make us wrong about his previous performance. If it carries on without his tinkering though....who cares who should get the praise....let's enjoy it. I have mainly been silent because I have not been for a few weeks. have had a very busy time recently with people's birthdays, weddings etc. Who knows..if I had been I may have even posted a couple of positive posts for a change?! Maybe the reason we have been doing well is that....I haven't been there! Would be so annoying if I were the jinx all along.

Remember when we won like 8 in a row playing 4-4-2 and it got us to 2nd in League 2? Remember how he then masterminded our slide back into the play-off positions by going back to the lone striker formation. We are now more towards where we should be with our side. The main reasons we started so badly was because of the 'tactics' and 'motivation'. Let's not knight Brown yet, all he has been doing to silence the boo boys recently is play how the boo boys have wanted him to play. That does not make us wrong about his previous performance. If it carries on without his tinkering though....who cares who should get the praise....let's enjoy it. I have mainly been silent because I have not been for a few weeks. have had a very busy time recently with people's birthdays, weddings etc. Who knows..if I had been I may have even posted a couple of positive posts for a change?! Maybe the reason we have been doing well is that....I haven't been there! Would be so annoying if I were the jinx all along.

You are not a jinx Trav. You and I have witnessed many good wins and promotions over the decades we have watched them together. You were 18 months old for your first attendance at the Hall and saw a lovely victory over Millwall that day. Mind you, you did pick up some colourful language from the crowd but thems the breaks.

Been away.

Humblepieistasty.

I think you will find he has silenced some of them- others would damn him with faint praise if we made the premiership. I don't think based on the last few performances many could say that those performances weren't promising. Unfortunately it would take a good few wins to get everyone on side and one bad defeat to prove he is the wrong man for the job..

I think you will find he has silenced some of them- others would damn him with faint praise if we made the premiership. I don't think based on the last few performances many could say that those performances weren't promising. Unfortunately it would take a good few wins to get everyone on side and one bad defeat to prove he is the wrong man for the job..

Managers are damned if they do and damned if they don't .

As Trav explained,Phil hasn't helped himself with strange tactics which were truly awful.

If somebody took charge of Billericay Town and they won 100 games on the spin,first defeat send some knives would be out gunning for the gaffer.

Not allowed out that late on school days ?

No I have to make sure that little terror WESTY does his homework and chores and plenty of reading too,his current favourite is the comic Bunty,sadly he often struggles with words.

Back