• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hummel

I ordered both yesterday. Admittedly I tend to use footie shirts more as pyjama tops these days but I do play semi-regularly with a few others on a mailing list so the shirts will get an outing at some point, partly because I personalised them with my own name. #egomaniac

I ordered both yesterday. Admittedly I tend to use footie shirts more as pyjama tops these days but I do play semi-regularly with a few others on a mailing list so the shirts will get an outing at some point, partly because I personalised them with my own name. #egomaniac
An absolutely correct thing to do in the current circumstances. When you're dreaming of you whacking in a 25 yard thunderbolt into the Colchester net to win the World Club Cup it's vital that you're wearing the right shirt. Lifting the cup with space rockets on your jimjams just doesn't cut it.

I’d imagine the lack of a club shop has something to do with it.

Once it reopens, and fans are allowed back into the stadium, I’d expect the sales to increase.
do we know when work on the club shop is starting? When I got me ST’s they told me nothing has been done in there yet

be nice if they would update their website - still says the kits are on pre-order and there’s no training wear or leisurewear - infact nothing other than kit pre-orders.

you’d think with behind closed doors that they’d be a bit more effort from the club in vital revenue streams to get this off the ground quickly.
It's not the clubs income, they've sold the rights to Hummel and the store is my understanding?

It’s not Hummel - it’s a company called Elite Group. They do Charlton, Coventry and used to do Rangers. From what I gather from my Coventry supporting mate is that they are a third party and will run the shop. Assume club will make % on every sale, could be wrong.
Judging by comments, one one hand great it’s a bespoke kit, on the other hand they seem to lack on the customer service side or stock.
It’s similar to just sport who used to run the shop

we make on it and store sales like always. However when the shop opens is anyone’s guess

Thanks for posting this link Naps, for the benefit of those that haven't seen this I'm posting the article in it's entirety here:

A message from Elite Group UK/Hummel regarding kit sales & delivery updates...

"Due to the late addition of Southend to our portfolio and the COVID restrictions, we have only been able to get 30% of the retail stock orders delivered so far.
"The new kits have been extremely popular and the unprecedented demand on pre-orders for them has outstripped the stock supplied so far, so we now have a shortage. The fans who were expecting to receive their order w/c 7 September as originally stipulated on our online store will possibly now not receive their order until around w/c 12 October.

"We have another 30% coming by air which is at the decoration facility and should be available next week but the remaining 40% by sea is not due to dock until 5 October.
"These will still need to go to the decoration facility to have the sponsor applied and then go to our warehouse before we can get any stock out to store or fans.
"Elite Group UK apologise for the inconvenience caused but in these unprecedented times, overseas deliveries are naturally delayed due to COVID restrictions."
As the club’s technical kit provider, the shop is a separate entity to the club and any questions raised would need to go direct to Elite Group UK.
For an update on your order please fill in the ‘contact us’ page on the shop website here: https://www.southendutdstore.com/page/contactus.html
This is the only place that has information on your order and can provide a swift update.

Thanks for posting this link Naps, for the benefit of those that haven't seen this I'm posting the article in it's entirety here:

A message from Elite Group UK/Hummel regarding kit sales & delivery updates...

"Due to the late addition of Southend to our portfolio and the COVID restrictions, we have only been able to get 30% of the retail stock orders delivered so far.
"The new kits have been extremely popular and the unprecedented demand on pre-orders for them has outstripped the stock supplied so far, so we now have a shortage. The fans who were expecting to receive their order w/c 7 September as originally stipulated on our online store will possibly now not receive their order until around w/c 12 October.

"We have another 30% coming by air which is at the decoration facility and should be available next week but the remaining 40% by sea is not due to dock until 5 October.
"These will still need to go to the decoration facility to have the sponsor applied and then go to our warehouse before we can get any stock out to store or fans.
"Elite Group UK apologise for the inconvenience caused but in these unprecedented times, overseas deliveries are naturally delayed due to COVID restrictions."
As the club’s technical kit provider, the shop is a separate entity to the club and any questions raised would need to go direct to Elite Group UK.
For an update on your order please fill in the ‘contact us’ page on the shop website here: https://www.southendutdstore.com/page/contactus.html
This is the only place that has information on your order and can provide a swift update.

for those who have had to wait ages the club should be offering something in compensation not just an apology later its incompent to order such little stock

for those who have had to wait ages the club should be offering something in compensation not just an apology later its incompent to order such little stock

?

Yeah, don’t worry about the half a mil we owe to HMRC, we must prioritise the compensation for grown adults whose t-shirts haven’t arrived in a swift manner

Last edited:
I think how it works is Hummel pay the club royalties on what is sold, so they are responsible for it all and the club just pocket a percentage. So we dont get the money and hand them anything from sales etc

Back