• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hummel

I am aghast as to how many on her seem to be on the verge of orgasm over something so trivial.:Stunned: (Where' the tin hat symbol.)
Am I missing something here @Gt Yarmouth Shrimper, or should there be an 'e' on the end of the word between 'on and 'seem' above? At the moment it reads a bit seedy.

We won’t ever get yellow as part of our home kit, as it’s associated to Vic Jobson. It’s always navy blue & white.

Just had the club e mail with 70 % off what looks like the clear out of existing stock .Quite tempted apart from the jinxed kit this year.....but will we be in Navy next season if I buy some of it. Favourite kit was always the deep almost black navy of the late 60s followed by the Dave Smith era blue,white and red.
Is it time for a colour change and re brand as blue doesn't seem to be a lucky colour in our history?

Just had the club e mail with 70 % off what looks like the clear out of existing stock .Quite tempted apart from the jinxed kit this year.....but will we be in Navy next season if I buy some of it. Favourite kit was always the deep almost black navy of the late 60s followed by the Dave Smith era blue,white and red.
Is it time for a colour change and re brand as blue doesn't seem to be a lucky colour in our history?

Okay, your real identity is Vincent Tan. What do I win?

Okay, your real identity is Vincent Tan. What do I win?
We did try all white one season I believe around 1960 and let's not forget the yellow shorts were a total shock in the 80s.....as this photo shows you can change the colour of your favourite shirt without upsetting peopleFB_IMG_1588193278691.jpg

We did try all white one season I believe around 1960 and let's not forget the yellow shorts were a total shock in the 80s.....as this photo shows you can change the colour of your favourite shirt without upsetting peopleView attachment 12071
I'd be upset if we had Rod Stewart in our most traditional kit ever!

And your photo proves nothing because it was the usual QPR kit but somebody forgot to stick the white hoops on.

From my brief check on the club shop all that seems available is either boys or XXL sizes.

Also ! I'm praying we have a white and blue away kit next season ! I'm still in love with the away kit from the championship

We haven't had a paying sponsor on our shirts since the 2013/4 season, and that was the last year of a company that started sponsoring us in 2006 so I don't think that there is a queue forming. Morality aside we did well to get Paddy Power but we were part of a bigger marketing ploy, not the focal point.

We have had a paying sponsor on the back of the shirt. One that has also sponsored the south stand and the centre circle lounge. Not a small sponsorship and a true Southend United fan.

We have had a paying sponsor on the back of the shirt. One that has also sponsored the south stand and the centre circle lounge. Not a small sponsorship and a true Southend United fan.
also Seetec on the back of the shorts and the warm up gear, I meant front of shirt sponsor

also Seetec on the back of the shorts and the warm up gear, I meant front of shirt sponsor
Yeah sorry on reflection I wasn't very clear on my point. My point was that we are securing good sponsorship deals and there has been good reasoning behind not selling the front of shirt sponsors, MD was so that Ron could get our wage allowance up so we were within financial rules. The prostate cancer sponsorship I think had something to do with getting a closer relationship with the council and forwarding the stadium plans. There was a fundraising special Q&A with Ron and Chris Powell for prostate cancer and the Mayor was there as she was/is a patron of the charity. It seemed like they were forming very close ties and she was extremely grateful for the money that was raised on the night. I think we do have a decent commercial dept that can sell what is available, I suspect the front of the shirt has not always been there to sell though.

Back