• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Humphrys leaves for Rochdale

I would expect him to have an another relegation as Rochdale is one of the weakest side in League 1, won’t be long before we play against him or we swap league if we somehow made it back up ?

Last edited:
You mean he only performed when he was fit and not suffering from two serious injuries?

Even before his injuries he was patchy. Thats why Fulham did that deal....He has all the tools but we may never see them.

I am 100% certain the rest of the team will be better for it. Not slagging him as a person but his game spoils others.

Last edited:
To be honest with rumours of five clubs sniffing around I’m really surprised the best offer we could get was from Rochdale. Assuming we’ll have a large sell on % as their bid won’t be much.

Might have a fiver on Humphrys top scorer. Think a happy Humphrys might do some damage in this league. I'm pretty sure Eoin Doyle will outscore everyone but at 40/1 reckon Ste is worth a punt. Akinola is a definite downgrade but we were relegated so that is to be expected

Rochdale is very close to where he grew up in Oldham, so maybe that is part of the reason he is going back up that way. A sell on fee could be worth much more than an initial sum if he does really well, look at Exeter!

Players move on in football, we can either be grown ups and wish him the best for some great memories, or be spoilt brats by slagging him off for whatever agenda you have.
For me he was never the same after that horrendous facial injury, and that is understandable, but I wish I could have seen him in a a motivated squad
I'm not bothered by his departure at all, onwards and upwards,

Last edited:
Might have a fiver on Humphrys top scorer. Think a happy Humphrys might do some damage in this league. I'm pretty sure Eoin Doyle will outscore everyone but at 40/1 reckon Ste is worth a punt. Akinola is a definite downgrade but we were relegated so that is to be expected
Hold on a minute - you'll need to wait for him to be priced for League 1!

Best wishes to him, absolutely no hard feelings here. Will always be grateful for giving us one of the best end of season "non promotion" celebrations.
Quite right OBL - a class player signed by Chris Powell. The player then lost the manager who signed him to successive fruitcakes & had horrendous injuries which he has courageously recovered from. Good luck to him he should go with our best wishes.

It’s 30% and they are not overly rich, yes rich owners, but they cannot just throw money in the club. Look at athe amount of loan deals they are looking at this summer, thats to rote the them in the case (maybe likely) that they go down

They are in better shape than us I would agree, and you never know they may waive all or part of out, but they certainly are not a rich club in the way others are
Just because they’re on loan doesn’t mean they’re cheap. The money they get from Humphrys won’t even pay the wages for Areola, who they’ve signed on loan from PSG, for one week. So i really don’t think the money will be of any significance to them. Even so, I doubt they’d forego the fee.

Just because they’re on loan doesn’t mean they’re cheap. The money they get from Humphrys won’t even pay the wages for Areola, who they’ve signed on loan from PSG, for one week. So i really don’t think the money will be of any significance to them. Even so, I doubt they’d forego the fee.
the loan fees they are paying are around the 1.5 million mark, as for the wages fair call but they are not a rich club that was my point.

And they have in the past not taken fees like that, was different owners back then.

I used to work there hence I Know this

I wish him well but ( and not sour grapes as he’s left ) I never saw anything in him as a player.
Only young , so may change , but body language , effort and constantly slowing down any attack were all big negatives for me.

Two if's from me...

IF we got £250k for Humphrys I would be surprised considering clubs know our financial situation and clubs clearly know Humphrys wants to leave. Two factors that play against us tremendously. But Ron is a savvy negotiator. I'm still a little bit impressed he got £750k for Leonard.

IF there is anybody that somehow still thinks promotion is achievable, I've read a few posts that have said this, you need to seriously manage your expectations from this point on. I know the transfer window is open longer and there are more free agents than usual but it will be difficult to get the right players to be able to do that.

It's very similar to PS when he came in and how his hands were tide. There's something I really love about that squad, and there were some good players in it, but there were also some real donkeys. It makes me think of when you were picking teams on the school playground for some reason.

Two if's from me...

IF we got £250k for Humphrys I would be surprised considering clubs know our financial situation and clubs clearly know Humphrys wants to leave. Two factors that play against us tremendously. But Ron is a savvy negotiator. I'm still a little bit impressed he got £750k for Leonard.

IF there is anybody that somehow still thinks promotion is achievable, I've read a few posts that have said this, you need to seriously manage your expectations from this point on. I know the transfer window is open longer and there are more free agents than usual but it will be difficult to get the right players to be able to do that.

It's very similar to PS when he came in and how his hands were tide. There's something I really love about that squad, and there were some good players in it, but there were also some real donkeys. It makes me think of when you were picking teams on the school playground for some reason.

He did "wave" a lot

Back