• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Humphrys

I think when he signed he insisted on a relegation clause inserted in his contract, rumour is he is off to Sunderland after that clause came into effect

I think when he signed he insisted on a relegation clause inserted in his contract, rumour is he is off to Sunderland after that clause came into effect

Such a shame, he is a top player. Don’t think he was in Sol’s plans though.

Such a shame, he is a top player. Don’t think he was in Sol’s plans though.
I agree at this level he had all the attributes to be a good player, I worked at one of his previous clubs and they said the same but just he was a little lazy and thats why he was let go.

Football is all about opinions but I never saw anything in him to make me think he was a player I wanted us to keep - i will always be grateful though for ‘that’ goal and I wish him well for the future

Suspect we'll find out released players this week

It’ll be interesting who is retained. I could imagine another huge clear out to get rid of those on the larger league one contracts.

If this is true why did the club reject a 6 figure some on transfer deadline day however accepted to sell Hopper for them same reasons?

If this is true why did the club reject a 6 figure some on transfer deadline day however accepted to sell Hopper for them same reasons?
Perhaps they only wanted to sell one as we couldn’t sign anyone? Or perhaps the amount wasnt enough. I don’t work for the club just saying what is being said after his tweet

Football is all about wrong opinions but I never saw anything in him to make me think he was a player I wanted us to keep - i will always be grateful though for ‘that’ goal and I wish him well for the future

Edited for accuracy.

The only thing I can think of, is that as he's under 24 it would go to a tribunal and so we'd still be entitled to a fee - and more importantly a sell-on.

The only thing I can think of, is that as he's under 24 it would go to a tribunal and so we'd still be entitled to a fee - and more importantly a sell-on.

That will be handy but it will more than likely be a paltry sum that makes no dent

the rumour came from transfer centre 9 on Twitter which is known for throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks, If there is a relegation release clause in this contract I would be surprised bearing in mind the trouble we were in when he signed for us.

I have always felt that he could do a bit more with his considerable talent and maybe he will move on, given his injury history and his drop off after the big one he suffered he may well struggle.

there is also the sunderland thing, why do people think they have the money to spend on new players? they are in more debt than we are with a much bigger wage bill and no fans to pay it

the rumour came from transfer centre 9 on Twitter which is known for throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks, If there is a relegation release clause in this contract I would be surprised bearing in mind the trouble we were in when he signed for us.

I have always felt that he could do a bit more with his considerable talent and maybe he will move on, given his injury history and his drop off after the big one he suffered he may well struggle.

there is also the sunderland thing, why do people think they have the money to spend on new players? they are in more debt than we are with a much bigger wage bill and no fans to pay it
As i said earlier only putting on what was being banded around

Back