• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Humphrys

the rumour came from transfer centre 9 on Twitter which is known for throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks, If there is a relegation release clause in this contract I would be surprised bearing in mind the trouble we were in when he signed for us.

I have always felt that he could do a bit more with his considerable talent and maybe he will move on, given his injury history and his drop off after the big one he suffered he may well struggle.

there is also the sunderland thing, why do people think they have the money to spend on new players? they are in more debt than we are with a much bigger wage bill and no fans to pay it

They'll be shedding their wage bill and looking to replace their players with much cheaper options. I'm not saying that would be Humprhys but if they replace their current forward with him that would be a huge cost saving for them.

Good riddance tbh. Big earner who undoubtedly has good tekkers. But for me especially since his injuries...which were horrific to be fair he just hasn't even looked interested. Sloped around...**** poor first touch most of the time. Cheer for the Sunderland goal and all that but offered naff all for most of the season.

Won't be long before we see Sol being accused of be responsible for everything from global warming to the Arab spring..

I really don't understand this hatred for Humphreys.

He played really well last season until he was badly injured bravely challenging for a 40/60 ball and winning us a point that helped keep us up. Yes I was there and I saw it for myself.

He then came back into the team at personal danger before he should have done to win us the game against Sunderland and keep us up.

He starred in two of our better attacking performances scoring super goals at Wycombe and Shrewsbury. Terrible mistakes by most of the defence and in particular Milligan (Wycombe) and Elvis (Shrewsbury) cost us the points in those games - certainly not Humphreys.

Now he's injured. His fault?

Direct your ire in the direction it should go if you must but it certainly shouldn't be at Humphreys.
I dont have an axe to grind with SH at all, I know why Fulham let him go and I have said that on here before.

I wish he could have pout it all together for us but sadly he hasn’t, he has it all but maybe not the work ethic needed. I wish him all the best, if he hadn’t of had the injuries we may have seen more of the player he wants to be.

As for SH leaving, i have been asking around and have been told that he does have a clause in his contract and is almost certain to leave and sign for Sunderland.

Back