• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Humphrys

possibly Sol said your spending far too much time podcasting, on your play station and I know this from your social media pages.

I do say this in jest

Last edited:
I've seen nothing from any of the players on Twitter. He's hardly alone, and they're all wise to keep their heads down.

Maybe he could be the first one out the door, his injured and sol doesn’t need injured players taking up the wage bill.

Given what happened with Harry Lennon and Sol's general clampdown on fitness and discipline, I'm not overly surprised.

Powell did describe him as a maverick when we signed him. I hope there isn’t a problem because he’s clearly got ability, but he hasn’t been able to show it for whatever reason this season.

I have no idea why footballers have social media profiles. Asking for trouble.

Sol said yesterday that he'll be back in 10-14 days. He also said he'd make a big difference.

Powell did describe him as a maverick when we signed him. I hope there isn’t a problem because he’s clearly got ability, but he hasn’t been able to show it for whatever reason this season.

Probably having the worst midfield in the football league behind him offering him zero service

This is a young man with huge potential, big,strong, lightning fast over 50yards, good with his head, howitzer shot. He could be a lower league Steve Bull reincarnated IF he puts the work in, becomes a team player, grows up.
All down to him, IF he wants it with us or IF he fancies a fat signing on fee with a team up the league(s).
Fulham have hefty sell on clause.

I used to play with a kid in our junior school team and he was ok at scoring goals at that level. His nickname was 'GoalHanger' because his only contribution was to get the ball, head down and dribble towards goal and shoot. His goal ratio was about 1 in 4 attempts. ****ed off most of the team because he wouldn't pass to a team mate. I don't know what made me think of that after reading this thread, it's a bit strange isn't it?

Humphrys, like most of them, will be looking for an out in January. The rats will leave the sinking ship, and good ****ing riddance to most of them.

Humphrys, like most of them, will be looking for an out in January. The rats will leave the sinking ship, and good ****ing riddance to most of them.
How is Humphrys a rat? This is the man who repeatedly played with a shattered face, scored the winner to save us last season, is our topscorer this season despite injuries meaning he hasn't played as many as others.

He has a lot of work to do off the ball to improve, but a rat? Really?

Unless you know something else has happened here, then please enlighten me.

How is Humphrys a rat? This is the man who repeatedly played with a shattered face, scored the winner to save us last season, is our topscorer this season despite injuries meaning he hasn't played as many as others.

He has a lot of work to do off the ball to improve, but a rat? Really?

Unless you know something else has happened here, then please enlighten me.

Just a saying MS, apologies to SH if it came across that way. One of the very few I'd be happy to hang onto it. But I think he'd be onto his agent to get him away. He won't fancy Lg2 wages.

I really don't understand this hatred for Humphreys.

He played really well last season until he was badly injured bravely challenging for a 40/60 ball and winning us a point that helped keep us up. Yes I was there and I saw it for myself.

He then came back into the team at personal danger before he should have done to win us the game against Sunderland and keep us up.

He starred in two of our better attacking performances scoring super goals at Wycombe and Shrewsbury. Terrible mistakes by most of the defence and in particular Milligan (Wycombe) and Elvis (Shrewsbury) cost us the points in those games - certainly not Humphreys.

Now he's injured. His fault?

Direct your ire in the direction it should go if you must but it certainly shouldn't be at Humphreys.

Back