• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fair point, AND the starting 11 go through a much better, proper warm up routine than any sub does so maybe there is more risk as coming on as sub with cold muscles/ligaments etc.

True but Hunt got a right clattering from behind although he was turned sideways. For some reason the ref never cautioned the defender. Not sure how a warm up would have saved him. He could well have made himself a target after his early season performances.

To be fair I think MrsBlues whole year has been totally ruined already by Brown and team having so much success!

You seem obscessed with me,you only ever come on here to have a dig,you offer nothing else,shame!

True but Hunt got a right clattering from behind although he was turned sideways. For some reason the ref never cautioned the defender. Not sure how a warm up would have saved him. He could well have made himself a target after his early season performances.
Muscles and tissue/ligaments etc are a bit similar to "blue tac" in that when warmed up they can stretch /be more elastic without the strain/damage/tears that can happen when cold. I didn't see the clattering he got but the current favoured blade stud boot is responsible for the greater grip, less slip and so part of the reason for some injuries to. On a positive that type of injury, from an incident is less worrying than a re-occurrence of old troubles so when fit he (HUNT) won't be at risk of a repetition (unless something similar happens).

Back for Bradford, injured again, back against Col U to score the winner in a 2-1 :thumbsup:

Then, sometime in January... injured again...

I know it Xmas and we are all supposed to be nice, but I would consider it something of a disappointment if we only stuffed 2 past them, unless they bring in defenders on loan before 26th.

Not at all,Hunt is quality no question of that whatsoever,sadly he is injury prone which we all knew about before he signed here,would rather be cheering him from the stand than typing the inevitable about him sadly.

As we have gone through many times before the facts get in the way of the argument about him being particularly injury prone- but let's put that to one side as I think we will all agree he's a quality player and a prolonged run in the side is more likely to see us moving up the table than down.

As we have gone through many times before the facts get in the way of the argument about him being particularly injury prone- but let's put that to one side as I think we will all agree he's a quality player and a prolonged run in the side is more likely to see us moving up the table than down.

I agree he is a very good player BUT he collected bad knocks at Dunfermline ,Leeds,Ipswich and us.Both Leeds and Ipswich released him,it is what it is.

If you hadn't noticed we are a third-tier football club, and a new one at that. The only reason we could get someone of the calibre of Noel Hunt was his injury record. It was a gamble that could still pay off. If he wasn't injury-prone, he'd still be a Championship player.

Timlin and Deegan set to return for the Millwall game as well according to the Echo.

If you hadn't noticed we are a third-tier football club, and a new one at that. The only reason we could get someone of the calibre of Noel Hunt was his injury record. It was a gamble that could still pay off. If he wasn't injury-prone, he'd still be a Championship player.

The marquee signings rarely bear fruit for us,fleeting glimpses then the big fade out and these guys are not earning pennies but they are the top earners.Whenever we sign these guys this board has one big love in without the majority caring about these same guys recent records.

If I'd of been Ron I want have run a mile from this deal but maybe Ron loves this guys for other means.

Forgive my ignorance but I thought a marquee was a very large tent structure used for occasions such as weddings or (in the old days) the circus.

Have I missed something? Or is this news about the dome being erected?

I agree he is a very good player BUT he collected bad knocks at Dunfermline ,Leeds,Ipswich and us.Both Leeds and Ipswich released him,it is what it is.

If you go back over a period of 12 years all players get knocks- and probably at least one bad injury irrespective of whether they are 21 or 31.

Since the 03-04 season at Dunfermline Noel Hunt has actually played in 360 matches (this excludes games where he was fit and not selected, or an unused sub- suspect given he was part of large Championship and Premiership squads that would amount to a fair few occasions at Reading. To that add 8 international appearances.

Even allowing for this 360 appearances in 12 seasons is 30 games a season

Average games per season
3 years Dunfermline 30 (they don't play so many games)
2 years Dundee 37.5 (as above)
5 years Reading 32 (big squad, top two flights, often unused sub or fit but rested)
2 years Leeds/Ipswich 17 (one period of extended injury in 2013 having been a regular for the first two months prior but also on occasion out of favour, unused sub and being made available for loan - went to Ipswich on loan then permanently- first loan to Ipswich 4 games in 5 weeks, then permanent at Ipswich 8 games in 4 months)

So in fact its really the one bad injury he got at Leeds that kept him our from Oct 13 to the end of the 13/14 season. Other than that pretty good. BTW Coker, Timlin for example have had similar extended lay offs with singular injuries

If you look at the current Southend squad and consider how many have averaged over 30 games a season its a minority- that does not make the majority of our squad injury prone.

The trouble is once the label is provided and its not challenged it becomes fact. Not a criticism as many have the same perception.

Agreed Kentblues :thumbsup: - I don't see Hunt as being an injury prone player. All players can have a run of bad luck and as another poster said it does not seem to be the same injury reoccurring either (which is another consideration).

You mention Timlin in your post - he has had some injury worries but I don't see Tims being labelled as injury prone.

Agreed Kentblues :thumbsup: - I don't see Hunt as being an injury prone player. All players can have a run of bad luck and as another poster said it does not seem to be the same injury reoccurring either (which is another consideration).

You mention Timlin in your post - he has had some injury worries but I don't see Tims being labelled as injury prone.

Tims is injury prone, fact, end of.................:smiles:

If you go back over a period of 12 years all players get knocks- and probably at least one bad injury irrespective of whether they are 21 or 31.

Since the 03-04 season at Dunfermline Noel Hunt has actually played in 360 matches (this excludes games where he was fit and not selected, or an unused sub- suspect given he was part of large Championship and Premiership squads that would amount to a fair few occasions at Reading. To that add 8 international appearances.

Even allowing for this 360 appearances in 12 seasons is 30 games a season

Average games per season
3 years Dunfermline 30 (they don't play so many games)
2 years Dundee 37.5 (as above)
5 years Reading 32 (big squad, top two flights, often unused sub or fit but rested)
2 years Leeds/Ipswich 17 (one period of extended injury in 2013 having been a regular for the first two months prior but also on occasion out of favour, unused sub and being made available for loan - went to Ipswich on loan then permanently- first loan to Ipswich 4 games in 5 weeks, then permanent at Ipswich 8 games in 4 months)

So in fact its really the one bad injury he got at Leeds that kept him our from Oct 13 to the end of the 13/14 season. Other than that pretty good. BTW Coker, Timlin for example have had similar extended lay offs with singular injuries

If you look at the current Southend squad and consider how many have averaged over 30 games a season its a minority- that does not make the majority of our squad injury prone.

The trouble is once the label is provided and its not challenged it becomes fact. Not a criticism as many have the same perception.

42 appearances in the last 2 and a half seasons,not checked but I reckon the max games during this period would have been 125,so whatever reason he missed two thirds of those games.

42 appearances in the last 2 and a half seasons,not checked but I reckon the max games during this period would have been 125,so whatever reason he missed two thirds of those games.

One significant injury from Oct 13- July 14 is the primary reason, its just that it does not make him injury prone any more than it does Tims or Coker because they had long layoffs for a single bad injury.

The really good thing is that there is as far as I can see pretty universal agreement that it will be great to have him back :-)

Excellent - we just need a few more people to post the same and it will be fact. End of. Bell end. Fact times two.

Surely it would be much better to let the expert post on every possible thread. Then it will be fact and he will have been proved right all along

Surely it would be much better to let the expert post on every possible thread. Then it will be fact and he will have been proved right all along

:hilarious::hilarious:Stop being hysterical Riggers and go run your business (good business coz you spend a lot of time on here):hilarious:

Back