• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hysteria!

Fat Bastid

Coach
Having been away from the board for the last few days I cannot believe the total hysteria from some fans on this board!

OK, we are likely to lose Maher, Cort and Warren having lost Constantine. Big deal!

Constantine had a "One off" season and will be lucky to score 10 next year with The Posh. Stick him in the six yard box, one-on-one and he was cr*p! Most of his goals were long range efforts.

Maher, seems to go from good to bad and return to good again. Just remember, not long ago a high proportion of fans gave him hell because of poor performances. Who can guarantee next season will not be a poor one again?

Cort, did not have the best of seasons, did he?

Warren, nice chap, too many injuries and was not always impressive.

Overall, the above players were inconsistant to say the least, but Maher was the least inconsistant.

In summary, we may well lose all the above players but don't panic!!!

Tilson has an eye for a good player and will sign better replacements!

Stop this wrist slitting hysteria for christs sake!

Absolute Joke of a post...

he had a one off season...that is not a fact... you cannot say that he will only get 10 goals next year and to score 25 goals is hardly luck?

Leon Cort was quiet at the start of the season and simply got better and better towards the end of the season. Just because he didn't bag hatfuls of goals doesn't mean he had a bad season!

Maher seemed to get slack because of his poor free kicks and then others started to have a go at him for other matters such as his captaincy. Didn't see us doing too bad when Tilson come in. I think you have to realise that most of the team had a hard time under Wignall! Maher was player of the season in the last half of the season he dominated the middle of the park.

Mark Warren has also improved throughout the season and to see him with Cort next year would be great! The fans have taken a liking to him also.

Ofcourse if we lost them I wouldn't panic as you put it but I would be concerned! 2 solid central defenders, a leader in the middle of the park who can play a higher level of football than division 3 and a striker who was up amongst the top scorers in the league..

Hysteria MY ARSE
mad.gif

Fantastic!,i am so glad we have kept the likes of Che Wilson and Drewe Broughton, can"t wait!

Fully agree with your comments apart from Warren. Had an indifferent start for us but I think the sending off at Canvey was a turning point for him.

You are right though; it is not the end of the world if he goes but I won't forget one of his greatest games for us in the home leg vs Col Ewe in the LDV.

Cort seems to have a bit of the Rawle factor in him. He only needs to put on a shirt and people go crazy. He has not exactly had the greatest of seasons.

Constantine has gone so why the debate still goes on baffles me.

I hope Maher thinks long and hard before making any decision to leave. Out of the four he will be the hardest to replace. Bentley isn't consistent enough (yet), Smith is an attacking midfielder and I'm not convinced Pettefer could hold the middle of the park.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]he had a one off season...that is not a fact... you cannot say that he will only get 10 goals next year and to score 25 goals is hardly luck?

Actually, as things stand, that IS a fact.

Whether it remains a fact depends on how Leon fares at Peterboro.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 25 2004,08:35)]Absolute Joke of a post...

he had a one off season...that is not a fact... you cannot say that he will only get 10 goals next year and to score 25 goals is hardly luck?

Leon Cort - Just because he didn't bag hatfuls of goals doesn't mean he had a bad season!

Of course if we lost them I wouldn't panic as you put it but I would be concerned! 2 solid central defenders, a leader in the middle of the park who can play a higher level of football than division 3 and a striker who was up amongst the top scorers in the league..

Hysteria MY ARSE  
mad.gif
Joke of a post, eh?

Just wake up and smell the roses!

Constantine will be in a different team, with different style of play and up against far superior opposition next year.  He is not a proven scorer so is WAS a one-off season.  See you in May 2005 and we will see who is right!  Nuff said.

Cort, did I mention anything about goals?  The number of occasions he "Fouled up" this season was way too high!  Just look at our goal difference and goals against and tell me our defence was good enough!  Solid central defence - I don't think so!

Don't take it all so personally as all I am saying is some people should quit the panic and wait and see what happens!

We will be a far better squad next term, with or without the above players.

I wouldn't advocate panic, but it is a shame that, after last summer's rebuilding project, it looks like we can't keep the squad together as much as we'd like.

What we need is stability. I think we could have done well keeping the likes of Connie, Cort, Maher, Warren etc together... but now we'll have to see:

1. Who actually leaves

2. Who Tilly gets to replace them

I trust Tilly's judgement in players. He will get some wrong... but he'll get more right (IMO).

[b said:

Leon Cort was quiet at the start of the season and simply got better and better towards the end of the season. Just because he didn't bag hatfuls of goals doesn't mean he had a bad season!

Maher seemed to get slack because of his poor free kicks and then others started to have a go at him for other matters such as his captaincy. Didn't see us doing too bad when Tilson come in. I think you have to realise that most of the team had a hard time under Wignall! Maher was player of the season in the last half of the season he dominated the middle of the park.

Mark Warren has also improved throughout the season and to see him with Cort next year would be great! The fans have taken a liking to him also.

Ofcourse if we lost them I wouldn't panic as you put it but I would be concerned! 2 solid central defenders, a leader in the middle of the park who can play a higher level of football than division 3 and a striker who was up amongst the top scorers in the league..

Hysteria MY ARSE  
mad.gif

Millwall           0 goals  1 sub appearence
Leyton Orient 3 goals   9+1 sub
Partick           0 goals   3
Brentford       0 goals   2+15 sub
Southend      25 goals  48+5 sub

1 season wonder <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Fact</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShrimperJim @ May 25 2004,09:40)]
[b said:

Hysteria MY ARSE  
mad.gif

Millwall           0 goals  1 sub appearence
Leyton Orient 3 goals   9+1 sub
Partick           0 goals   3
Brentford       0 goals   2+15 sub
Southend      25 goals  48+5 sub

1 season wonder <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Fact</span>
well he said that he won't do it again and that isn't a fact..

i know so far it is a fact yes but the statement he won't do it again and struggle to get 10 goals is incorrect.

I think he&#39;ll struggle, as he did with Brentford, 15 sub appearences and not even a goal.

Our team didn&#39;t revolve around Constantine, and we won&#39;t miss him. At least now we might get someone who will score goals and tackle defenders.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ May 25 2004,09:13)]
[b said:

Leon Cort - Just because he didn't bag hatfuls of goals doesn't mean he had a bad season!

Of course if we lost them I wouldn't panic as you put it but I would be concerned! 2 solid central defenders, a leader in the middle of the park who can play a higher level of football than division 3 and a striker who was up amongst the top scorers in the league..

Hysteria MY ARSE  
mad.gif
Joke of a post, eh?

Just wake up and smell the roses!

Constantine will be in a different team, with different style of play and up against far superior opposition next year.  He is not a proven scorer so is WAS a one-off season.  See you in May 2005 and we will see who is right!  Nuff said.

Cort, did I mention anything about goals?  The number of occasions he "Fouled up" this season was way too high!  Just look at our goal difference and goals against and tell me our defence was good enough!  Solid central defence - I don't think so!

Don't take it all so personally as all I am saying is some people should quit the panic and wait and see what happens!

We will be a far better squad next term, with or without the above players.
Look at all the set-pieces we've conceded this year. Flavs and Cort have to go they are decent players, but we can't keep on leaking these set-pieces it is ridiculous. I don't know when Cort forgot how to head, but we need a good keeper if we want a chance.

We scored 2 goals away to Northampton and drew at home Hull 2 goals drew we can't do that sought of thing next season.

Back