• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've got a great idea for a film...

seany t

President
Imagine the scene. A club, once on the verge of the football Elite has freefallen down the leagues and is mere games away from relegation.

An ex-player comes along and takes over in his first high profile managerial role. The sceptics are out in force, the fans are behind him for old times sake, but no one expects the following events:

Saved from relegation, the teams first ever cup final (two years in a row), a striker snatched from obscurity who scores a hat-trick on his debut, birthday and becomes a superstar in mere weeks, two successive promotions, a former legend gracing the team with his final season. the rise of one of the most naturally gifted managers the clubs ever seen...

trouble is, everyone would say its far too unrealistic eh?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ May 11 2006,12:55)]Terry Alderton can play the Goalie.....
Really? I was thinking some sort of dwarf.

oops.gif

Having starred in a few films myself, I might have been interested in playing the part of Darryl Flahavan. While my stature and jedi-reflexes would be perfect for the role, I've probably become a little typecast.

Sounds about as plausible as those awful Stallone boxing films - no one would go for it.

wow.gif

Danny Dyer as Darryl Flahavan
Ewen Bremner as Freddy Eastwood
Jason Statham as Adam Barrett
Eddie Jemison as Che Wilson
Sean Astin as Mark Gower
Don Cheadle as Shaun Goater
Jim Carrey as Duncan Jupp
Robbie Gee as Wayne Gray
Jason Flemyng as Spencer Prior
Shane West as Like Guttridge

ermm ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ May 11 2006,13:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ May 11 2006,13:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ May 11 2006,12:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ May 11 2006,12:55)]Terry Alderton can play the Goalie.....
Really? I was thinking some sort of dwarf.

oops.gif
FRODO%202.jpg

Darryl?

rock.gif
laugh.gif

Perfecto!
Yuk! That photo scare the Bejesus out of me, it's like 'Children of the Corn' meets 'Lord of the Rings'.

Was it taken in in the fields near Wakering or somethin'?
That kid looks pure evil.  
devil.gif

devil.gif

devil.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seany t @ May 11 2006,12:46)]Imagine the scene. A club, once on the verge of the football Elite has freefallen down the leagues and is mere games away from relegation.

An ex-player comes along and takes over in his first high profile managerial role. The sceptics are out in force, the fans are behind him for old times sake, but no one expects the following events:

Saved from relegation, the teams first ever cup final (two years in a row), a striker snatched from obscurity who scores a hat-trick on his debut, birthday and becomes a superstar in mere weeks, two successive promotions, a former legend gracing the team with his final season. the rise of one of the most naturally gifted managers the clubs ever seen...

trouble is, everyone would say its far too unrealistic eh?
Don't be silly. That would never happen!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bluesmanager @ May 11 2006,20:28)]When was the last time a good actor could also play football? And it sounnds a little too much like GOAL! to me. Or Dream Team for that matter.

But yes, I'd love to see that.
Good job you didn't take it too seriously...
oops.gif

Back