• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
Just gonna put some reflections on the game/day out:

-> I couldn't persuade anyone to go so I knew it could get a bit hairy. Didn't help that every train I went on stopped sporadically and became late, not to mention them cancelling my train from New Street.

-> The directions to the ground I got from a recommended website sucked balls. Only if there was a second more discrete exit might they have been right. As a result, I had to run through town heading towards where I thought the ground should be

-> I only saw the last twenty five minutes of the first half and it was pretty uninspiring stuff. Rogers was the only player on the pitch capable of producing anything.

-> Our best spell was from half time to the goal and about five minutes after, up to the point where Hunt came within inches of taking the lead. After that the game fizzled out.

-> The ref was terrible.

-> Wayne Gray worked so hard today and deserves all the plaudits. He's also starting to look like he might be able to play a bit. Good signing? Still a lot to do but a lot more promising.

-> Hunt played well today. Tried to play box-to-box as best as he could on a heavy pitch. Certainly looked the most creative

-> Gower got in to a lot of good positions but, unusually, couldn't produce any quality at the end. Did well in the build up to the goal. The ball in by Petts was top drawer. Why can't he do that more consistently?

-> Freddy: Well, I had a feeling my appearance might jinx him and the first half miss was a bit of a shocker. Still, linked up well with Gray and tried to take people on. Surprisingly good at holding the ball up. I think defenders will find him difficult to mark and he's probably better than our current lot. Not sure he's £100K better though.

-> Shrewsbury: Looked better than Cambridge and Kidderminster. Should stay up but not by much.

-> Soulwax were very good. Their new stuff being almost as well received as timeless classics as Too Many DJs and Much Against Everyone's Advice.

Back