• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
RM did say that with the Wembley money coming in we would break even this season..I don't know how much we took or get from ticket sales but if we sold 31,000 and had say £10 out of each ticket that is 310k.The merchandise must of raked in 50k. There must also of been at least 1000 new season ticket renewals at £350 so that is another 350k.

I am taking the worse figures possible here but that adds up to 710k, so why are we 2 weeks late in paying players and owning monies elsewhere that keeps us under an Umbongo.

Where on earth has all that money gone to leave us in such a state pre-season?

RM did say that with the Wembley money coming in we would break even this season..I don't know how much we took or get from ticket sales but if we sold 31.000 and had say £10 out of each ticket that is 310k.The merchandise must of raked in 50k There must also of been at least 1000 new season ticket renewals at £350 so that is another 350k.

I am taking the worse figures possible here but that adds up to 710k, so why are we 2 weeks late in paying players and owning monies elsewhere that keeps us under an Umbongo.

The 6 months wages Brown demanded up front.

We may have sold 31,000 but we don't keep all of it as we split it with Crewe.

On top of that money going we have also had to get more money from good old Sainsbury's in to cover the Taxman.

Makes you wonder what state we would have been in if we hadn't got to Wembley !

RM did say that with the Wembley money coming in we would break even this season..I don't know how much we took or get from ticket sales but if we sold 31.000 and had say £10 out of each ticket that is 310k.The merchandise must of raked in 50k There must also of been at least 1000 new season ticket renewals at £350 so that is another 350k.

I had exactly the same thoughts . that.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21532577
MY conclusions are

• Ron said we would break even (more or less)- I assume he means for the tax year
  • Therefore all of the money has gone
  • So we are 'back to normal' with Ron securing funding at the last possible moment.
    • Now that we are in preseason Ron does not consider paying players a priority

Our business plan is stil to borrow money at the latest possible time.

We may have sold 31,000 but we don't keep all of it as we split it with Crewe.

we get 45% after Wembley expenses. Ron is quoted as expecting Wembley to make us £300-350,000, but that was early in the ticket sales and surely the amount we sold was higher than expected ?, maybe the Crewe ticket sales were fewer than expected? . Personally I thought we would have made more.

I had exactly the same thoughts . that.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21532577
MY conclusions are

• Ron said we would break even (more or less)- I assume he means for the tax year
  • So we are 'back to normal' with Ron securing funding at the last possible moment.

Our business plan is to borrow money at the latest possibel

But gone where, what changed so much that we spent so much?

But gone where, what changed so much that we spent so much?

because if we had not got the Wembley money we would have borrowed the money instead.

Thats my point, the Wembley money does not mean that we actually have an additional £350,000 (or whatever), it simply means that our debts are now £350,000 less than they would have been had we not got to Wembley.

Ron therefore did not borrow this amount,'secure funding' , arrange more credit from Sainsbury whatever - its all the same thing and will not do so until the last possible moment-- business as normal

because if we had not got the Wembley money we would have borrowed the money instead.

Thats my point, the Wembley money does not mean that we actually have an additional £350,000 (or whatever), it simply means that our debts are now £350,000 less than they would have been had we not got to Wembley.

Ron therefore did not borrow this amount,'secure funding' , arrange more credit from Sainsbury whatever - its all the same thing and will not do so until the last possible moment-- business as normal

Its all about cash flow though not borrowing as people state to me on various occasions on here...So I will ask it another way, what changed that we spent so much money (cash) on in the later part of the season?

MY conclusions are

Our business plan is stil to borrow money at the latest possible time.

Does Ron have a 'tax year' ?

I've raised the same point on a couple of occasions where finances have been discussed.

We were meant to break even so this is one close season you would hope we would be in a better position.

Scary how unable to cope we are even with a massive cash injection like that.

Back