• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am lucky as my mortgage is now paid.........

Andy_Shrimp

First XI
but................................................

I am 37 this month and its gone. Made the last payment today. I am divorced and my ex gets the benefit. My children now have an asset. Ex gets to live rent free but that is what I want. As the house is and will always belong to the kids. Ex gets to live rent free, but the children are there so no probs.

Me, I have nothing and I am renting but I am happy that I have given something back.

I love my children and and to an extent my ex wife.

Life is hard but we always work for others xxxxx

37 and the mortgage is paid off? Fluck me, I've got 22 yrs left :(

Mate done it early and with old bonuses (sp) paid it early. Yes I am lucky on that front. At leat now I have an asset for the kids. I am now self employed and am struggling.

Mr happy with no money x

but................................................

I am 37 this month and its gone. Made the last payment today. I am divorced and my ex gets the benefit. My children now have an asset. Ex gets to live rent free but that is what I want. As the house is and will always belong to the kids. Ex gets to live rent free, but the children are there so no probs.

Me, I have nothing and I am renting but I am happy that I have given something back.

I love my children and and to an extent my ex wife.

Life is hard but we always work for others xxxxx

Good for you andy. i see far too many parents be selfish when things go tits up in relationships. your kids should be proud of you!

With my marriage out of the way my sole motivation is paying off the mortgage (no kids to worry about). Alas I will have to take a larger one to buy the wife out however two lodgers coming in will mean I'm paying it off at a pretty rapid rate.

Paid mine off 2 years ago - with help from the bp share scheme! Mind you, I was shaking as I signed the cheque...but don't regret it for an instant.

Well done! I always thought it would be a good move, but the other half believes it's not. Being as he's the main bread winner I don't get too much say.

Yep, paid mine off last year and in the current climate it is the best thing I have ever done!

can't you tell by his youthful good looks!

Ah, cheers Jon :)

Had a mortgage in 1997 for £40K which I paid off by selling the place during boom time in 2000 but ******* away the profits money by going travelling. Now got a mortgage which I took out in 2003 which has £160K+ on it :stunned:

Working for the railway my bonus this year after tax was about £450.

Well done! I always thought it would be a good move, but the other half believes it's not. Being as he's the main bread winner I don't get too much say.

But the fact you're a women and they should be seen and not heard ;):D

i always thought you were advised to keep a small mortgage for financial reasons than to pay it off.......can't remember the reason now, something to do with tax IIR

My mortgage is quite low, but its spread right out till i'm 65 and is interest only in any case, so when it expires i'll still owe 80k

But who cares, life is for living and i'll deal with my debts when i'm old :cricko:

But the fact you're a women and they should be seen and not heard ;):D

28024.jpg

love OBL, x!

only 23 years left on my mortgage... but then im only 23, so as long as is paid off before im 50 am happy!

Back