• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I AM REALLY WORRIED ABOUT NEXT SEASON

TMWLT

Banned
that is for the safety of some of ours fans, my god, some you that post on here that havent seen championship football or whatever you call it. You will proverbally poo your pants next season with the visit of some of the bigger clubs, get used to pitch invasions as I think you might find depending on who play at the end, more than just one. I cannot believe the PC correct people who go on here, moaning about the pitch invasion, I suppose it means however that I am a chav!!

Only at southend united would we get those type of views, its really embarassing, to read some of these posts, from people who say they couldnt see the trophy, or their day was ruined!! tough we dont need your type of supporters next season anyway. after the last few years of over the top zealous policing, it was a refreshing change.

If these people had their way, no standing, no swearing, no smoking, ooh and I must sit in the correct seat. PLease please go away

What difference does it make who we play? It was our idiots on the pitch, not Bristol City's.

For what its worth, the players I spoke to last night loved the pitch invasion - they all agreed the one big memory they have is standing in the directors box and seeing the pitch full of fans and celebrating!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TMWLT @ May 10 2006,13:04)]that is for the safety of some of ours fans, my god, some you that post on here that havent seen championship football or whatever you call it. You will proverbally poo your pants next season with the visit of some of the bigger clubs, get used to pitch invasions as I think you might find depending on who play at the end, more than just one. I cannot believe the PC correct people who go on here, moaning about the pitch invasion, I suppose it means however that I am a chav!!

Only at southend united would we get those type of views, its really embarassing, to read some of these posts, from people who say they couldnt see the trophy, or their day was ruined!! tough we dont need your type of supporters next season anyway. after the last few years of over the top zealous policing, it was a refreshing change.

If these people had their way, no standing, no swearing, no smoking, ooh and I must sit in the correct seat. PLease please go away
So what about the elderly guy who sits not far from me, been supporting the club for over 40 years, he could not race on to the pitch!

The pitch invasion should have happened when all the players went into the tunnel. Then we all celebrate on the pitch!

It's mindless people like you that spoil it for the rest!

different from the days when the police used to wade in with truncheons and batons at the ready, these days everyone is videoed etc..

how policing has changed for the better

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ May 10 2006,13:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TMWLT @ May 10 2006,13:04)]that is for the safety of some of ours fans, my god, some you that post on here that havent seen championship football or whatever you call it. You will proverbally poo your pants next season with the visit of some of the bigger clubs, get used to pitch invasions as I think you might find depending on who play at the end, more than just one. I cannot believe the PC correct people who go on here, moaning about the pitch invasion, I suppose it means however that I am a chav!!

So what about the elderly guy who sits not far from me, been supporting the club for over 40 years, he could not race on to the pitch!

The pitch invasion should have happened when all the players went into the tunnel.  Then we all celebrate on the pitch!

TMWLT

Has also been supporting the club for 40 years?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ May 10 2006,13:12)]For what its worth, the players I spoke to last night loved the pitch invasion - they all agreed the one big memory they have is standing in the directors box and seeing the pitch full of fans and celebrating!
And that has never been in dispute. From what I understand, people aren't complaining about other people being on the pitch then, they are just saying that people should have waited until the lap of honour had finished before they went on the pitch.

I'm sure that the celebration afterwards was enjoyed by everyone.....except me who left early and missed it all!

[b said:

As you were on of the first on the pitch within seconds of the final whistle I understand you are talking from experience.

I would actually ask how many non-end of season pitch invasions any club actually gets in the course of a season. I would say none - In fact short of last day of the season in our whole time in the old first I dont recall any pitch invasions.

how far do you want to go back, 70s 80s 90s or just the 2000s, we could perhaps open a topic up of how many pitch invasions we have seen at the hall over the last 40 years, because either you havent been going very long my fine friend, or you missed the games, where it was a regular occurence, who remembers the villa cup tie in 1972

Harlow was probably the most frightening I experienced as they made their way from the South Bank to the North Bank and just waded in. I was next in-line for a head-butt when I ducked under a "Harlow" fans legs and skipped off. I was only about 14 at the time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TMWLT @ May 10 2006,13:27)]how far do you want to go back, 70s 80s 90s or just the 2000s, we could perhaps open a topic up of how many pitch invasions we have seen at the hall over the last 40 years, because either you havent been going very long my fine friend, or you missed the games, where it was a regular occurence, who remembers the villa cup tie in 1972
Without meaning to sound disrepectful I think as your son says things have changed. Who in their right mind now adays is going to invade the pitch lookng for trouble.

I have been going to Southend since I was 7 (I am now 26) so think I know a fair bit about what im talking about.

With 50 different camers in the ground, police, CCTV even mobile phones I personally think its an unlikely event.

DtS

[b said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!!

GET OVER IT.

Let me spell it out to you.
I'll use short words.

No one said their day was ruined.
No one was moaning about the pitch invasion per se (that means, in itself).
It was simply the timing.

The small number of fans who couldn't wait for the players to finish before they ran on simply took the shine off things for many people. That's it - it took the shine off! I haven't heard anyone object to fans being on the pitch afterwards. It was truly memorable and GREAT to look back on.

If you read the title of the thread that kicked it off, it was similar in tone to yours, calling people idiots if they were the SLIGHTEST bit miffed/upset/annoyed/put out by the people who stopped the players completing their lap of honour. The moaning as you like to see it has been a direct result of that. Little wonder that people might want to respond to your kind of open-minded wisdom!

And just when things settle down, another Brain of Britain comes on and kick-starts it again. Am I to assume that any responses will be deemed to be moaning?

Why is it that every single one of you who has come on to slate any fans who were put out has completely, utterly and spectacularly missed the point?

suspect.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ May 10 2006,14:37)]
[b said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!!

GET OVER IT.

Let me spell it out to you.
I'll use short words.

No one said their day was ruined.
No one was moaning about the pitch invasion per se (that means, in itself).
It was simply the timing.

The small number of fans who couldn't wait for the players to finish before they ran on simply took the shine off things for many people. That's it - it took the shine off! I haven't heard anyone object to fans being on the pitch afterwards. It was truly memorable and GREAT to look back on.

If you read the title of the thread that kicked it off, it was similar in tone to yours, calling people idiots if they were the SLIGHTEST bit miffed/upset/annoyed/put out by the people who stopped the players completing their lap of honour. The moaning as you like to see it has been a direct result of that. Little wonder that people might want to respond to your kind of open-minded wisdom!

And just when things settle down, another Brain of Britain comes on and kick-starts it again. Am I to assume that any responses will be deemed to be moaning?

Why is it that every single one of you who has come on to slate any fans who were put out has completely, utterly and spectacularly missed the point?

suspect.gif
Reasoning is wasted on people like TMWLT.

You should seen the Northampton crowds when the Ref blow the full time whistle agasint Chester City (which NTFC won 1-0) & they run on the pitch as they know they won Promotion.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TMWLT @ May 10 2006,13:04)]Only at southend united would we get those type of views, its really embarassing, to read some of these posts, from people who say they couldnt see the trophy, or their day was ruined!! tough we dont need your type of supporters next season anyway. after the last few years of over the top zealous policing, it was a refreshing change.

An extraordinary statement. We need all the fans we can get.

I'm afraid football has changed a lot since 1972 (yes, I was there) and, sadly for you, I suspect, it has changed for the better. These days any football club needs familys to attend, not just for numbers but also to inculcate youngsters to follow Southend rather than some Premier$hite club. As such, behaviour that in the past got football such a bad name had to change and has in the main actually changed. I can take my kids to the match now, home or away, without worrying that they will get caught up in trouble or find our car doors getting a good kicking as we leave. If that means that you don't get as much pleasure out of football as you used to, that's life, I'm afraid.

But I for one am not sorry about that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ May 10 2006,13:43)]You should seen the Northampton crowds when the Ref blow the full time whistle agasint Chester City (which NTFC won 1-0) & they run on the pitch as they know they won Promotion.
I agree at the end of season their are a lot of pitch invasions. My point is that you get very very few in Early-Mid Season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ May 10 2006,13:30)]Harlow was probably the most frightening I experienced as they made their way from the South Bank to the North Bank and just waded in. I was next in-line for a head-butt when I ducked under a "Harlow" fans legs and skipped off. I was only about 14 at the time.
Yep was very scary....When we ( brother n couple of mates) turn up at the ground at around 2.15pm..there was loads of Harlow fans in the South Stand (800 plus) with about 30 or to our left in the North Bank from where I was Standing from behind the goal In the old Singing Square (PEN)..... only about 30 Southend in there at the time as still 45mins to kick off ( mostly SUFC Mods n Skins)... We started singing and winding up the Harlow fans in North Bank side to our Left ands then began Sing "COME AND JOIN US COME AND JOIN US OVER HERE " !!.... f%&king Hell Never seen it before the whole lot ( Harlow fans) in the South Bank run across the Pitch.... No O/B in the ground at all... too early..... Never Seen the Southend Fans in the NorthBank Pen  run and scatter so fast including Me... Jumping into the west stand and over the fences to get out the ground  etc......

Word must of got around Harlow boys just run the north bank as during and after the game.... As Never seen so Many Southend boys turn up for the punch up with them

One Team In Essex

SOUTHEND UNITED FC

No Fear :-)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ May 10 2006,13:12)]So what about the elderly guy who sits not far from me, been supporting the club for over 40 years, he could not race on to the pitch!

The pitch invasion should have happened when all the players went into the tunnel.  Then we all celebrate on the pitch!

My Nan who is in her mid 70s was on the pitch - Get over it!

Our fans are gonna poo their pants over their safety in the championship?!?!?!?!

Get real!

Pitch invasions these days seem to be all about enjoying the moment. Rather than kicking someones head in.

Worse thing I have ever witness in relation to football wasn't the Southampton vs Pompey derby match, when all the fan piled out. But actually when the Pompey fans decided to trash their own city after they had beaten Leeds at Fratton Park! The police had to close down Fratton Road for a couple of hours whilst a hundred or so fans went on a mob march. What FUN!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]and I must sit in the correct seat. PLease please go away
You mean we should all buy a ticket / season ticket for a specific seat, then not expect to sit there?
What a great idea. We could then all arrive at 12.00 for a 3pm kick off and scramble for the best seats, unless of course people got fed up with that system and took your “please go away advice”. Cant quite see how that would benefit the Club, playing in front of the remaining fans who prefer the sit anywhere policy

Back