• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
I used to be involved with a partnership called Delancey, we were both property developers ...They did not see the big picture I saw of using the biggest area of internal development in Southend, the huge plot at Roots Hall. I eventually managed to buy their interest out, I borrowed 4 mill to do this but then saddled SUFC with that debt which was now owed to me.

Over the years I had pipe dreams of how I could turn this project into the millions I deserved.....I own a few other companies which randomly did buy a few bits of land over the years but that is kind of irrelevant in my big scheme of making huge money off this project.

I saw the plan as selling the home of SUFC and to move the club to free land I would be given by Southend council. I had to have a more cunning plan though, Hmm I had to appease the fans....well that is simple I start to attend games and declare my undying love for the club and how I can be the saviour of all.I have of course used the club for my own benefit over the years..well one does need cash you know as MD have not done anything for years.

That plan worked for a while whilst I was scheeming in the background.

Some people sussed my cunning plan and started to ask questions of my goals .,. I wasn't having that so developed a politician style of answering questions by actually saying nothing.

I learnt over the years the best part of business was selling my dream to others..."suckers" and then renegading on the original deal..This has been a great asset to me ..I can get others to invest then tie then up in legal crap for years trying to get it back...I do this with suppliers to.

So the Tax man,he hates me .. come on now I am a millionaire. well my wife owns the house ( see how clever I am), Sainsburys have shut the door to any more lending, the world and his dog are after me for monies. I cannot pay on paper the club owes me loads on the back of me selling their home.Its a good project you know it keeps me alive, the drag is having to keep funding the damn thing...Luckily sainsburys cover that. Look forward to the 3 sided thing fans , I have served you well.

But you will ask me if my motives for the future of SUFC are sincere...Of course, I am Honest Ron the answer to your prayers.

Well put across J.
Happy%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif

And if anyone wants a quick analysis of some of the financial issues relating to the embargo, I would suggest checking Cricko's post no.191 in the Welcome thread in the SUISA forum. Thats just scraping the surface as well.

I used to be involved with a partnership called Delancey, we were both property developers ...They did not see the big picture I saw of using the biggest area of internal development in Southend, the huge plot at Roots Hall. I eventually managed to buy their interest out, I borrowed 4 mill to do this but then saddled SUFC with that debt which was now owed to me.

Over the years I had pipe dreams of how I could turn this project into the millions I deserved.....I own a few other companies which randomly did buy a few bits of land over the years but that is kind of irrelevant in my big scheme of making huge money off this project.

I saw the plan as selling the home of SUFC and to move the club to free land I would be given by Southend council. I had to have a more cunning plan though, Hmm I had to appease the fans....well that is simple I start to attend games and declare my undying love for the club and how I can be the saviour of all.I have of course used the club for my own benefit over the years..well one does need cash you know as MD have not done anything for years.

That plan worked for a while whilst I was scheeming in the background.

Some people sussed my cunning plan and started to ask questions of my goals .,. I wasn't having that so developed a politician style of answering questions by actually saying nothing.

I learnt over the years the best part of business was selling my dream to others..."suckers" and then renegading on the original deal..This has been a great asset to me ..I can get others to invest then tie then up in legal crap for years trying to get it back...I do this with suppliers to.

So the Tax man,he hates me .. come on now I am a millionaire. well my wife owns the house ( see how clever I am), Sainsburys have shut the door to any more lending, the world and his dog are after me for monies I cannot pay on paper the club owes me loads on the back of me selling their home.Its a good project you know it keeps me alive, the drag is having to keep funding the damn thing...Luckily sainsburys cover that. Look forward to the 3 sided thing fans , I have served you well.

But you will ask me if my motives for the future of SUFC are sincere...Of course, I am Honest Ron the answer to your prayers.

So what is your actual point here?

No, I am Ron Martin and I:

• Will deliver a 35,000 seater stadium
  • Promote us to the promised land of Championship football
  • Have fantastic hair

Although in business you will need to
  • Screw over everyone who opposes you
  • Borrow as much as you can
  • Put all your eggs in one basket

And if anyone wants a quick analysis of some of the financial issues relating to the embargo, I would suggest checking Cricko's post no.191 in the Welcome thread in the SUISA forum. Thats just scraping the surface as well.

Basically, we're screwed more than we think we are and some financial transparency from Ron would be nice. Also, unlikely to sign anyone until mid-August as we wait for the High Court order to be removed.

well said and can i add use clubs finances to refinance other interests
my legendary piece of land at benfleet

We get it! You despise Ron Martin. So what do you want to do about it apart from post a thread telling us all what you've told us a hundred times before. That's a genuine question by the way. If anyone has a viable plan whereby we get rid of Ron Martin and all of the debt we've run up over the years, where we end up with a football club that's still in the football league (or at worst the conference) and has a future, where we are owned and run by somebody that can do the job better than Martin, and where we have a ground to play at, then I'd be happy to hear it.

We get it! You despise Ron Martin. So what do you want to do about it apart from post a thread telling us all what you've told us a hundred times before. That's a genuine question by the way. If anyone has a viable plan whereby we get rid of Ron Martin and all of the debt we've run up over the years, where we end up with a football club that's still in the football league (or at worst the conference) and has a future, where we are owned and run by somebody that can do the job better than Martin, and where we have a ground to play at, then I'd be happy to hear it.

What is the total amount of debt of the club at the moment?

About £12m and growing and thats just the stuff we actually know about. I bet its actually a lot more than that.

Well, my idea of the fans buying is gone. Ha. We need a backer with clout. Whatever happened to that take-over attempt a few years ago from the Knights? group.

Actually he is an ok bloke,,lost up his own arse with small man syndrome but other than than that is okish as a say hi to bloke.My point is I want this club to survive and not loose the only asset they ever had given by the fans to the fans whislt somebody else rapes the club at every corner to line his own pockets...Call me old fashioned if you must but his principles are dog ****. There are a lot more honest people out there who who would relish the chance of not only developing the club, but would not just be in it to save their arses...Ron is so deep he might as well get a breathing apparatus. but he failed to ask for help when it was needed through selfish greed.

His selfish resolve to do it alone as he is the " Big Man" have and still do costs us as fans a team we support...You can by all means ask who else, well somebody with morals for one. He has zero, the most important thing in life to Ron Martin is Ron Martin.

I have values and principles I follow, if you do not, well that is your choice.

Actually he is an ok bloke,,lost up his own arse with small man syndrome but other than than that is okish as a say hi to bloke.My point is I want this club to survive and not loose the only asset they ever had given by the fans to the fans whislt somebody else rapes the club at every corner to line his own pockets...Call me old fashioned if you must but his principles are dog ****. They are a lot more honest people out there who who would relish the chance of not only developing the club, but would not just be in it to save their arses...Ron is so deep he might as well get a breathing apparatus. but he failed to ask for help when it was needed through selfish greed.

His selfish resolve to do it alone as he is the " Big Man" have and still do costs us as fans a team we support...You can by all means ask who else, well somebody with morals for one. He has zero, the most important thing in life to Ron Martin is Ron Martin.

I have values and principles I follow, if you do not, well that is your choice.,

With you wholeheartedly on that John. Not just with what you say about you know who but on the principles of beliefs/morals what have you.
thumbs%20up%20new%20aug%202010.gif
hats%20off%20new%20aug%202010.gif

I really don't live near enough the action, or possess enough information to form a solid opinion........although I do have my suspicions. What I do sense, is that we can't and won't carry on like this (as we have been doing for the last few years) and that things are coming to a head...........sooner than later. I have no info and no proof but I just reckon that, before the end of the year, either work will have started on the new three-sided stadium or the whole thing will have come crashing down around our ears. Anyone else have a similar idea???

I really don't live near enough the action, or possess enough information to form a solid opinion........although I do have my suspicions. What I do sense, is that we can't and won't carry on like this (as we have been doing for the last few years) and that things are coming to a head...........sooner than later. I have no info and no proof but I just reckon that, before the end of the year, either work will have started on the new three-sided stadium or the whole thing will have come crashing down around our ears. Anyone else have a similar idea???

Yep and I believe it will come to head one way or the other, if we don't start FF this year I reckon we will be bust within a few years if that.

The point of this is?
We are in deep doo doo.

Can Susie (her with the long blond Essex girl locks) do any thing about it "nope", so why re-hash the same old rubbish week after week

Back