• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
The year I recall was 2005 I had just got back recently from a summer lads trip to Magaluf (Shagaluf) and I popped myself onto the scales, well more liked blobbed onto the scales, I get my reading at look at my print out.... 25 Stone man I am now I had just crossed from the 24's into 25 zone.

To be fair I had always been a big lad and even though I wanted to be thinner and healthier I just did not want it enough to change even though I would keep telling myself I would that day never really came! 2 years later in 2007 I went to the doctors which is rare for me and I was complaining of having to go for a **** every 2 hours, next thing I know I am sitting in the doctors room being told I have a lifelong progressive illness.... Type 2 Diabetes at 22 years of age!
Being told felt like my whole world had collapsed I have always said that on that day in that doctors room a part of Scott died that day the following weeks were one of worry and depression I felt lucky that I was always a happy go lucky kind of guy as somebody more introvert mite have had some serious mental issues knowing that one day they could go blind, have heart complications, have parts of hands and feet amputated all scary stuff.

I picked myself up to battle this but after a month and with diabetes not being the type of illness to show instant problems it becomes easy to shut it out and pretend its not happening. So again I did not want it enough, fast forward 5 years to today.

After the breakup with my last girlfriend who I really thought was the one my attitude has always been to get back into the saddle and go and find somebody else, but I was not happy with myself, I was sick of not being able to get the designer gear in my size, I was sick of spending over £200 at a home game on drink drugs and fast food a mountain appeared in my life, drill into that mountain you will find...
  • Large debts
  • Poor health
  • Close to being out of work
  • Even a football team about to blow promotion

Some mite see Scott as always happy always laughing however if I used a quote and this was from the Sopranos "I feel like the happy clown, laughing on the outside.... crying on the inside"

Something has changed since early May, I cant put a finger on it, call it growing up call it maturity call it whatever you like all i know is now...
  • 2005 - 25 Stone / Today - 16st 5lb
  • All my debt is now manage fair and well by the consumer credit counseling service
  • Been on a few dates, nothing solid yet though
  • Starting to love myself again
  • Have been clean of drugs for over 8 weeks
  • Have not had a drink in weeks

I now feel like I have taken myself now and put me back into the pre-doctors visit of 2007 matching better health now with the spirit of yesteryear!

I can truly say this for all the right reasons not when I have asleep at the bar drunk and wake up and say this....

TrueBlue is Back!

... and I feel ****ing awesome, I can change, you can change, WE CAN CHANGE!

x

I can tell you exactly when you changed. Without getting all maudlin, when Homer died, you realised you only have one shot at life.

Go get em mate

I was sick of spending over £200 at a home game on drink drugs and fast food

Getting rid of the onions was a bad thing and am glad they are back, I dont however think clubs should be selling drugs at games though. :smile:

Good achievement on the weight loss, feel guilty for not doing anything about the 1 stone I need to lose now!

This is absolutely ****ing quality mate. You should be proud of yourself and I am sure you are.

Keep going mate. Learn to love yourself and be proud of your achievements. Set yourself targets that you want to achieve and I'll see you at the finishing line!

Nice one mate. Pleased for you.

Well done mate, you've done amazingly well. This will be the difference between you seeing grandchildren and not.

It's all about making the right life choices and you certainly seem to have made some good ones - well done!

You must notice the difference in yourself, regarding more energy, not getting out of breath so easily, and a feel good factor in yourself.
Presume you are spending a fortune buying a new wardrobe of clothes?

Noticed a massive change in you mate in just in the last month.

Keep up the great work, don't undo it all when we reconvene for the new season in August!

Mate, you've always been a good lad at heart - will always remember the fuss you made over my boy at the Meet The Blues Day just before we moved out here 4 years ago. What I saw then was a big softy with a heart of gold and very different to the big, brash personna of True Blue that you potrayed.

Fair play to you. I think Napster is right, the passing of Homer was probably one of the catalysts which led to this change of direction. It's had a similar impact on me. Whilst with two young kids I wasn't caning it as hard as you were I've changed my lifestyle for the better since the old boy went and I re-evaluated a few things as a result.

Keep it up mate!

Jolly's death really hit home for me - until then I was happy to say that I had never lost anybody really close, but experiences change people and shape their future and his death shook me up - I recall standing in the North and being told by a pal that theres a rumor going around that Graham had died... phone calls were made during the game and it turned out to be true suffice to say I was inconsolable the rest of the game and made me think for the first time on a level above SUFC and to what life really is and what it is about.

Thanks for the kind words people - if just one person listens to what I have wrote above and takes something from it then its all worth it

Jolly's death really hit home for me - until then I was happy to say that I had never lost anybody really close, but experiences change people and shape their future and his death shook me up - I recall standing in the North and being told by a pal that theres a rumor going around that Graham had died... phone calls were made during the game and it turned out to be true suffice to say I was inconsolable the rest of the game and made me think for the first time on a level above SUFC and to what life really is and what it is about.

Thanks for the kind words people - if just one person listens to what I have wrote above and takes something from it then its all worth it

What was your trick to losing the weight? Cutting back on the beers? Exercise?

Nice one Scott. Don't know you to talk to, but have seen you at a lot of games and pubs. Keep it up, never slip back. TSNB (Aka Biggsy-derived from Ronnie Biggs).

Inspirational big man, well done!!! Now knock the Malibu & Pineapple on the head and you will be getting somewhere :winking:

How about trying this russian tower workout Scott?

[video=youtube;B_X-QTXxfJY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=B_X-QTXxfJY[/video]

Back