• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sedgley-wulf

hi shrimpers,

two of your guys posted on one of our message boards and i thought it was very dignified of you if its the general consensus to say what you did.

the link is http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/boards/read/s115.htm?115,8051402

anyway, as you will see, my reply is as follows. this is actually aimed at everyone as stated i have read this board since it was declared we were interested but never got round to registering to post anything until now.

i'm not after any kudos, just wanted to say how i felt is all:

sufc-freddy=legend and southend/gutted, i've been readin your forum theshrimperzone with interest the past few weeks for obvious reasons.

Firstly, can i apologise for the @#$%& of a wolves fan who felt necessary to post a gloating message on your board. For one, the majority of us fans do not gloat to other teams about us signing their star players (god help me i can't remember us ever signing a star player from any team in recent years) so please ignore him.

Secondly, as stated, we know how it is to lose these type of players, especially where we're concerned in the likes of Robbie Keane and Jo Lescott, but life goes on unfortunately.

And finally, even though its all but done and dusted i truly hope you spend the money on quality acquisitions to get you back up. you were an asset to the league last season in all sincerity. no hidden agenda there from me. i watched your game against manure and for the first time in my life i was supporting some other english team nd it wasn't manure.

Personally, i would have liked to have seen you get jemal johnson as part of the deal, i do like and i do absolutely rate him, i just don't think he's gonna get a chance now an that sort of player woul ddo a very good job for you in league 1.

So, to sum up, good luck shrimpers, i really do mean it. cheers guys

Very nice of you, please enjoy the guy. He is a fantastic player. i think even before your signing of Freddy you were going to be promoted, good luck.

sedgley-wulf, you're a gentleman in common with most posters on here, and obviously a true football fan. I wish you and Freddy well - we'll never forget him - the goals he scored helped us win two promotions and he also scored "that goal" against MUFC which is a night I will never forget.

There'll be a few thousand Southend fans looking at Ceefax on a Saturday afternoon to see if he's scored for you (as I'm sure he will).

Look after him for us, won't you? And make sure we can hear the pigbag "Da Da Da Da - - Freddy Eastwood" chant ringing out on Football League extra on a Sunday morning!

i truly hope he is. and from what i've seen i don't think we'll be disappointed.

one thing is for sure IMHO is that he'll be better off coming here as he'll be 1st choice along with the industrious Keogh. Who was the architect for the majority (correct me if i'm wrong) of Sharps goals when they played.

I think if he'd have gone to Charlton, he'd be a mix of rotational strikers like the aforementioned Sharp will be if you look at their striking department.

As already said by me, i wish you guys all the best for the coming season an i know the majority of us feel the same. I mean c'mon you're not WB ... W sorry, i can't even bring myself to spell their initials lol (the only team i dislike in other words!!)

Last edited:
you may have already heard this, but we had a legend (and i know you can't argue this because the man is one Steven George Bull) who we had a song for.

the song i believe has been adapted somewhat to the following, which IMHO is quality:

OOOOOOHHHHHH Freddy is a traveler,
He owns a caravan,
He'll tarmac your front garden,
and over charge your nan,
He scored against united,
Got booked against the Sh**e,
And now he plays for Wanderers
He'll score all !*$¿!^% night.

The 1st couple of lines might not sound very complimetary but they didn't to Bully, but he took them to heart and understood what we meant. Hopefully with Freddy the same will happen.

This time last year, us sigining someone of Freddy's calibre i would have laughed because we were no where. this year i hope that we can make us a premier team with Freddy's help, and with our help make Freddy a great. (Of course that wouldn't have been possible without you guys first and foremost)!!

In that way, we'd both benefit i think.

you may have already heard this, but we had a legend (and i know you can't argue this because the man is one Steven George Bull) who we had a song for.

the song i believe has been adapted somewhat to the following, which IMHO is quality:

OOOOOOHHHHHH Freddy is a traveler,
He owns a caravan,
He'll tarmac your front garden,
and over charge your nan,
He scored against united,
Got booked against the Sh**e,
And now he plays for Wanderers
He'll score all !*$¿!^% night.

The 1st couple of lines might not sound very complimetary but they didn't to Bully, but he took them to heart and understood what we meant. Hopefully with Freddy the same will happen.

This time last year, us sigining someone of Freddy's calibre i would have laughed because we were no where. this year i hope that we can make us a premier team with Freddy's help, and with our help make Freddy a great. (Of course that wouldn't have been possible without you guys first and foremost)!!

In that way, we'd both benefit i think.

I'll be the first to admit that I got a little annoyed with Freddy for what I perceived to be laziness and lack of dedication to the cause last season. I'll also be the first to admit that I'm a little bit bitter about him leaving - no real reason, nothing against Fred or Wolves, just the way I am - a bad personality trait. But I am GUTTED to see him go (I'm getting emotional here. Really). I don't think he's irreplaceable as such...but looking forward to watching him play, and witnessing his unique style and goals...they're all things I've looked forward to watching week-in-week-out for the last 3 years. To me, he's become synonymous with SUFC and its success over the past few seasons. I'm upset that he's leaving, and I really feel that, for me, he's leaving a big void. I'll struggle to be satisfied with any replacement.

But the guy has been amazing for us, has giving us some truly amazing goals, especially that third away at Brizzle in 05/06. I want to see him move on and succeed...he deserves it. I'll look out for his goalscoring exploits and have all the memories flooding back. For those memories, I can't thank Fred enough. I hope he does us proud.

And sedgley-wulf, you're a top bloke for what you've said. If the majority of Wolves fans are like you, than I', glad Fred is going there, 'cos it sounds like you're a nice bunch of fans, and he'll be welcomed with open arms and appreciated. I'm one of the people who was glad he's going to you in a way, because of the young bias in your team, the fact that all your players have great futures ahead of them and are all so ambitious. I hope he fires you to promotion.

Freddy has been so good for us, that although we would dearly love him to stay, most supporters realise he has to move on for his own sake, so we all wish him well wherever he goes.

Youve got a great player there mate, if he starts well you could be looking at the new Bully.

I'll be the first to admit that I got a little annoyed with Freddy for what I perceived to be laziness and lack of dedication to the cause last season. I'll also be the first to admit that I'm a little bit bitter about him leaving - no real reason, nothing against Fred or Wolves, just the way I am - a bad personality trait. But I am GUTTED to see him go (I'm getting emotional here. Really). I don't think he's irreplaceable as such...but looking forward to watching him play, and witnessing his unique style and goals...they're all things I've looked forward to watching week-in-week-out for the last 3 years. To me, he's become synonymous with SUFC and its success over the past few seasons. I'm upset that he's leaving, and I really feel that, for me, he's leaving a big void. I'll struggle to be satisfied with any replacement.

But the guy has been amazing for us, has giving us some truly amazing goals, especially that third away at Brizzle in 05/06. I want to see him move on and succeed...he deserves it. I'll look out for his goalscoring exploits and have all the memories flooding back. For those memories, I can't thank Fred enough. I hope he does us proud.

And sedgley-wulf, you're a top bloke for what you've said. If the majority of Wolves fans are like you, than I', glad Fred is going there, 'cos it sounds like you're a nice bunch of fans, and he'll be welcomed with open arms and appreciated. I'm one of the people who was glad he's going to you in a way, because of the young bias in your team, the fact that all your players have great futures ahead of them and are all so ambitious. I hope he fires you to promotion.

You could have just quoted Ellis Boyd 'Red' Redding from The Shawshank Redemption:-

Sometimes it makes me sad, though, Andy being gone. I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are just too bright...and when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice...

I'm really looking forward to seeing Fred in a team with a functioning midfield and a strike partner who is allowed to play on the last man

Sedgeley Wulf, maybe some of us will get along to one or two of your London away games to see how it is going. One thing is for sure, can you make sure you beat that other team in Essex and tell them ''trhere is only one team in Essex'', hopefully Freddy will score against them.

Back