• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Very unprofessional report by the Echo. Obvious spelling mistakes and calling the banned fan as "shy" for trying to avoid their cameras.

If you are a police officer and designated as a spotter and someone near you is punching a teenager in the face its nice to know the boys in Blues job is to just watch it. Not even make a move to arrest, we live in sad times in many respects but then

No problem with the statement or their right to extend the ban.

Would have liked them to add.... We at SUFC along with Essex police would like to take this opportunity to apologise to our fans as we grossly underestimated the policing levels needed for such a fixture. In future we will not put our fans at risk by attempting to save money by not having a police presence in the ground.

Ps at no stage will we be using the phrase 'lessons have been learnt' As we know how annoying that sounds. In fact when someone is paid to stand there and reads out such an insincere prepared statement, I know some of you are tempted to punch the person reading it out and of course we have had quite enough of that already thanks.

here here :Worthy:

If there had been a presence of just a few "serious" coppers and a police dog as a deterrent, none of this would have happened.

Has anyone heard of any Col U arrests for assaulting our stewards. Any photos of suspects in farming weekly?

I emailed Steve Cavanagh shortly after the game whether the club would be following up on the attack on Bolger. His response was:

I have made a public statement and I am sure you don't wish me to comment further on or prejudice other criminal investigations.

It was about what I expected he would say, and I think it is unlikely that we will hear anything about anything regarding stewards or Bolger unless there are reports in local papers.

Without making comment on the above, if I was to get a five year banning order I would save buying five years season tickets, travel and admission to away matches, buying cup tickets and all the sundries that go with watching Southend. Compare this to a £265 fine and I would be well up on the deal.

Can I suggest you 'smack' someone at the next home game.
It won't be 5 years of savings , but your family could enjoy a lovely Christmas at the very least.

1. Standard, but all he has to do is grow a moustache and not be naughty at the games.
2. Nothing basically
3. Sod all
4. is he allowed if we play in towns?
5, again, grow a moustache/ wear a hat and keep out of trouble.

No punishment or deterent

He is well known at the club. DoDtS's advice is probably the most sensible suggestion for him.

Can I suggest you 'smack' someone at the next home game.
It won't be 5 years of savings , but your family could enjoy a lovely Christmas at the very least.

Yep thought about it, but can't see Crewe having that many there, frankly I'm not sure I'm up to the walk
:dim:

Yep thought about it, but can't see Crewe having that many there, frankly I'm not sure I'm up to the walk
He didn't say away supporter,just smack some random person!
P.s where you sitting?:smile:

We could have one of these waiting on the running track. Even got a basket in case you fancy lobbing a brick.

The guy obviously has a screw loose, I note that he comes from Buckinghamshire so I applaud any SUFC who travels a fair distance to attend home matches, but, what a **** for doing what he did and now missing watching our beloved team for five years.

Absence makes the heart grows fonder!

The guy still gets my respect for charging the Col Ewe.

Lets hope that the Colchester fans who attacked Bolger and pushed stewards and threw coins are punished as well.

Why would we expect the club to make a statement (in public or private) that would in any way suggest culpability or liability for what happened?

Why would we expect the club to make a statement (in public or private) that would in any way suggest culpability or liability for what happened?

Of course they won't. In fact this court case has nicely deflected our attention from any mistakes they made on the whole event.

That's why I made a tongue in cheek post.

I know what you mean.
I think I could have maybe just about run over to the Col U fans from Block W or X and I could maybe have thrown a few punches.
But the two activities combined ?
I would have needed a fair rest once I'd got there .....

blooming heck -

when i passed a breath test the police officer was so gutted he took practically took my car apart .... all ok - so he gave me bit of paper to get my tyres checked......

being a terrible person i forgot about this -

result 575 pound fine PLUS costs ...

it would have been cheaper to go mental at two football matches -

funny country this

Absence makes the heart grows fonder!

The guy still gets my respect for charging the Col Ewe.

Shame he wasn't in the 'Spread' when Cambridge kicked off, or in Shakespeare Drive/West Street after last seasons Luton game, when they were attacking our fans!.

Has anyone heard of any Col U arrests for assaulting our stewards. Any photos of suspects in farming weekly?

I've not heard anything, but that's not to say action hasn't been taken...

Steve Kavanagh on BBC Essex this evening was tackled on that very point, he wouldn't make a direct comment but did say that police investigations are still ongoing.
Seeing as it took them from Boxing day until Feb 4/5th to make arrests following some fisticuffs before the game in Colchester I would say it's still early days yet.
We do know that they must have some good clear footage from the North West corner, especially if they were using their new super duper video that was being trumpeted the week before Xmas as having reduced incidents at Southend games by being a deterrent, when we didn't even know it existed; I always thought for something to be a deterrent you had to know it was there. :winking: Mind you since they made it public it has certainly worked a treat. :unsure::nope:

Still has a criminal record which may screw up some job applications.

Even a caution can cause problems as I discovered. The US in particular are particularly touchy about these things.

Still, I have gotten a lot of mileage telling the story of the incident in question over the years so it's not all bad.

Back