• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jaffa1

Manager
A MAN has pleaded guilty to affray and entering the pitch during the Essex derby at Roots Hall, earlier this month.
Mark Coshever, 39, of Eaton Place, Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire, pleaded guilty to the charges at Southend Magistrates Court this morning.

He admitted leaving the stand and entering the playing area during the Essex derby between Southend United and Colchester United at Roots Hall on February 6.

He proceeded to walk across the pitch and aim a short burst of punches at the Colchester United fans before he was restrained by stewards.
He walked back to the Southend United fans but was not arrested.

A few days later, on February 9, he haanded himself in at Rayleigh police station and gave a statement to police, who subsequently arrested him
He has yet to be sentenced.

A MAN has pleaded guilty to affray and entering the pitch during the Essex derby at Roots Hall, earlier this month.
Mark Coshever, 39, of Eaton Place, Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire, pleaded guilty to the charges at Southend Magistrates Court this morning.

He admitted leaving the stand and entering the playing area during the Essex derby between Southend United and Colchester United at Roots Hall on February 6.

He proceeded to walk across the pitch and aim a short burst of punches at the Colchester United fans before he was restrained by stewards.
He walked back to the Southend United fans but was not arrested.

A few days later, on February 9, he haanded himself in at Rayleigh police station and gave a statement to police, who subsequently arrested him
He has yet to be sentenced.

The fact that he was not arrested at the time (where the hell were the Police, it was an Essex Derby!) was a disgrace.

As a long since retired Bobby, and one who has policed RH many times, I am shocked that this idiot was allowed to swagger free after the offence. Easy to say, but in my day he would have been very swiftly scooped up. I hope he is severely dealt with.

The fact that he was not arrested at the time (where the hell were the Police, it was an Essex Derby!) was a disgrace.

I can tell you where they were sat on the steps between twiddling their thumbs and leaving it to the stewards. Absolute disgrace the lot of them. Could not believe my eyes!

I can tell you where they were sat on the steps between twiddling their thumbs and leaving it to the stewards. Absolute disgrace the lot of them. Could not believe my eyes!

But they were only 'spotters' and not there to keep order or make arrests. According to the police's own website they cost £360 for the day. As none of them a appear to actually do anything, it was the same at Col U, Me and the and the good lady could do that job cheaper than the local plod.

I spot that there will be trouble in the North West corner V Gillingham. There you go that will be £600 please SUFC, that of course includes your £120 discount.

echo reporting that he has been:
  1. banned from uk football matches for five years
  2. given an 8 week suspended sentence
  3. ordered to pay £265 in fines
  4. banned from visiting a 'city' in which sufc are playing a game
  5. banned from southend town centre 4 hours before and after kick off of any home fixture

5. banned from southend town centre 4 hours before and after kick off of any home fixture

6. told he was a very very norty boy

Did anyone see Thames news last night. The female teacher who got a proper hiding from the dad of a young child she told off.
He got a suspended sentence but less restrictions than Mr Coshever (there's a joke there somewhere with that name)

If that's the case then everyone can now stop slagging him off and move on.

1. Standard, but all he has to do is grow a moustache and not be naughty at the games.
2. Nothing basically
3. Sod all
4. is he allowed if we play in towns?
5, again, grow a moustache/ wear a hat and keep out of trouble.

No punishment or deterent

1. Standard, but all he has to do is grow a moustache and not be naughty at the games.
2. Nothing basically
3. Sod all

I doubt he will try and attend games whilst banned or breach any of the other conditions, that would almost certainly activate the 8 week sentence.

2. Nothing basically
3. Sod all

Still has a criminal record which may screw up some job applications.

Without making comment on the above, if I was to get a five year banning order I would save buying five years season tickets, travel and admission to away matches, buying cup tickets and all the sundries that go with watching Southend. Compare this to a £265 fine and I would be well up on the deal.

Has anyone heard of any Col U arrests for assaulting our stewards. Any photos of suspects in farming weekly?

No problem with the statement or their right to extend the ban.

Would have liked them to add.... We at SUFC along with Essex police would like to take this opportunity to apologise to our fans as we grossly underestimated the policing levels needed for such a fixture. In future we will not put our fans at risk by attempting to save money by not having a police presence in the ground.

Ps at no stage will we be using the phrase 'lessons have been learnt' As we know how annoying that sounds. In fact when someone is paid to stand there and reads out such an insincere prepared statement, I know some of you are tempted to punch the person reading it out and of course we have had quite enough of that already thanks.

Back