• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bigdel

Coach
This may provoke abit of backlash,however as its a free speech board,I wish to convey my disgust at Ron Martin & The club for another shabby preformance regarding players.
Lets not forget he employed Steve Wignall,and from peer pressure sacked him,he then touted Ian Atkins and failed miserablely before Tilly/Brush got him a get out of jail card.
We are now back to square one from last year,where players havenot signed contracts and the first cracks have appeared with Connie going,Maher/Cort thinking,and no prospect of bringing in abig name to get us out this league,due to money restraints.
I am fully aware of the debt the club are in,and have payed my increased s/ticket and car park(Which is my choice),only now to feel cheated ,when our best younger players maynot be at the club.Edwards Im sure will be a good asset in defence but at 32,only has acouple of seasons with us,we need to tie up people like Cort before the season starts,though I was never on the bandwagon of Connie being a great striker,he knew where the back of the net was,which is something we are lacking and are going to be pinning our hopes on Dudfield.
I allways felt and still do that Martin has no interest in this club,and is happy for others to take the can,before coming onto the pitch at the end of the season before a big crowd and take the applause,why didn't he come on the pitch against York last season when only 2800 was there to say thanks,because he couldn't get his shoes dirty ?

I hope am wrong,but this now has a nightmare visions,new stadium,low crowds,average players and the pikies above us in the league with Hornchurch.

Prove me wrong Mr Martin and I will put a apology on this board,however I feel you will not release the money to keep players and then blame everyone except your self.The problem with a club like ours is you will also have a crowd due to the love of supporters for a small club,but please donot treat us like idiots,because one day they maynot be there!!!!

I donot want to sound like Tony Kray,who drivel is repetative,however this is a plea from someone who has followed the club for over 28 years and seen changes for good and bad.Please Please Please let this season be the one where we can make a challenge for promotion,and not settle for a day out in a mickey cup in Wales.

Am now putting on my tin hat for the flak to come from all sides.If you read this Mr Martin please email me and I would love to met you for a drink to discuss the future,Ill even buy if the club hasn't the money.

No flak from me. Everyone has their right to say what's on their mind and to put across their point of view with an appreciation that not everyone will agree with it. For the record, I agree in principle with what you are saying - I've always advocated some sort of investment in the playing squad IF the club can afford it - but I feel that Ron Martin is too easy a target at the moment. We're all upset that our best players appear to be jumping ship but if the club cannot afford to meet their demands then so be it; we have to accept that. I'd rather the directors continue to try and steady the ship rather than follow the route we've been down before which almost killed off SUFC ...

WS

Nor me, as I do regularly. You have the right to say what ever you want (well with in the law) and you could just post 'Dibble dibble' if you wanted to.

I put my trust in Tilly, he has already mentioned before all this he wants another striker and so far his signings have not been that bad. Maybe Connie was not part of the long term plan, let see what transpires before condemning the club to another relegation battling season

Although I wont hate Constantine, I do hate Fry and I hope he has wasted all that money for Peterborough with wages!

I totally agree with Mike on this. Bigdel, absolutely no flak from me. However I believe the club are right to live within their means. Anything else is suicide.
Just a quick reflection on the Canvey/Hornchurch situation. Both clubs have had had or will have success because they have a rich benefactor who is prepared to put some money into the club and at Ryman level a little money goes a long way. However they will come a cropper when and if they get in the league and have to compete with very small crowds and limited gate receipts. It apparently cost Max Griggs £30 million to get Rushden and Diamonds into the second division and I have to say to the 4,500 Rushden fans - what a waste of money.
Talking to colleagues at work there is an analogy in the rugby world. Apparently Sudbury RFC was taken over by a rich builder who got in a lot of New Zealand players and they had a good run of success. However he either got bored or whatever and the money ran out and the bubble burst and Sudbury have gone back to their level.
I want the board to be prudent. There are decent players out there and frankly players like Constantine will not be missed if replacements can be found. Tilly's signings so far have been impressive (leaving aside Che but remember he's been signed as a squad play)
Actually I now expect flak from those fans who expect directors to invest (aka lose) vast sums of money for their pleasure whilst bleating about the cost of burgers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ May 22 2004,10:34)]No flak from me. Everyone has their right to say what's on their mind and to put across their point of view with an appreciation that not everyone will agree with it. For the record, I agree in principle with what you are saying - I've always advocated some sort of investment in the playing squad IF the club can afford it - but I feel that Ron Martin is too easy a target at the moment. We're all upset that our best players appear to be jumping ship but if the club cannot afford to meet their demands then so be it; we have to accept that. I'd rather the directors continue to try and steady the ship rather than follow the route we've been down before which almost killed off SUFC ...

WS
Yeah spot on fella.

How many clubs have gone to pot because of greedy footballers calling the shots on their wages.
Fair play to Uncle Ron and co for sticking to their guns.

BY THE WAY IF I EVER SEE THAT FAT c**t FRY I WILL PUNCH THE c**t SO HARD IN HIS JAW HE WONT BE ABLE TO EAT FOR A f**kING YEAR WHAT WHAT HE HAS DONE TO OUR CLUB OVER THE YEARS.

FRY I HOPE YOU DIE OF A SERIOUS ILLNESS LIKE BE ROGGERED TO DEATH BY A FLEET OF UGANDAN SEAMAN WHO HAVE BEEN AWAY FOR YEARS AT SEA.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 22 2004,11:31)]BY THE WAY IF I EVER SEE THAT FAT c**t FRY I WILL PUNCH THE c**t SO HARD IN HIS JAW HE WONT BE ABLE TO EAT FOR A f**kING YEAR WHAT WHAT HE HAS DONE TO OUR CLUB OVER THE YEARS.

FRY I HOPE YOU DIE OF A SERIOUS ILLNESS LIKE BE ROGGERED TO DEATH BY A FLEET OF UGANDAN SEAMAN WHO HAVE BEEN AWAY FOR YEARS AT SEA.
No please, don't hold back ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 22 2004,12:31)]BY THE WAY IF I EVER SEE THAT FAT c**t FRY I WILL PUNCH THE c**t SO HARD IN HIS JAW HE WONT BE ABLE TO EAT FOR A f**kING YEAR WHAT WHAT HE HAS DONE TO OUR CLUB OVER THE YEARS.

I sense anger in Barry the Dog.

(btw... you should not resort to violence and punch Brayy Fry... ever... unless you have a camcorder to film the event for all of us to watch and enjoy).

Back