• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I-Follow - you get angry!

Finally got an iFollow agent and got this reply:

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the problems you had accessing the live stream.

We are now aware of the cause of the issue and preventative measures and fixes have been implemented to stop this from happening again.

For refund request you will need to email us ifollow@efl.com
Liar, liar, pants on fire.....
(No, not you Rootshallbloke)

I've copied commercial in every time I've complained, about multiple games. Never received a single reply. Seems to me that Rhys Ellingham doesn't care all that much.
Spent all my time tonight taking screen shots of laptop (lots of blank black screens) and the rubbish comments from the Chat agents.

I will be calling Rhys tomorrow as this is beyond a joke. As season ticket holders we are paying the same price as we would if we were attending games (not just £10 a game) so the rubbish iFollow service is just not acceptable. I would encourage all season ticket holders to do the same.

If we do nothing, nothing will change.

wow -action already

Yep fair play. Resolved almost instantly.

Mine cut out about ten seconds before they scored, and I didn't bother logging back in as clearly that was the end of the match.

"Supporters need not contact anyone further "

Oh, **** no. I'm going to be contacting the **** out of you Southend, I don't another ****ing code for another ****ing stream that won't work. I want a ****ing refund, you ****ing contemptible ****s.

"Supporters need not contact anyone further "

Oh, **** no. I'm going to be contacting the **** out of you Southend, I don't another ****ing code for another ****ing stream that won't work. I want a ****ing refund, you ****ing contemptible ****s.
yeah thats crap, I had already sent in an email we all feel differently , so i dont expect everyone to agree with the below

Hi Rhys, Gavin

As you are aware the Ifollow service has been less than a success this year. Not only is the product hopeless but the customer service is shocking.

Tonight anyone not using a phone lost connectivity for a couple of mins in the first half and then just before the goal to the end of the match.

Complaints are being sent to I follow but what can season ticket holders do?

Ifollow are not interested as we paid SUFC not Ifollow.

I don’t want a refund from the club as I know we can’t afford it, buying a season ticket was effectively a donation to the club in the first place, but at the same time the situation is ridiculous when the product is this bad.

Can season ticket holders claim a refund from SUFC and SUFC claim it back from Ifollow’

Even if the amount is significantly less that the £10 its not just the money its the principle.

I also feel that the club should be representing us here. The season has been rubbish so far as we all know, this is just something else that’s crap. This would be an opportunity for some good PR from the club

Very happy to discuss the above

yeah thats crap, I had already sent in an email we all feel differently , so i dont expect everyone to agree with the below

Hi Rhys, Gavin

As you are aware the Ifollow service has been less than a success this year. Not only is the product hopeless but the customer service is shocking.

Tonight anyone not using a phone lost connectivity for a couple of mins in the first half and then just before the goal to the end of the match.

I don’t want a refund from the club as I know we can’t afford it, buying a season ticket was effectively a donation to the club in the first place, but at the same time the situation is ridiculous when the product is this bad.

Can season ticket holders claim a refund from SUFC and SUFC claim it back from Ifollow’

Even if the amount is significantly less that the £10 its not just the money its the principle.

I also feel that the club should be representing us here. The season has been rubbish so far as we all know, this is just something else that’s crap. This would be an opportunity for some good PR from the club

Great email, i will be sending something similar myself tomorrow

I got told there weren't any problems but even if there were, iFollow wouldn't refund me anyway because I didn't pay them cash. They gave me a code for Walsall because the Oldham game didn't work. When Walsall didn't work properly either, they told me iFollow won't refund me because I paid Southend not iFollow.

I've also had the "chat tells me to email, email tells me to chat" circle as well. They are using every trick they can to fob people off until they give up on the complaint.
Yes, I feel for you guys that have bought season tickets. I have been only paying a tenner as and when it's convenient for me to watch matches. Now I know there were a few of us that had trouble with the Walsall game I will have another go at them and ask for their proof that the problem I encountered was not their fault. I probably won't get anywhere with them but it might make me feel a bit better in view of the sanctimonious reply I received from them.

So when it goes tits up and we non season ticket holders all get a refund do the cub still receive the full amount they are due?
The EFL IFollow should be bearing the loss not the club.

Can those with club contacts find out please.

Hopefully we won't have IFollow infesting any more games at Roots Hall. Would like to think that at least the season ticket holders will be back at the ground for the Scunthorpe game on December 15th.

Hopefully we won't have IFollow infesting any more games at Roots Hall. Would like to think that at least the season ticket holders will be back at the ground for the Scunthorpe game on December 15th.
Please God hope your right mate!

I live in London and I am not at all keen on taking the multiple trains it would take me to get to the game. I won't be making that journey until I feel it's safe to spend a few hours on trains/tubes for each game. It's disappointing but... (waves hands at the world).

I would have hoped the option to watch on iFollow was there instead but we all know how that is. The mood I am in right now, I don't think I can even bring myself to try to watch iFollow again. I was already feeling stressed before the game began wondering when and not if the problems would start again.

And that's no good for me at a time when the world in general is very stressful. This has gone from being an escape to a source of additional stress and annoyance.

Why would I want to do that to myself?

Hi Rhys, Gavin

What is best e mail address. Feel exactly the same as you

Hi Rhys, Gavin

Nice email. I probably wouldn't have used the word "crap" myself, but other than that...

the point I made to iFollow is that my refund must NOT impact on the club- their competence is NOT the clubs fault. Quick refund should not allow confirmation that club do not lose out to be forgotten.

Streaming video has moved on since when iFollow and all that jazz was introduced back a decade or so ago. Realistically the club could stream games, there are 12 year olds that could probably stream games better than what we currently get.

Not everyone uses iFollow - there’s a few sensible ones

“Please note that the iFollow service is only available to clubs playing in the EFL during the 2020/21 season who have opted in to utilise the iFollow platform. Those clubs who have not will have access to the same live streaming opportunity and will be able to provide their fans with access through their own club digital services.

We are therefore unable to provide subscriptions to fans of AFC Bournemouth, Birmingham City, Bristol City, Cardiff City, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Forest Green Rovers, Harrogate Town, Leyton Orient, Middlesbrough, QPR, Salford City, Stoke City, Sunderland, Swansea City, Watford and Wigan Athletic. Please contact your club for more information.

Links to the streaming solutions these clubs provide are included above for supporters to get information on their streaming services.”

Realistically the club could stream games
No we couldn't. From a technical perspective sure we could do it but we'd get a cease and desist order immediately because Southend don't own the rights to stream their matches. Even Ben Foster almost wound up in legal trouble because he stuck a GoPro on during his matches and uploaded highlights to YouTube, he's since had to pay a licencing fee to the EFL to continue doing it.

Back