• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I-Follow - you get angry!

Looks like refunds are available:

It is frustrating. Very. There are numerous reasons why it might not be their fault- slow broadband, intermittent drop outs/insufficient buffering, software conflicts, cookies/other things needing clearing out the memory (hence closing all apps and rebooting) it goes on. And they know 9/10 times if its one of these no-one will believe them and blame them anyway.

I am in an area in the middle of nowhere with very very slow broadband (so much so we are all getting fibre next year funded by grants). It's about 1Mbs..

Yet it works for me pretty well. I have had the spinning wheel of death a couple of times but on both occasions it was fixed by closing all other tabs/apps and rebooting. Probably in the process showing it was a conflict on my PC and not down to iFollow. That said I am sure in some cases they are at fault- being sure is just difficult.

By and large this country has a third world communications system. For example this afternoon parliament had to be suspended because they couldn't get the connection between 10 Downing Street and Parliament to work for Boris' latest announcement.

It doesn't seem unreasonable to expect a service that doesn't require you to reboot, close everything else down etc.

I mean multiple other businesses manage to stream things without the issues that have plagued iFollow. Or do people find this is an issue with Netflix as well?

It doesn't seem unreasonable to expect a service that doesn't require you to reboot, close everything else down etc.

I mean multiple other businesses manage to stream things without the issues that have plagued iFollow. Or do people find this is an issue with Netflix as well?
Netflix isn't a live stream in the same way- I am sure if it was a Netflix recording of Boris beamed to Parliament earlier rather than a live stream it might have been different too- a fairer comparison would be with something like Zoom and I am sure many have had problems with that. Don't get me wrong I am not saying its never iFollow's fault, probably half the time it is, its how you prove it given it on some occasions wont be.

Netflix isn't a live stream in the same way- I am sure if it was a Netflix recording of Boris beamed to Parliament earlier rather than a live stream it might have been different too- a fairer comparison would be with something like Zoom and I am sure many have had problems with that. Don't get me wrong I am not saying its never iFollow's fault, probably half the time it is, its how you prove it given it on some occasions wont be.

I watched a couple matches that Prime video streamed and never had a single issue, intact that service was fantastic, you could turn commentary off completely, pause and rewind etc.

I watch the itv England matches live on itv hub and have never had any issues (other than a stupid amount of adverts)

I've used bt sport for one season (it came free with the broadband I had at the time) again no issues at all.

I've used ifollow for a handful of games and not had the same amount of issues as others but I had to drop the quality down a lot to get it like that. It should be better.

My experience of zoom is that I get issues may be 1 in every 100 meetings.

With iFollow it seems to be 1 in every 3 games.

Well the consensus is clear that their service is far worse than other providers and quite possibly as bad as that offered by number 10's communications machine. Which is damning- so I stand corrected and hope that my good luck to date continues...it may well be because my internet is so bad my expectations are very low, meaning I let poor providers get away with things I shouldn't.

Very good points, but if your remarks were in response to my post, I may have misled you as I was actually asking about Saturday's cancelled game.
Sorry but there weren’t any games cancelled on Saturday.

It is frustrating. Very. There are numerous reasons why it might not be their fault- slow broadband, intermittent drop outs/insufficient buffering, software conflicts, cookies/other things needing clearing out the memory (hence closing all apps and rebooting) it goes on. And they know 9/10 times if its one of these no-one will believe them and blame them anyway.

I am in an area in the middle of nowhere with very very slow broadband (so much so we are all getting fibre next year funded by grants). It's about 1Mbs..

Yet it works for me pretty well. I have had the spinning wheel of death a couple of times but on both occasions it was fixed by closing all other tabs/apps and rebooting. Probably in the process showing it was a conflict on my PC and not down to iFollow. That said I am sure in some cases they are at fault- being sure is just difficult.

By and large this country has a third world communications system. For example this afternoon parliament had to be suspended because they couldn't get the connection between 10 Downing Street and Parliament to work for Boris' latest announcement.
I totally agree that it is frustrating. I am interested to hear that you have had very few problems even though you have slow broadband. I was in a similar position until the Walsall match and then just constantly had the spinning wheel of death. I cleared the cache in the browsers, deleted cookies, disabled adblockers, logged out, logged in and tried different browsers……….nothing. Following Southenkid’s helpful post on this thread I did the speed check and found my download speed was about 5Mb/s. I have checked it another few times since and all the results have been between 4.9 and 5.1Mb/s, just checked it again and it showed 4.95Mb/s so it is fairly constant. According to ifollow though that was why I was unable to see anything of the Walsall match and it is not their problem/fault so no refund of my £10, case closed. OK, I know it’s only £10 but it’s the principle and their haughty response in the tone of “we’ve checked, it’s nothing to do with us get lost”. This is where the frustration occurs because in that case why was I able to watch all the other matches to which I subscribed with hardly a problem? They have not provided any proof so how do I know it is not their fault? In response to ifollow I told them I was not prepared to subscribe for any further matches as, from the experience of other users as well as my own, the service they are attempting to provide is nothing short of a lottery.

Sounds like you're being very polite to them! Maybe time to try Mr not so nice guy

I would but quite honestly I feel powerless because it's just my word against theirs.

Back