• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I-Follow - you get angry!

Chris Powell's mate

First XI⭐
I know this is a subject that spawns its own thread on almost every game.
But did all go OK for those watching Col Ewe?

I got the impression there were hiccups - and for the fifth game in a row, not counting BW on Saturday.
Have done all asked of me from I-Follow, emptied caches; used a different provider, got rid of ad-blockers etc, and still no better results.

Like others I voiced displeasure on the SUFC Twitter feed - no reaction.
Have emailed I-Follow following their reply of what I should do - no reaction.

Can anyone think of something to add not already here?
Am trying to forestall the inevitable frustration ahead of Walsall.

Yeah would be interested in feedback also as I’m looking to watch Walsall having skipped the last few. Laptop or phone, not too fussed. From reports before phones and tablets seemed to have fewer issues.

Always found it better on phone than laptop but can't speak for tablets (apart from the ones I have to take to recover/forget after 90 mins of watching us play).

Generally though iFollow is just a **** poor and underfunded service, which isn't designed to have as many people watching it as there currently are.

Last edited:
Not had an issue other than the first few mins of the Port Vale match. I didn't watch on Tuesday.

No clearing of cache or anything, just laptop open, HDMI into TV.

I do have very good broadband speed here though.

It seems that most are having trouble on laptops. Even if you do all the things you are told, Empty caches, clear browsing history, clear cookies, use a different provider, get rid of ad-blockers etc etc. They clearly have a massive problem their end, but try and make out it's your end. And to top it all, ignore emails. Shocking service. I haven't used them this season, but this nonsense has been going on since they started.

Struggled to get the Colchester match going on Chrome but switched to Firefox and it ran perfectly the whole match, that's the first time I've had an issue where it wasn't affecting everyone at once.

Laptop struggled but my trusty Amazon Fire 10 has been the only winner this season.

Tried to redeem my complimentary pass from the Portsmouth fiasco but the pay screen wanted my card details as well, which I provided, but still wouldn't let me through to the next screen. I ended up paying as usual. Next, I attempted to watch on my usual choice, a Samsung Galaxy tablet but could not get past the spinning wheel. 'Chatted' to 'support' for ten minutes getting nowhere as the person was obsessed with what browser I was using, telephone or tablet etc so in desperation went to Chrome on my PC and 25 minutes into the game, I actually got a picture. This kept buffering all through the remainder of the match. I have emailed iFollow and received two holding replies blaming their slow response on heavy demand (I wonder why!) and Covid. Abysmal service as usual, a money spinner for them but for the customer, nothing but frustration. If the team were doing well it wouldn't seem so bad, but on top of everything else, it's just about the last straw that some of us can't even watch our team get beaten every week without going through all this extra stress!

Thankfully I didn't waste £10 on the Col Ewe game, but it reminded me of the Oldham match debacle. I, like many others received an apologetic email dated 29th October promising a full refund within 14 days. That period has now passed and on checking my credit card statement I see that no refund has appeared. Has anybody else had this problem?
I'm emailing efl regarding this and I would advise others to check their accounts to make sure they've received their refund.

Always found it better on phone than laptop but can't speak for tablets (apart from the ones I have to take to recover/forget after 90 mins of watching us play).

Generally though iFollow is just a **** poor and underfunded service, which isn't designed to have as many people watching it as there currently are.

Interesting.
Therefore, the increased numbers dialling in stretching the service might be a good guess.

Thankfully I didn't waste £10 on the Col Ewe game, but it reminded me of the Oldham match debacle. I, like many others received an apologetic email dated 29th October promising a full refund within 14 days. That period has now passed and on checking my credit card statement I see that no refund has appeared. Has anybody else had this problem?
I'm emailing efl regarding this and I would advise others to check their accounts to make sure they've received their refund.
No - same as you, and no refund, and my email from them was dated Oct 27.

No - same as you, and no refund, and my email from them was dated Oct 27.
The only way I got my refund was to phone them which I posted on previous post.Within 48 hrs refund hit my account.

I would also again mention that the Football Supporters Association are going to carry out a survey for all supporters to complete to gather in what fans have been experiencing it should be available shortly.When I am aware of it I will post

I actually got a refund (for the Tranmere game) the other day.

It's clear that their service hasn't been set up to handle the amount of people who are actually watching.

I was talking to a colleague about this yesterday. He's a Millwall fan and has loads of problems with iFollow, too. Funny thing is, he reckoned that all his Millwall mates find that it doesn't work on the phone/tablet app but works much better on a real laptop or PC.

Which is the complete opposite of what a lot of people here say. That's weird. But what does he know, he's a Millwall fan...

My experience like many others is poor very hit and miss via laptop but better through tablet via the app

On my desk-top computer, which has the largest screen for watching the game, I had trouble again at the start of the match. Using Firefox, I could only get commentary for about the first quarter of an hour and whenever I switched to video I got the black screen withe the small revolving circle. I found I had video connection just after they had scored their first goal and from then on there was no problem. You can't blame ifollow for the quality of our game!

Struggled to get the Colchester match going on Chrome but switched to Firefox and it ran perfectly the whole match, that's the first time I've had an issue where it wasn't affecting everyone at once.

I have used Firefox for all games and has proved good 8 out of 10 times.
Also had 2 refunds for the 2 times I did have trouble.

I attached a PDF file to the IFOLLOW rant thread that sent to IFOLLOW which is readable if click on to it.
We all seem to have contradicting issues but the same poor results

I use a PC have 145mb of broadband and for COL U game I put in the voucher,clicked apply and came up green so was accepted
clicked on normal payment
zero to pay came up

clicked accept and that was it. ABSOLUTELY nothing.

I suggested a P45 to the man in charge and did get a reply to submit the voucher number

They probably busing that to get a defamation case going against me.

I think nail already been hit that they not enough capacity and feeds have frozen.

It won't work on PC or Laptop. Only works on my mobile. However, can't cast it to TV using Google Chromecast as it just flickers. I guess mobile it is then. Better than nothing I guess.

Back